14500 Batteries!

benjamin1990

why is it that my high drain batteries barley fit n my mark mod. im afraid they are not going to stay in the right place. how come the regular 14500 works great in it but the high drain ones is shorter??

The 14500's Li-ion are longer because they have a protection circuit. The High Drain batteries do not require protection circuits, thus they are shorter.

You can fill the gap with a magnet spacer, Clouds of Vapor sells em for $1.

why is it that my high drain batteries barley fit n my mark mod. im afraid they are not going to stay in the right place. how come the regular 14500 works great in it but the high drain ones is shorter??

Or you could just stretch the spring out a little like I did. It helps, just don't over do it.

My MM is an 18650, not 14500 but when I put a IMR (really useless, by the way) in the device it wasn't that it had a length issue, it was much more narrow. I corrected it with a rubber band, and then retired the IMR batteries as I ONLY noticed decreased capacity and not a single performance benefit.

Hey Ben, If you want to use the high drain batts, you will have to do as snubber says and kinda stretch the spring a little. Be careful to hold the metal piece as you do this so that you dont pull the whole battery connection off of the board. Please remember that these are custom made units and I made them to fit that particular battery.

• 1 month later...