Nicotine -Vaping Vs Analog?

Hi guys....Have a Noob question I can only find half the answer too. I was surf'n the net wondering how much nicotine was in an analog,and how much I was taking in daily. The answer was 1mg for ever analog I smoked.(thinks that right) I was a 2 1/2 pack a day chimney, about 45 analogs, so my intake was 45 MG of nicotine a day. Sounds right? So.. that got me thinking...just how much nicotine im I taking in with vaping 24mg strength e-liquid?? Im into vaping about 10 days now, and have vaped about a 5ml bottle so far. Anyone know of a good post or site that will educate me on this?? Or...if you know the answer..Im all ears thanks

You get about 1 mg of nicotine per cigarette usually. But of course this depends on the cigarette on how much you smoke.

Now let's talk E Liquid. The 10ml bottle contains 24mg per milliliter. (Most people believe it's 24mg for the entire bottle) So if you've used 5ml you've used about 120mg of nicotine total. :)

UMMM I think I got my bottle sizes messed up...I did a 10ml bottle not 5. But hey even with a 10ml it works out to about a ML of e-liquid a day, so Im at 24mg of nicotine a day vs 45-50 smoking analogs. SCORE---E-Cigs 100 Analogs 0-- Man that makes my night!! :thumbsup: I can vape even more and still be ahead.. AWESOME

This is one of those issues no one really knows about just yet. The absorption rate for nicotine in analogs vs vapor is quite different, though as far as I know there's no hard and fast measurement out there. I can say for sure though that you do not absorb nicotine as efficiently from vapor as you do from smoke.

This is one of those issues no one really knows about just yet. The absorption rate for nicotine in analogs vs vapor is quite different, though as far as I know there's no hard and fast measurement out there. I can say for sure though that you do not absorb nicotine as efficiently from vapor as you do from smoke.

Damn, he beat me by 4 minutes. What Dave said, the absorption rate is far less. I also think that its possible that the vapor may not pick all the nic up in the vapor.

I am also curious about how much excess nicotine is released into the air on exhale. This is why a real scientific study needs to be done. I personally would like to see the labs over at "popular science" take this on.

I also dont want to miss the point of the topic. Ouster, what you are getting at is very real, you are using less nicotine and reducing your dependency on it. Once you are comfortable with vaping and feel settled in, allow me to make you a suggestion; try buying some 18MG and give that a shot. You may be surprised. I personally went from 24 mg to 6mg in about 2 months and I dont have cravings nor am I unsatisfied. Also for the first time in a long time, when I wake up, I dont HAVE to have nicotine anymore. I have been up for 2.5 hours this morning already and have yet to vape. This was unfathomable a mere 10 weeks ago.

I also dont want to miss the point of the topic. Ouster, what you are getting at is very real, you are using less nicotine and reducing your dependency on it. Once you are comfortable with vaping and feel settled in, allow me to make you a suggestion; try buying some 18MG and give that a shot. You may be surprised. I personally went from 24 mg to 6mg in about 2 months and I dont have cravings nor am I unsatisfied. Also for the first time in a long time, when I wake up, I dont HAVE to have nicotine anymore. I have been up for 2.5 hours this morning already and have yet to vape. This was unfathomable a mere 10 weeks ago.

That is a totally worthwhile thing to point out Burn. I sure wish this would work for me but so far hasn't. I really am glad for you folks who can cut down the nic strength. I'm sure that eventually I will too, because I know I vape less now than I did in the beginning. That's a direct line to what you're talking about. I have hopes of cutting back some day too but sure not there yet! ;) Good stuff, thanks.

For me, the real issue isn't, or was never about quantity, always quality.Vaping satisfies my monster.The fun is trying different flavors and strengths, to see what works. We are explorers. Great question, got me to thinking. Vape on! Monty

Thanks guys..Good stuff! I already started the drop in MG's. My wife didnt like the 24 mg..too harsh for her..so my last order I dropped to 18 and 16mgs. I think ill just keep ordering medium strength for a bit see how things go :thumbsup:

This is great info! I used the trial and error method. So, if i smoked 15-20 analogs a day and only vape about 1-2ml of 18mg per day, then i'm right on track. Thanks Chris!