What will you do?

Okay - here's a question I haven't seen posted anywhere at any time. And, weird as it may seem, it's something that's popped into my head off and on. In the event that we find ourselves without electricity for a period of time (ei - natural or manmade disasters for example), do you have any back up plan for your e-cig? There is a site out there that sells a solar powered charger for their ecig and I have to admit that it is tempting to order from them. Their ecig looks kind of like a Loong Totem atomizer/cart one (in my very limited experience) so don't know if the charger would work with any other batteries. But it got me thinking that could be a real handy thing to have even if you plan on, say, a week long camping trip or something. Anyway, just wondered if anyone had any 'backup power source' for their charger.

Wow you know I never really thought about it. But I suppose it would really depend on how long the power was out. I have about 5 laptops here at home and I can always plug in my USB charger or a passthrough and vape on one of the laptops. I also have USB battery box that I could use that would last a good 12 hours.

Now if the power was off for days hmmm....I can't really think of anything that would help out I suppose I would be SOL. Do you have a link to that site?

Man good question by the way

Actually it was a different e-cig supplier altogether but those are pretty neat, too, Vacker! Especially that Kensington power pack. Will need to look into something that's for sure as I'm really, REALLY hoping to get out camping sometime this summer and don't want to be without my ecig! Thanks for that info, Vacker.

Well, as it happens... a few months ago, I hardwired a gas-powered backup generator to my circuit box, and if the electricity fails for any protracted length of time, I can just flip a couple of switches in the breaker box and have backup power generation on-site. To conserve energy, I'd have to turn off a few things that are normally on... but charging my e-cig batteries would not be among them.

Well as long as the power wasn't out for more than a few hours I would plug the charger into my computers UPS, I am sure a low power unit like that would charge my e-cig batteries, if not I built a battery powered USB Charger from a kit I found in Maker Magazine, that should work.

Well, StringDancer it sounds like you are prepared all right. Have been having thoughts about a generator myself but ... just never seem to have the extra cash around. Got a wood stove that would heat and feed us if necessary so them's the important things. Well, until my e-cig came along, lol.

Chris - sorry, didn't realize you were still interested in that site promoting the solar charger. Here it is:

Solar Charger