Drip Tips For Tornado/ego?

noXious

I'm considering the purchase of a Tornado (everyone seems to be sold out of the eGo) but I'm interested in dripping the majority of the time. The TW website doesn't state specifically (or I don't know where to find that info) what type of atomizers come with the ego. Does anyone drip with their Tornado/eGo using tips? If so, what tip/s do you recommend?

Also, I think I understand the basics of low res attys. TW sells low res attys for the Tornado, but what has been your experience using a LR atty with your Tornado/eGo?

TIA

I drip with an LR atty, or for on the go a drip tip with a soft cap carto to extend it a little further out from the cone. Both are excellent options with the ego. I have more LR attys than regular now (not including cartos).

Cignot.com has the eGo now. You might want to check them. They have good prices.

The kits comes with regular 510 attys.

I have both the tornado batteries and the eGo batteries. I've tried LR attys from three different places now and the TW LR attys have lasted the longest for me. I've used two of them so far and each one has lasted two weeks. They are the only ones I would feel comfortable recommending right now as far as length of life goes. All have been great on vapor production.

I also use drip tips and have fallen in love with them. I have the stainless and delrin tips from Super T. I don't know that there would be a lot of difference between them and the ones from other places, but maybe someone else would know for sure.

In my humble opinion...combine the eGo/tornado battery with a LR atty and a drip tip and you have an almost perfect vaping machine! I say almost because they might come out with something even better. :thumbsup:

I have the Tornado batteries and the delrin tips from SuperT and LR attys from TW. It's really one hell of a combination. And Luke over at Vaporgalaxy has them.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Thanks nana. I did check with cignot before finally ordering from TW. The Tornado kit comes with an extra atomizer and 10 carts total. With the BFC81 promo I paid $73.99 and purchased LR atty.

Thanks also for confirming my thoughts on the combo ;) Wonder how well LR attys play with VG...

Now I only need to find a suitable drip tip .. why can't I have elves?

edit: I did not snub you snubber, I promise!

hehe, I have looked at the Super T drip tips but I haven't seen them anywhere else. Does anyone know of an another supplier who carries drip tips? It would be nice to have something to compare.

Edited by noXious

Thanks nana. I did check with cignot before finally ordering from TW. The Tornado kit comes with an extra atomizer and 10 carts total. With the BFC81 promo I paid $73.99 and purchased LR atty.

Thanks also for confirming my thoughts on the combo ;) Wonder how well LR attys play with VG...

Now I only need to find a suitable drip tip .. why can't I have elves?

edit: I did not snub you snubber, I promise!

hehe, I have looked at the Super T drip tips but I haven't seen them anywhere else. Does anyone know of an another supplier who carries drip tips? It would be nice to have something to compare.

The LR attys work good with VG as far as I can tell.

NHaler carries drip tips. MadVapes has some on their site but they aren't in stock right now.

I have been using different rubber "drip tips". I use the finger grips at the end of different pens. There are so many to choose from and they work like a CHAMP! I have different T-tips, but it doesn't really allow me to drip straight to the atty. I always get it stuck inside the mouthpiece! Since I've switched I not had any problems... and they feel GREAT in the lips. I just have a trashcan full of wasted pen parts now... but it was well worth it! :thumbsup:

Is there something particularly special about the design of "drip tips"?

I assumed the part I cannot see (inside) is designed to keep the liquid in. Do you ever get juice in your mouth using the pen grips?

Is there something particularly special about the design of "drip tips"?

I assumed the part I cannot see (inside) is designed to keep the liquid in. Do you ever get juice in your mouth using the pen grips?

The drip tips are designed to allow one to leave on and "direct drip" onto the atty.

They don't have anything to stop the juice because they don't need anything.

Thats part of the problem with the standard tip, it tends to collect the condensation inside the cart and when you take a pull you can be get the liquid in your mouth.

I have found, for me, that I tend to drip on the inside of the tip... and then I get "juiced".

The pen grips have larger openings so that I don't do that... and I never get juiced either.

You should try them ... what do you have to lose, a pen?

I'm currently using one on my eGo/Tornado... I just use a 510 extension so that the atty protuds out of the cone where I can still use a pen grip. See attached. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Dayvape- Thanks for the pics! I've been seeing posts about pen grips, and have been trying to picture what exactly everyone was talking about. One question though- Does the rubber collect lint/dust/hair? I'm picturing that thing Covered in dog hair! :no

Dayvape- Thanks for the pics! I've been seeing posts about pen grips, and have been trying to picture what exactly everyone was talking about. One question though- Does the rubber collect lint/dust/hair? I'm picturing that thing Covered in dog hair! :no

I suppose it would if I carried it in my pocket... but I carry my stuff in a eyeglass case.

And, I have a HAIRY dog and don't have any problems with that part. I just run it under water every once and a while if I start to see anything on it. Works for me. Plus, it's a heck of a lot cheaper than drip tips! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

I'm currently using one on my eGo/Tornado... I just use a 510 extension so that the atty protuds out of the cone where I can still use a pen grip. See attached. :thumbsup:

Whats a 510 extension and where can I get one? I'd like to try this but like ya said, the atty is flush with the eGo's cone. :X

IF you do go with buying a drip tip, I firmly believe that Super T is WAAAAAAY overpriced. 1) the metal one does conduct heat, it o.k. but will get hot. 2) I really like the plastics better, I think they feel better on the mouth and are much less expensive. 3) I have shorts and long and actually prefer the longs to my surprise. I was getting little drops of hot liquid jumping up on my tongue with the shorty, this rarely happens with the longs. It was happening so much with the shorts that I actually had a hard time tasting any e-liquid for a few days.

You can use a pen tip to check it out first, I took a cartridge and drilled a hole in the center, both of these are pretty much the same idea, pen is a bit easier than a drill. You may want to check it out first before deciding to go ahead. I was asked the other day, "What is the best cart mod you ever learned" my answer was "Drip Tip" :rolleyes:

I don't have much problem with missing the hole (let me clarify for the juveniles, the opening of the drip tip!!!) but I do from time to time. I wipe it with a cloth and it works fine. Super T does have the wide mouth options but they really don't help with missing all that much and I surely don't think that is worth the extra 12 dollars for the metal wide mouth.

If you do decide to buy plastic, I will recommend NHaler. That is where I bought mine. These are catching on so you may find other suppliers with them.

Oh yeah, get some cartomizers too, friends don't let friends drip and drive......

I've been using the nickle plated drip tips for a couple days now and not only are they pretty cheap but I feel that they do a good job of keeping the heat down on the atomizer.

I've been using the nickle plated drip tips for a couple days now and not only are they pretty cheap but I feel that they do a good job of keeping the heat down on the atomizer.

Nero,

Where did you get those? That sounds good to me. Are you gonna carry them?

Whats a 510 extension and where can I get one? I'd like to try this but like ya said, the atty is flush with the eGo's cone. :X

Sorry I can't remember where I got mine... but it's so you can charge batteries on the mains chargers, etc. It just has one male 510 fitting and one female 510 on the other end. I may have got them from Totally Wicked.

Yep... http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/tornado-e-ni-accessories/tornado-battery-mains-charger-adaptor-product.html

Edited by DAYVAPE

TW seems to be a good source for 510 accessories, including adapters of all sorts.

Ok I tried a pen grip and the size of the opening just doesn't feel natural to me .. it's HUGE. Back to empty carts for now :-/