"the Buzz" - First Impression

Burn

2) cartos work fine, same as usual. I prefer my cartos on high volt so it is convenient to be be able to crack it up on same device as my regular atty.

3) I like the 901 - 510 adapter quite a bit better than 510 - 801/901 adapters. However this only leave this adapter as the "tallest midget". It is manageable and It doesnt stop me from buying the device or it becoming my primary. native 510 would have been ideal and I do believe it is a matter of time until 510 is offered as native. This is only my opinion, I base this on nothing but observation.

4) Size is not bad to me at all, I was carrying around the Silver Bullet for the past month and it is smaller than that. It wont fit in a shirt pocket discreetly but I do keep it in my pants pocket for dress slacks and on the inside pocket of my suits and it is fine and hasnt misfired. I dont think it will go into a snug pair of jeans, I can only use an eGo on those type of jeans and you dont really want to do that anyways as the eGo is a "misfire" machine in pants pockets.

3 days into the "Buzz" era and I cant see myself EVER buying another mod or device that isnt regulated and variable. Very consistent performance.

3 days into the "Buzz" era and I cant see myself EVER buying another mod or device that isnt regulated and variable. Very consistent performance.

I agree, I can't see buying a mod that isn't regulated and variable either. I think variable regulated mods are the future and one day single or dual volt mods will become obsolete.

Edited by Hyperspace

This unit has peaked my attention but, Ill wait for a more pleasing phyiscal design, and a 510 connection. Then Ill buy one. :coffee:

Ha! The voice of reason! Aw go away! :D You patient guys get all the best stuff.

2) cartos work fine, same as usual. I prefer my cartos on high volt so it is convenient to be be able to crack it up on same device as my regular atty.

3) I like the 901 - 510 adapter quite a bit better than 510 - 801/901 adapters. However this only leave this adapter as the "tallest midget". It is manageable and It doesnt stop me from buying the device or it becoming my primary. native 510 would have been ideal and I do believe it is a matter of time until 510 is offered as native. This is only my opinion, I base this on nothing but observation.

4) Size is not bad to me at all, I was carrying around the Silver Bullet for the past month and it is smaller than that. It wont fit in a shirt pocket discreetly but I do keep it in my pants pocket for dress slacks and on the inside pocket of my suits and it is fine and hasnt misfired. I dont think it will go into a snug pair of jeans, I can only use an eGo on those type of jeans and you dont really want to do that anyways as the eGo is a "misfire" machine in pants pockets.

I totally agree with you on using higher voltage with cartos! It's the only way to go. I'm looking forward to finding my sweet spot with them... as I feel like there is a fine line that can be too much voltage or too little voltage. Can't wait to be able to just "give it a quick tweek" and continue my day! I honestly haven't thought once about the looks of it. I'm like you, I'm buying this unit based on performance anyway. I honestly don't need to impress anyone with it anyway... and I'm usually at home or at my office when vaping... so who cares how appealing to the eye it is? Man, I've been coming on daily to see if you've added anything more about it! So far I'm very happy with what you have said about it!! Thanks for all the input... its nice to know that I'm going to like it and I don't really have to even wonder either! :thumbsup:

I'm buying this unit based on performance anyway. I honestly don't need to impress anyone with it anyway... :thumbsup:

That's the way I feel too. I don't like the looks of box mods and look how many people are buying those. Performance is far more important than looks.

My biggest gripe with e-cigs and every mod I have seen to date is the battery performance. I really like a fully charged 3.7 battery when it is at 4.2 but within the first hour, I can feel it diminishing. By hour 4, I am looking for a freshly charged 18650 battery to get back to 4.2v

Well FWIW you never vape at 4.2V. As soon as you hit the button (loaded volts) the voltage drops. With Joye products a freshly charged batt vapes at 3.2V, a 14500 at 3.7V and an 18650 at about 3.8V (these are Joye 510 atty numbers). A pair of Tenergy 3V Li-PO's hit at 5.18V.

Buzz said for people that are really concerned about juice around the screw, they can just put a little silicone around it and that will seal it.

Unfortunately the smelly, original silicone (contains acetic acid) bond does not hold up to e-liquids. Maybe the Type II (that doesn't stink when curing) will hold up better. I have only tried the original.

Well FWIW you never vape at 4.2V. As soon as you hit the button (loaded volts) the voltage drops. With Joye products a freshly charged batt vapes at 3.2V, a 14500 at 3.7V and an 18650 at about 3.8V (these are Joye 510 atty numbers). A pair of Tenergy 3V Li-PO's hit at 5.18V.

How is that different than effective wattage output, considering resistance? I am curious. I saw your post describing this and how it was measured but It just appeared to be another way to measure joule's law

http://thelocust.net/ohm/

Even so, the fact that batteries diminish over usage leading to inconsistent results, sucks.

Buzz said for people that are really concerned about juice around the screw, they can just put a little silicone around it and that will seal it.

Speaking of that screw... can someone tell me what is under the head of it that is black? Is this some type of "seal" or something now?

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

I can't even begin to tell you all how much I love this baby!! Yes, it's not the cute and fancy PV that you might see out there... but that is EASILY overlooked when it comes to the performance! It's not ugly by any means... but it's just a regular tube mod from the outside. It feels really good in my hand and wasn't as big as I was thinking it was going to be. It's definately a SOLID unit that I wouldn't be afraid to rough up a bit. I've been rockin' the Premium Cartos that I had picked up from V4L... I'm at the preset 4.5V, and I must say... I'm very pleased! It's a perfect vape/temp for me with those cartos. I have yet to even try anything else as I've only had it since lastnight. Anyway.. I'm not even going to try to compare to the OTHER review around here... I can't compete with that! Let me just say: I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH MY PURCHASE! WILL NOT BE LOOKING AT ANYTHING ELSE FOR A LONG WHILE... THERE'S NO NEED!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Unfortunately the smelly, original silicone (contains acetic acid) bond does not hold up to e-liquids. Maybe the Type II (that doesn't stink when curing) will hold up better. I have only tried the original.

It sounds like the best options are to order the Buzz with the optional O-Ring or use a sealed adapter like DAYVAPE does.

Speaking of that screw... can someone tell me what is under the head of it that is black? Is this some type of "seal" or something now?

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

I can't even begin to tell you all how much I love this baby!! Yes, it's not the cute and fancy PV that you might see out there... but that is EASILY overlooked when it comes to the performance! It's not ugly by any means... but it's just a regular tube mod from the outside. It feels really good in my hand and wasn't as big as I was thinking it was going to be. It's definately a SOLID unit that I wouldn't be afraid to rough up a bit. I've been rockin' the Premium Cartos that I had picked up from V4L... I'm at the preset 4.5V, and I must say... I'm very pleased! It's a perfect vape/temp for me with those cartos. I have yet to even try anything else as I've only had it since lastnight. Anyway.. I'm not even going to try to compare to the OTHER review around here... I can't compete with that! Let me just say: I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH MY PURCHASE! WILL NOT BE LOOKING AT ANYTHING ELSE FOR A LONG WHILE... THERE'S NO NEED!!! :thumbsup:

Glad to hear you got your Buzz. I don't think it's ugly either. I've seen a lot uglier mods out there. I like the looks of it. I'm not sure what the black thing is but I'm guessing it's whatever the screw screws into.

Glad to hear you got your Buzz. I don't think it's ugly either. I've seen a lot uglier mods out there. I like the looks of it. I'm not sure what the black thing is but I'm guessing it's whatever the screw screws into.

It's like some thin piece of plastic material or something. I actually had to trim some little pieces off of mine that didn't get cut off good. It looks like some type of plastic that was put on like a washer would be. I don't know... I don't want to take any chances that it's sealed off tight though. Here's another thing I did lastnight: I ended up taking one of the little short chrome adapters(801to901)lastnight and filling the little hole that runs through it with some sealer. That way it won't leak straight through and ruin something. I'm using it with the KR Cartos and it works great... not a drop of anything. I used to get juice running through the hole and onto the atty connector. Obviously it can still run out the sides where the atty and adapter meet... but I can catch that alot easier and take care of it.

It's like some thin piece of plastic material or something. I actually had to trim some little pieces off of mine that didn't get cut off good. It looks like some type of plastic that was put on like a washer would be. I don't know... I don't want to take any chances that it's sealed off tight though. Here's another thing I did lastnight: I ended up taking one of the little short chrome adapters(801to901)lastnight and filling the little hole that runs through it with some sealer. That way it won't leak straight through and ruin something. I'm using it with the KR Cartos and it works great... not a drop of anything. I used to get juice running through the hole and onto the atty connector. Obviously it can still run out the sides where the atty and adapter meet... but I can catch that alot easier and take care of it.

for me, the black piece seems softer than plastic, like a seal. I dont flood the atty with 4.5 nearly as much as I did with other models, I think this is because of the consistent power, 3 drops all the time seems to burn off well, including the caffeine infused juices I use. If the battery is weaker and putting out 15% less power, it is reasonable to expect that it may not burn off all 3 drops as it does at full power. This is just a reasoned guess. Anyways, leaking is not an issue when flooded, I did check when I was concerned.

I think you can see why I was so enthused. I am going to buy a second one (backup) and probably post some of my other mods/units on the trade forum. The native 510 is on its way and I will be getting one of those when they are ready.

for me, the black piece seems softer than plastic, like a seal. I dont flood the atty with 4.5 nearly as much as I did with other models, I think this is because of the consistent power, 3 drops all the time seems to burn off well, including the caffeine infused juices I use. If the battery is weaker and putting out 15% less power, it is reasonable to expect that it may not burn off all 3 drops as it does at full power. This is just a reasoned guess. Anyways, leaking is not an issue when flooded, I did check when I was concerned.

I think you can see why I was so enthused. I am going to buy a second one (backup) and probably post some of my other mods/units on the trade forum. The native 510 is on its way and I will be getting one of those when they are ready.

So she's sealed off then huh? Sweet. Glad to know that for sure... I noticed on the website it said "optional o-ring" though. So I was just wondering why it was "optional" and not just standard. Either way... I don't think it's something to worry about really. Yeah, I'm liking this thing more and more the longer I use it!! Have you been playing with adjusting the voltage yet? I haven't even touched it... as I am really liking it at 4.5 volts for now. I'm sure once I start using a different atty I will do some tweaking on it. Man, this thing is sweet... I was sitting there lastnight looking at all my Tornado batteries, VP2, etc. and wondering how long it would be before I used them again! I should be doing like you and trying to sell those items and getting another BUZZ for backup. :thumbsup:

So she's sealed off then huh? Sweet. Glad to know that for sure... I noticed on the website it said "optional o-ring" though. So I was just wondering why it was "optional" and not just standard. Either way... I don't think it's something to worry about really. Yeah, I'm liking this thing more and more the longer I use it!! Have you been playing with adjusting the voltage yet? I haven't even touched it... as I am really liking it at 4.5 volts for now. I'm sure once I start using a different atty I will do some tweaking on it. Man, this thing is sweet... I was sitting there lastnight looking at all my Tornado batteries, VP2, etc. and wondering how long it would be before I used them again! I should be doing like you and trying to sell those items and getting another BUZZ for backup. :thumbsup:

Buzz should confirm this as I did not want to void my warranty but I all indications show that it is reasonably sealed.

I did play with the voltage the first day or 2 but once I found my ideal voltage, I haven't touched it in a few days (4.35V) I cant think of any other reason I would touch it with the atties I use, I will crank it up to 6V when I use cartos.

I will probably keep my eGo's for traveling. I will be traveling the next 2 weeks and I am dreading leaving my BUZZ at home.

Buzz should confirm this as I did not want to void my warranty but I all indications show that it is reasonably sealed.

I did play with the voltage the first day or 2 but once I found my ideal voltage, I haven't touched it in a few days (4.35V) I cant think of any other reason I would touch it with the atties I use, I will crank it up to 6V when I use cartos.

I will probably keep my eGo's for traveling. I will be traveling the next 2 weeks and I am dreading leaving my BUZZ at home.

I'm perfectly happy with it so far at 4.5V using the Premium Cartos from V4L. They are lower resistance than the standard 510 cartos.... and they are awesome!

You should check em out if you haven't yet: http://store.vapor4life.com/Vapor_King_Premium_Blank_Cartomizers_p/pvk-blanks.htm

Mike said the Buzz is 99% sealed. He said there is .005 of a inch gap around the screw. He needed that gap for the screw to rotate. He says he's a messy vapper and has never gotten any juice inside his Buzz.

Mike said the Buzz is 99% sealed. He said there is .005 of a inch gap around the screw. He needed that gap for the screw to rotate. He says he's a messy vapper and has never gotten any juice inside his Buzz.

Good to know. I'm a "clean vaper"... always makin' sure not to get juice anywhere it's not supposed to be! I don't think we have much to worry about. I know I'm certainly a might happy camper right now with this baby! :punk:

Good to know. I'm a "clean vaper"... always makin' sure not to get juice anywhere it's not supposed to be! I don't think we have much to worry about. I know I'm certainly a might happy camper right now with this baby! :punk:

I try to be a clean vaper to. I only got juice on the Buzz connection once and that was because I was carrying it right side up in my pocket. After that I learned to always put in my pocket upside down. At home I always lay it down sideways. At bedtime I take the atty off and turn it upside down to drain back into the cartridge.

yeah, i think i will be getting a Buzz.

I can assure you... you will NOT be disappointed with that purchase!! Trust us on this one. The flexibility of this unit is just amazing! I mean, you can really fine tune this thing to each atty setup you use. :thumbsup:

hey... how's the button?

i am used to VP series buttons that have almost zero chance of being pushed my accident.

I like the button... its really small, so I don't think you will need to worry about accidental firings. Plus, it doesn't leave an indentation in your thumb after a day of vaping. I've never seen a button like it before... and don't know what to compare it to... but it's definately a good/solid button. It has a soft "click" pressing and letting go of it. What else can you say about it Burn?? I'm sure he will have some input too. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

I like the button... its really small, so I don't think you will need to worry about accidental firings. Plus, it doesn't leave an indentation in your thumb after a day of vaping. I've never seen a button like it before... and don't know what to compare it to... but it's definately a good/solid button. It has a soft "click" pressing and letting go of it. What else can you say about it Burn?? I'm sure he will have some input too. :thumbsup:

Yeah I like the button too. Like you said it doesn't leave a dent in your finger like the Vaprlife button. I carry it in my pocket everyday and it's never gone off. The only thing I did like about the Vaprlife life button is it stuck out a little bit and kept the mod from rolling on surfaces. The Buzz will roll, so you want to be careful where you lay it.

Yeah I like the button too. Like you said it doesn't leave a dent in your finger like the Vaprlife button. I carry it in my pocket everyday and it's never gone off. The only thing I did like about the Vaprlife life button is it stuck out a little bit and kept the mod from rolling on surfaces. The Buzz will roll, so you want to be careful where you lay it.

Say what?? Mine doesn't roll at all hardly. It definately hits/stops at the button.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines