Vp2 Issues

I've been trying to use my VP2 the past few days and it will not produce any vapor. I've switched and cleaned my attys, wiped the connections and everything. The atty still gets hot, and i still get the feeling that im getting a good hit. But there is no exhale, How can i fix this?!?!?!

Stupid question... have you tried multiple attys by chance??

Do you direct drip or use carts?

Yes, i use a 510 and 801 and both work perfectly fine on the vp-pt, and usually i do direct drip. This may help, but sometimes I'll accidently over fill it and it leaks really bad when i do. But that isn't very often.

Yep, sounds like you are adding too much liquid. Vape what you drip each time... so get it good and cleared like FTJoe said and start over. Then if you drip 2 or 3 drops, vape it till its time for more. I think you are flooding them.

Yes, i use a 510 and 801 and both work perfectly fine on the vp-pt, and usually i do direct drip. This may help, but sometimes I'll accidently over fill it and it leaks really bad when i do. But that isn't very often.

Both attys are doing the same thing? Neither of them work on the VP2 but both work on the PT?

Both attys are doing the same thing? Neither of them work on the VP2 but both work on the PT?

Yes that is the part that is weird about it. All the attys that work on the pt or my regular 510 batteries don't work on the vp2. But i still get the flavor and feel of the hit, just no vapor. Its really odd

You got a fresh battery in it?

I know there have been problems with the adapter puting up the atty connector, and also problems with the center pole in the VP2 getting pushed down, but if the atty is getting hot... never heard of anything like this. New to me. I'm thinking it's just not getting a good connection, or the battery is getting old.

You got a fresh battery in it?

I know there have been problems with the adapter puting up the atty connector, and also problems with the center pole in the VP2 getting pushed down, but if the atty is getting hot... never heard of anything like this. New to me. I'm thinking it's just not getting a good connection, or the battery is getting old.

Yea, well sortof fresh, my other one died on me today and wont hold a charge :(, but i think it has something to do with cleaning it. What is the best way to clean it, ive been kinna scraping it with a paperclip and poked at the hole in the middle a little bit and it works quite abit better now? Should I just use a q-tip and rubbing alcohol or dip it in a small bowl?

Yea, well sortof fresh, my other one died on me today and wont hold a charge :(, but i think it has something to do with cleaning it. What is the best way to clean it, ive been kinna scraping it with a paperclip and poked at the hole in the middle a little bit and it works quite abit better now? Should I just use a q-tip and rubbing alcohol or dip it in a small bowl?

If your other battery died, then this one may be weak. I had some 10440 batts that did that to me. Took me a while to figure out my spade was fine, just old batteries. It wasn't doing the same thing you're seeing, but just wan't hitting good.

Anyhow, I used a q-tip and alchohol on my VP2 a few times, and I know someone else set it soak in alchohol in a small glass (just make sure you don't go past the vent holes).

Well in all honesty, I finally gave up on both my VP2 and my Spade. Loved them for a brief period of time maybe 3 or so months. But too many issues, seems mainly the adapter part was causing vapor/atty problems. Both were very frustrating with their irratic behavior,

I did get the 1st version of VP2 then upgraded to 2nd version courtesy of Jesso, then got Spade and had problems so sent back while under warranty and it worked great for a couple of weeks then nothin.

so now I am vaping away on old faithful 901, but I am concerned some day I won't be able to get batteries.

lot's o' dough out da door. Live and learn.

Live and Learn. I've done that myself with these. I use the eGo and just love it, but I am concerned there will come a time when I can no longer get batteries, so I also bought a Black Silver Bullet and the PT for it. Because of spending so much on other things that have been disappointments, I was a bit worried that this would fall along the wayside, too. But I have to admit it is a fantastic device and I won't ever have to worry about getting batteries for it.

is there a way that i can try and pull the pin up that is in the middle, or would that help. I've cleaned it, switched the batteries, and used a new atty and still nothing. The first few hits are good, but after that dead :(

is there a way that i can try and pull the pin up that is in the middle, or would that help. I've cleaned it, switched the batteries, and used a new atty and still nothing. The first few hits are good, but after that dead :(

Over time the center post can get pushed down to the point where it is barely making contact with the atty. I have taken a small screwdriver and gently pried up on the center post. This has helped it make better contact with the atty.

ps..... I accept no liability if you break it. :D

Over time the center post can get pushed down to the point where it is barely making contact with the atty. I have taken a small screwdriver and gently pried up on the center post. This has helped it make better contact with the atty.

ps..... I accept no liability if you break it. :D

this center post issue, is it the center post on the actual device or the atty? I think I might give this a try. But I really don't understand the build of the device or atty for that matter. thanks

this center post issue, is it the center post on the actual device or the atty? I think I might give this a try. But I really don't understand the build of the device or atty for that matter. thanks

I'm refering to the center post at the top of the unit where the atty connects. :)

Take a look at the fitting where the atomizer attaches. Now look at it from above. You will notice a "circle within a circle." That middle piece (it has a hole in it) is the center pole. It provides positive power to the unit.

Now, look on the side of the fitting until you come across a little hole about the width of a paper clip (hint hint - go get a paper clip) inside THAT hole you will notice a hole in the center pole. Simply insert the paper clip and raise the center pole until it's flush with the outside of the fitting (which by the way is the negative)

NOW give it a try and see if it's working again. Be very gentle when doing this. There is a wire under the center poll you don't want to snap it off. Just go slow .

Take a look at the fitting where the atomizer attaches. Now look at it from above. You will notice a "circle within a circle." That middle piece (it has a hole in it) is the center pole. It provides positive power to the unit.

Now, look on the side of the fitting until you come across a little hole about the width of a paper clip (hint hint - go get a paper clip) inside THAT hole you will notice a hole in the center pole. Simply insert the paper clip and raise the center pole until it's flush with the outside of the fitting (which by the way is the negative)

NOW give it a try and see if it's working again. Be very gentle when doing this. There is a wire under the center poll you don't want to snap it off. Just go slow .

WoW!! That is quite the visual!! Could you just come over to my place and fix all my broken stuff? :wallbash: