Diy Flavor Shack Mixing Kit

Jeffb

I recently purchased a "Premium DIY Mixing Kit" from DIY Flavor Shack.

The kit contains the following items:

Kit Includes:

• "A Quick Facts in Mixing"
  • Snap Close Tool Chest With Top Compartments (12" L x 6 1/4" W x 3 1/2" H.)
  • "Nicosorb" Cartridge Filler To Fill Any Model Cartridge
  • ("Nicosorb is 1 bag of Fluval & 1-bag of 100% Poly-Fill (The Right Stuff)
  • 20 ml of PG USP Grade
  • 20 ml of VG USP Grade
  • 4 - 3ml No Nicotine Flavorings of your Choice
  • An Assortment of sizes 6 Drip Bottles 3ml, 6ml ect....
  • Glass dropper bottles (round bottle, dropper insert and screw cap)
  • Glass Assorted sized Vials With Screw Cap
  • Bottles w/tips may come in Assorted Sizes Currently What Is in stock Will be put in
  • 1- Mixing Measuring Cup
  • 1-High quality plastic tweezers / 1 Metal Tweezers
  • 2-Small plastic funnel / 1-Med funnel
  • 3ml Syringe w/27 gauge needle
  • 3cc Syringe with 18 gauge needle
  • 10ml Syringe without needle
  • Pair Of Gloves for Mixing
  • 1 Clear plastic flip-top bottle
  • Flat Spatulas / 2-Spoon Spatulas
  • 1- Long Spatula 3cc Cup for Menthol Crystals
  • 1/4oz. Bag of Menthol Crystals
  • 1-Long Vial with cap
  • 1-Full Length Apron

This kit contains everything I need to mix. Its not listed above, but I also received 30ml of 60mg unflavored e-liquid & 20ml of 50/50 base. Dawn also threw in 2 extra flavorings. I finally used it today and had my first juice mixed ( cotton candy with a hint of coconut pound cake smile.gif ) in a matter of 2 minutes.

There are a couple of things that bother me about the kit:

1.) The kit smells like smoke. Obviously someone smokes that put this kit together. I have talked to another person that has one and they said it stunk like smoke also.

2.) The tool box that it comes in does not look like the picture on the website. The one I received looks like it was bought at a 99 cent store.

Overall my experience with DIY Flavor Shack was good. The site says it usually ships in 3-5 days. I had it on my doorstep on day 3. I would recommend this kit for a beginner mixer like myself.

Edited by jeffb

I got the same kit a couple of months ago. I also ordered 100mg pg from electronicstix. I enjoy mixing my own but really haven't done alot since I first got the kit. I did make some wonderful tangerine flavor though. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I got the same kit a couple of months ago. I also ordered 100mg pg from electronicstix. I enjoy mixing my own but really haven't done alot since I first got the kit. I did make some wonderful tangerine flavor though. :thumbsup:

What is the savings if you mix your own??? Just curious, thanks.

What is the savings if you mix your own??? Just curious, thanks.

Hard question to answer. If you add the cost of the components of a 6ml bottle of eliquid it's about $5 for me. But it costs a hell of a lot up front to get set up for mixing, much like getting set up for vaping. It's a double-edged sword, but many of the components you must buy up front will be used many times before they're exhausted. You have to decide what's the cost of your money being invested in DIY supplies, and whether that is less than the price difference to commercial liquid.

One thing about DIY, and the reason I do it, is that you can completely control how it's mixed. I tweak mine for high voltage, for example, and get better results than the HV liquid I've purchased commercially. I'm slowly figuring out what 'tools' I need to use; syringe is the most important one, since I'm trying to mix to replicable standards.

If you want to be able to replicate that special lucky accident, you have to take copious and detailed notes -- all the time.

Jeff it sounds to me like that kit was worth every penny. I'd love to have a couple little funnels for example, and don't. I hope you'll keep us posted how your mixing goes, and will share your recipes as you develop them. Thanks for a great review.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines