Can The Silver Bullet Still Use Cr2S?

I just got a Silver Bullet (so it's the newest model they make) with the intention of vaping it at 5(ish) volts.

After researching how this is done and figuring it all out, I heard that due to the "incident", the BB is now machined differently so that CR2 batteries will not even fit. Of course, both the BB and Silver Bullet are distributed by AltSmoke, so I am assuming that they applied the same feature to the Silver Bullet. I asked AltSmoke, point blank, if this feature has been applied to the Silver bullet as well.

"We say not to use CR2's in the BB, but there was a lot of people wanting it to fit them. So once one company came out with Protected CR2's we made it bigger so they can fit the protected ones. Better to use protected CR2's than none protected CR2's. Regardless it is use at your own risk, we don't recommend using an adapter and only 510's when stacking cells...but it's use at your own risk."

Interesting, but I don't have a BB. So, yeah. Okay.

Can anyone untangle this mess for me? I basically want to know if I can get some protected CR2 batteries and use them in my Silver Bullet. That's all.

P.S.- I'm not asking if you suggest or condone it, I'm asking if I am able to do it.

Thanks!

Looking at the CR2s, I would say they are a little to small for the SB without some serious spacers. It looks like they are 27-29mm.

I'm using Tenergy LiFePO4s in my SB and haven't had any problems. Why would you want to use CR2s instead of the Tenergy LiFePO4s or the Tenergy Protected LiIon batteries?

I guess I can't really answer your question, but I'd say that stacked, the CR2s look about 10mm shorter than the LifePO4s that I'm using, so I'm thinking they wouldn't work (without some big spacers).

o.k.you can do it. (but your not getting away without a disclaimer)

I have a SB and I would NEVER stack any batteries in them, including protected. The reason is that the build is so solid, if ANYTHING were to happen and the batteries released gas, pressure would build and the only area that is weak enough to fault is the atty connection. This could result in the atty literally being turned into a bullet/projectile. I think this is VERY dangerous and it has happened before with the Chuck. The design issue is the same. I know you like the idea of metal inserted into your skin, perhaps you would set a new trend with an atty piercing your tonsils.......

I think Mark's mod is FAR safer for that type of setup as it can vent.

Honestly, I would have spent $30 more and got a Buzz, which would give you 6.0 volts, 5.7V, 5.1V, 4.35V etc. etc. It is vented and designed for stacked batteries. A native 510 model is in production.

Looking at the CR2s, I would say they are a little to small for the SB without some serious spacers. It looks like they are 27-29mm.

I'm using Tenergy LiFePO4s in my SB and haven't had any problems. Why would you want to use CR2s instead of the Tenergy LiFePO4s or the Tenergy Protected LiIon batteries?

I guess I can't really answer your question, but I'd say that stacked, the CR2s look about 10mm shorter than the LifePO4s that I'm using, so I'm thinking they wouldn't work (without some big spacers).

Something I should have included in the post, I am NOT battery-savvy at ALL! People kept saying CR2s so then that was what I was after. I don't really know a lot about batteries yet, myself.

I know you like the idea of metal inserted into your skin, perhaps you would set a new trend with an atty piercing your tonsils.......

Burn, you have no clue how expensive piercers can be. Give me a break, I'm just trying to save a buck!

Burn, you have no clue how expensive piercers can be. Give me a break, I'm just trying to save a buck!

You are right, I do not, I don't have a tattoo or even wear any jewelry besides my wedding ring. I pierced my ear once when I was a teenager but my father LITERALLY filed a motion with the Social Security office to change my legal name to "Nancy". I took the earring out......

You are right, I do not, I don't have a tattoo or even wear any jewelry besides my wedding ring. I pierced my ear once when I was a teenager but my father LITERALLY filed a motion with the Social Security office to change my legal name to "Nancy". I took the earring out......

I think that might be the best parent reaction to a piercing that I have ever heard in my whole 22 years on this earth. My friend's mom attacked her with a pair of pliers, but this one... Yeah, this one wins. :D

I use the one's that Brian linked to also. Just keep your batts in marked pairs and pay attention to when your vapor begins to taper off and swap out the batts. You'll be OK.

I use the one's that Brian linked to also. Just keep your batts in marked pairs and pay attention to when your vapor begins to taper off and swap out the batts. You'll be OK.

Awesome, thanks Jeff. Yeah, Roor showed me his A1 A2 labeling system (or however he does it) and plan on doing the same.

o.k.you can do it. (but your not getting away without a disclaimer)

I have a SB and I would NEVER stack any batteries in them, including protected. The reason is that the build is so solid, if ANYTHING were to happen and the batteries released gas, pressure would build and the only area that is weak enough to fault is the atty connection. This could result in the atty literally being turned into a bullet/projectile. I think this is VERY dangerous and it has happened before with the Chuck. The design issue is the same. I know you like the idea of metal inserted into your skin, perhaps you would set a new trend with an atty piercing your tonsils.......

I think Mark's mod is FAR safer for that type of setup as it can vent.

Honestly, I would have spent $30 more and got a Buzz, which would give you 6.0 volts, 5.7V, 5.1V, 4.35V etc. etc. It is vented and designed for stacked batteries. A native 510 model is in production.

Sorry to jump in here, I know the designer and creator of the SB and BB. To answer the OP there was talk of changing the BB to not be able to take cr2's because of possible discharge of stacked unprotected batteries. This has since been changed and the BB now has an extended bottom to be able to house 2 protected cr2 batteries. The Silver Bullet is like the BB's big brother/sister. It can use 1x 18650 battery or 2x protected rcr123a batteries. I recommend using the lifepo4 batteries for 6v vaping, though they do not have a protection circuit, they are designed with a safer chemistry. Make sure when purchasing protected rcr123a's that you get the 3.0v batteries and not the 3.7v batteries. Or since you stated you wanted 5vish vaping. Maybe go with a hi drain 18650 battery paired with the low resistance 510 atomizers. It put out great vapor and lasts awhile too.

To address the quoted statement. The Silver Bullet is designed to vent through the button, and not the battery connector. If you have any more questions about the device. The maker of the SB, BB, and soon to be Omega goes by the name CDDZ on other forums. I am not sure if he is registered here or not.

Hope this helped.