Joker's Acting Wierd

So I've had the joker since it came out, nd about 15 minutes ago, it started having a cutoff. After taking a drag for about 3 seconds, the LED changes to blue for a SPLIT second, (almost unnoticeable) then turns off, and stops producing vapor. It works again if I press the button immediately after, but still cuts off about 3 seconds later. I tried putting in freshly charged batts right off the charger, and have the same problem. I also tried swapping the atty with the same results. I'm hesitant to send it back yet, atleast until I get another 5 volt device, since this is currently the only thing I leave my house with, I absolutely love it, and my 510 PCC doesn't charge the batteries anymore. Any1 else have this problem? Any suggestions?

Hey Genet1c,

I've had that problem with mine as well, but I've found that it was from me overfilling my atty and it ends up dripping onto the contact that the atty screws down onto. Using a paper towel, I've soaked up any juice that may have gotten under that atty connector and it worked as good as new. Might be worth a try. Hope this helps ya.

Thanx for the fast response! So I tried cleaning it out before I even started this thread, to no avail. But, after using for about another hour, the problem stopped. So far so good! I'm not sure what could've caused it, nd the first thing I thought, just like you guys, was a short because of the liquid. Don't know why cleaning it didn't fix it right away but I'm happy. BTW, I wanna try an 801 Atty on it, and was wondering where I can find an adapter and how well the 801 works on it.

Anyway, again thanx for the quick response and ill keep y'all updated!

Yeah, mine did the same thing earlier today and I've only used a cartomizer on it since I got it a week ago but unlike the other responses about being too wet mine seemed to do it when the carto must have been going dry?? Filled it back up and all seemed OK. Anyways, it did stop doing that and seems OK now, just hope it stays that way and I also like it very much and def don't want to send it back as this also is my only HV device.

I was using a LR atomizer on my ego/Tornado before I got this Joker and I must say (IMHO) that doesn't even compare to the vape experience from this device not to mention the LR attys didn't last very long and started to get kinda expensive, so yeah, I don't wanna give it up either so hopefully it will work itself out.

Yeah, mine did the same thing earlier today and I've only used a cartomizer on it since I got it a week ago but unlike the other responses about being too wet mine seemed to do it when the carto must have been going dry?? Filled it back up and all seemed OK. Anyways, it did stop doing that and seems OK now, just hope it stays that way and I also like it very much and def don't want to send it back as this also is my only HV device.

I was using a LR atomizer on my ego/Tornado before I got this Joker and I must say (IMHO) that doesn't even compare to the vape experience from this device not to mention the LR attys didn't last very long and started to get kinda expensive, so yeah, I don't wanna give it up either so hopefully it will work itself out.

Where are you getting your LR attys? The ones I get from Totally Wicked last me as long as my regular ones have so far.... just curious.

I havent tried LR atties yet, but just thought I'd mention, I have 5 regular 510 atomizers, 3 of which are about a year old and the only problem I've had is that I clogged one of em. A quick boil took care of it though. And I've torture the crap out of em. Like I always burn them for about 30 seconds multiple times to clean em every couple of days using my homemade passthrough which doesn't have a cutoff. I think the reason peoples atties have been failing is because they don't clean em nd the liquid eventually shorts the circuit. So my personal suggestion is to let ur atomizers burn off most if not all of the excess liquid inside the atomizer until vapor stops coming off. But be careful because the atomizer will get hot enough to burn you and destroy most regular ecig batteries. Id recommend using a homemade passthrough that you could easily fix if it melts anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I was getting the LR atties from Inhaler, lasting me 10 to 14 days. At about 2 bucks a pop for cartos and lasting me at least 2 weeks each so far on the Joker, i think will be cheaper in the long run, idk.