Usb Passthrough

I'm wondering if anyone has ordered from this vendor or used this pass-through before?

Probably going to try this one for my first pass-through but wondering how might the battery effect the experience? Most pass-through usually don't have a battery and directly go from atty to usb, yeah? I know it's only like $13, and most would just toss the money and find out, but I only get to spend like $25 every couple weeks on this stuff and would hate to blow it on a bum-deal. Think this is a safe buy?

Thanks in advance! :)

http://www.azsmokefree.com/inc/sdetail/3385

I prefer the battery ,it reduces the voltage to 3.7 volts like your batteries.The ones without the battery are 5 volt and I don't care too much for high voltage.Most people on this forum prefer 5 volts.Another nice thing about the battery inline is when it is charged you can use the passthrough like a mod and use it unplugged it is about equal to two stock batteries at 360 mAh.That is a good price ,I have not used that vendor ,so let us know how they are.

Edited by mcquinn

That nice in that it's just a regular 510 battery that you can vape while you charge it. I would say most people get a PT for two reasons:

1. To experience higher voltage

2. To reduce the usage of a battery when you're able to.

Keep in mind that the 510 batteries will only last so long. So, buy using a PT instead of a battery, the batteries will last longer. With the one you're looking at, the battery will always be in use. I can certainly see how it's convenient though - not having to carry a charger around. I have heard a few people who really like them.

Oh - I have heard good things about that vendor, so I think you're safe there.

Edited by Brian

That nice in that it's just a regular 510 battery that you can vape while you charge it. I would say most people get a PT for two reasons:

1. To experience higher voltage

2. To reduce the usage of a battery when you're able to.

Keep in mind that the 510 batteries will only last so long. So, buy using a PT instead of a battery, the batteries will last longer. With the one you're looking at, the battery will always be in use. I can certainly see how it's convenient though - not having to carry a charger around. I have heard a few people who really like them.

Oh - I have heard good things about that vendor, so I think you're safe there.

Does that mean that if the battery dies, the PT itself is useless until I replace the battery?

And thanks guys for the responses! :)

oopsie ,I should have looked I thought it was a Genuine Joye PT with the inline 10440 battery.I have not tried that version .Looks cool though.I have two Kissbox passthroughs which use the 801/302 atties and have the 10440 battery inline and I keep one at work and one at home so I spend very little time on batteries just driving and going out.Another nice thing about the ones with batteries is you can get away with using the less expensive 400 mAh car and wall usb adapters as the PT doesn't draw as much amperage.No when the battery goes dead you just plug in and charge it back up.

Edited by mcquinn

Does that mean that if the battery dies, the PT itself is useless until I replace the battery?

And thanks guys for the responses! :)

That's a good question, but I can't answer it. :) My guess would be that if the battery dies, it'll stop working. It is just a 510 battery that you can charge while vaping. You can see that it's just a standard UBS cord that plug into it... you can buy one of those anywhere. I certainly don't think it's a waste, but I don't see that you're gaining much from it other than the ability to charge your battery while vaping.

If the battery dies in as having been charged the 200 charging cycles or what ever the limit is ,then yes it is finished .I prefer the Joye ones with the 10440 battery as you can replace that ,the only problem is you have a cord to deal with when you use it as a battery powered unit and the battery is 360 mAh as I said before which is roughly double the capacity of a stock battery.

Okie, I think I'm following ya thus far, lol. I've only been into vaping for a few weeks, but being absolutely blown away by not wanting an analog ever since, I have found myself completely intrigued and wanting to learn everything I can! I'm going to have to read up on the different batteries, voltages and what not. Some of this sounds really foreign to me still. :X

I would recommend getting one without the inline battery if you don't plan to use the unplugged PT to vape on the go. And if you want the extra battery life get a PT without the battery and buy a usb battery pack (such as the apc upb10 instead). This configuration will give you an extremely long battery life (1600mah), as well as a PT to vape at a computer or wall usb adapter while at 5v and give you 5v (maybe a little less) on the go. This has been the best and cheapest solution I could find.

I would recommend getting one without the inline battery if you don't plan to use the unplugged PT to vape on the go. And if you want the extra battery life get a PT without the battery and buy a usb battery pack (such as the apc upb10 instead). This configuration will give you an extremely long battery life (1600mah), as well as a PT to vape at a computer or wall usb adapter while at 5v and give you 5v (maybe a little less) on the go. This has been the best and cheapest solution I could find.

Wait, a usb battery pack? First I've heard of that one, I'll have to check that out. Is there a car lighter usb that ya can plug a PT into on the go? Damn, you just opened a new door of exploration for me, lol!

Wait, a usb battery pack? First I've heard of that one, I'll have to check that out. Is there a car lighter usb that ya can plug a PT into on the go? Damn, you just opened a new door of exploration for me, lol!

Yep. You can get a USB plugin for your car and you can get a wall to usb adapter so you don't actually need a computer. You want to make sure it's 2amp though. There are some 0.5 amp and 1 amp ones that don't cut it.

Edited by Brian

I got my 510 passthrough from AZ and really love it. I just traveled from colorado to arizona using it. the convenience of having a passthrough and being able to disconnect and just use as a 510 was soooo great !!!

The service was great and the prices are amazing.

Not sure about the battery--essentially the standard passthrough is the same principle, but not detachable.

My other 510 passthrough I have had for 4 months without issue.

Mostly use my VP-PT at home and the AZ passthrough in my car.

I really like this products and company so far !!

Happy vaping

I got my 510 passthrough from AZ and really love it. I just traveled from colorado to arizona using it. the convenience of having a passthrough and being able to disconnect and just use as a 510 was soooo great !!!

The service was great and the prices are amazing.

Not sure about the battery--essentially the standard passthrough is the same principle, but not detachable.

My other 510 passthrough I have had for 4 months without issue.

Mostly use my VP-PT at home and the AZ passthrough in my car.

I really like this products and company so far !!

Happy vaping

The PT with battery in line will do the trick if you like 3.7 volts. The one without battery runs at 5v and on the battery pack with 5v as well. Oh and there is a pretty awesome battery meter built into the battery pack so you know how much charge you have. :)

Edited by haft2doit

The AZ passthrough doesn't have the in line battery--it has the mini USB port in the top of the 510 that allows disconnecting from the cable for use as a regular 510.

Like the sound of the battery pack with voltage meter--handy

Thanks for that.

Happy vaping