Scam !? Http://www.safetecigarette.com/ Scam!?

I appologize about the abrupt topic title, but I really need your help guys. I might have got ripped off and was wondering if anyone has too?

I am new to E-Cigs. My friend at work let me try his 510. I have been smoking 1.5 packs a day for 2 years. I have done SO MUCH RESEARCH my eyes are bleeding. Through the help of you guys I was suggested the Tornado... Ego... 510 on crack... etc. I found http://www.safetecigarette.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30034 and because of all the reassuring banners and pictures that I am getting a good deal, a good warrentee, etc,... I purchased through them. My experience goes as follows.

Sunday 05-09-10 Purchased through ALERTPAY on the website

Monday 05-10-10 Relaxed. Had an analog. Checked bank. 80 dollars taken out. Called twice. Left message once.

Tuesday 05-11-10 Checked email. Still nothing! Called twice. Left message AGAIN mildly frustrated and stated so.

Wednesday 05-12-10 Checked email. STILL NOTHING!!! Got PISSED!!! Had an analog. Calmed down. Sent them email. Got on here. Posted 5 posts in noobie section. Posted this.

dunno - but they appear to be a Chinese reseller and/or a drop shipper. So you may not hear anything from them and/or it may take a while to get it. I noticed someone said the shipping address might be in Fl. Good Luck. Next time stick with the suppliers listed on the site, you'll have a great experience. I think you end up getting it (but what do I know).

Hmmm... they may be having server problems, the link you supplied is taking forever to load (in fact it just timed out). That being said I would definitely recommend sticking to the list of certified suppliers posted here on VT. I'd be pretty upset if I were you too, they took your money fast enough, but now you can't get a response from them, that's bad customer service. Now bad customer service does not always mean it's a scam, a few people have some pretty awful experiences even with the certified suppliers, so sometimes it's just bad luck. Remember that the majority of these online shops are run out of someone's home, and they may or may not have any experience in customer service or running a business at all for that matter. This whole e-cig thing is kind of like the gold rush right now, some people are legitimate, some are just in this for a quick buck before the bottom drops out. Good luck resolving this and be sure to let us know how it all turns out.

Hi Quick. Yes it is a pretty site. I have never dealt with that company nor have I heard of them before. I hope they are just back logged and you will receive an e-mail confirmation shortly. Can you cancel the purchase through your credit card company?

Check out this shipping page from that seller

http://www.safetecigarette.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=21

according to them :

"EMS Express generally takes 4-15 business days to deliver your order to most destinations. USA orders take about 6 business days for delivery"

There are links on that page to track your order as well.

I've never used this company so I can't speak on legitimacy.

I hope this helps some, and by the way, Welcome to VaporTalk. :)

Edited by Phaseman66

It states under their shipping area that it can take up to 25 business days for orders to arrive in the United States. Orders are shipped from Shanghai, China.

This would be for registered air mail. If you got free shipping, more than likely it will come registered air mail. My sister calls this boat mail. (she lives overseas)

Edited by BirdDog

Hi Quick. Yes it is a pretty site. I have never dealt with that company nor have I heard of them before. I hope they are just back logged and you will receive an e-mail confirmation shortly. Can you cancel the purchase through your credit card company?

I used Debit. I can get the money back.. but I want my eGo.... /sniffle. I will wait 2 more days... if I don't hear back... which site you guys suggest? Any? I am not trying to change topic.

I'd like to add in my experience shipping from China via EMS shipping takes approximately 1 week door to door. Hopefully they'll send you a tracking number so you can keep an eye on it, there is always a chance it will get held up in US Customs.

I used Debit. I can get the money back.. but I want my eGo.... /sniffle. I will wait 2 more days... if I don't hear back... which site you guys suggest? Any? I am not trying to change topic.

Check the Certified Suppliers on this site. I know some carry the eGo. Most deliveries take 2-3 days.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/topic/2951-vt-certified-suppliervendor-list/

Edited by jeffb

I'd like to add in my experience shipping from China via EMS shipping takes approximately 1 week door to door. Hopefully they'll send you a tracking number so you can keep an eye on it, there is always a chance it will get held up in US Customs.

Ya, but no email? No phone call...?

If you want to order from a US based supplier check out Vapor Pro (there are many others that sell it too) - /joye-ego-black.html

Also if you were looking to save some money ordering from China Eastmall sells their own version of the eGo (750mAh) - http://www.eastmall.net/product_info.php/cPath/121/products_id/975

I have bought products from Eastmal before and they were very good about sending me confirmation as well as tracking info as soon as my package shipped (1 week door to door)

Ya, but no email? No phone call...?

Dude, I'm not making excuses for them, I said it was bad customer service, I'm just giving you a shipping time frame based on my own personal experience when ordering direct from China.

I almost ordered from that company. But, when I got to the shipment page of the order, I got off the site and went to the VT store. The shipment was WAY to costly to be coming from anywhere in the U.S., and it also said something about up to 25 days to get here.

I'd see if you can cancel the order.

That doesn't strike me as a ripoff; mostly likely as others have said, shipping from China takes a while. Perhaps calling the next day was a bit eager, but I'd think a business that cared about your repeat business would have responded by now. You have two choices; get a refund on your debit card and start over, or wait a few more days to see if the unit arrives (or you get a letter from Customs saying they've taken it from you). And then if you don't receive the unit in a few days I'd get my refund and deal with a known supplier such as those in this forum.

To be honest the site looks legit. Like other people are saying they drop ship, there customer service is just terrible. I'm seen there site linked to before a long time ago so I assume others have had success. Since it's coming from china via EMS it should arrive within two weeks, hopefully. How did you even find that site?

To be honest the site looks legit. Like other people are saying they drop ship, there customer service is just terrible. I'm seen there site linked to before a long time ago so I assume others have had success. Since it's coming from china via EMS it should arrive within two weeks, hopefully. How did you even find that site?

Found it on google. Screw it. I am sticking with you guys... I will be ordering from one of the sites you guys recommended. I am not gonna get the run around like this. Thanks guys. I will update this if it changes.

It is 1:01 AM and I FINALLY got an email from safetecigarette.com

Dear Andrew,

I am refunding your payment on may 17, 2010, when your payment clears. I just tried to refund you, but because your payment is on hold, I am unable to do so at this time.

I don't appreciate the "If you want to throw in something a little extra" comment you added to the order.

I also don't appreciate the threat of "legal actions" TWO days after placing your order, and the day after you left ONE voice mail.

Please take your business elsewhere.

Sincerely,

Alex Townsend

Lemme pick apart this messaged. First off, I never put my payment on hold...? Not sure what he means by that. And about the "If you want to throw in something a little extra" comment I made on the order, I put in the special instructions something to the effect of "This is my first purchase. I am extremely excited. If you want to throw in something a little extra I will gladly review it and post a video." Apparently he took that as a bribe for a good review when in actuality it was nothing more then a friendly suggestive comment. Even if I was stepping over my bounds, which I was not, doesn't justify the bad customer service I received regarding this whole situation. Also, the threat of "legal actions" was completely justified considering I never even received a confirmation that my order went through or that they shipped my product even 4 days after placing it. I left TWO voice mails asking politely if everything was going smooth and wondering why I never received any communication.

He is requesting that I "take my business elsewhere".... I think I will. I will be ordering from a vendor that treats his clients like friends and not just a dollar bill.

I suggest that you please keep this review on the forums to make people aware of safetecigarettes.com

I appreciate all the friendly advice I have gotten on here. I am now a vaportalk.com member FOR LIFE!!! :thumbsup:

LOL - oh well. I have to say you were definitely a little too eager. But its understandable to be excited. People love Eastmall and I've sent them three notes with no response. I think we just expect too much these days with emails, we think we're being ignored when someone just decided to go out for the day (or two). On the plus side, it does not seem to be a rip-off. Payment on hold is probably just a clearing thing with the bank/CC co.

Please remember, the smaller retailers like the ones referred to on this site or it appears the one you dealt with, are a one to few person enterprise. Usually committed to the concept as opposed to the money. And welcome.

Ordered eGo from vaporgalaxy.com from Luke. Ordered it at noon and it was shipped at 2pm! Two hours!!!! AMAZING!!! I smiled and went to work, came back from work in 5 hours and jumped on the chat. Luke was in the chat! Face to face service! Good prices! Nice guy! Thanks Luke!

Ordered eGo from vaporgalaxy.com from Luke. Ordered it at noon and it was shipped at 2pm! Two hours!!!! AMAZING!!! I smiled and went to work, came back from work in 5 hours and jumped on the chat. Luke was in the chat! Face to face service! Good prices! Nice guy! Thanks Luke!

Awesome - like I said, these folks are amazing, CS is great but they are a one to few person enterprise. I was hounding someone over at ecigexpress one time, really only because I wanted something to go on vacation. They came through, I felt bad. Stupid part is I probably could have stopped by in AZ to get it...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines