Differennt Draw On Different Devices?

So I'm trying a carto on my indulgece, and the draw is a little restricted, not terrible but definitely a struggle. Switch it over to the spade and its easy peasy. I see a few holes in the side of the indulgence adapter. Maybe more holes or maybe but some notches in the top like the spade has? Actually it seems like if I back the atty off a little bit its definitely better. Suggestions, advice, observations?

So I'm trying a carto on my indulgece, and the draw is a little restricted, not terrible but definitely a struggle. Switch it over to the spade and its easy peasy. I see a few holes in the side of the indulgence adapter. Maybe more holes or maybe but some notches in the top like the spade has? Actually it seems like if I back the atty off a little bit its definitely better. Suggestions, advice, observations?

Hey bro, yea think it has to do with how the adapter is threaded. Sounds like its pulling the atty in to far and your getting blockage of your air holes. Something you want to look at is if there are little cutouts on the rim of the adapter, that allows the atty to be screwed in tightly but at the same time allows air to flow. You can try cutting small circle pieces of paper (or a hole punch and dropping them inside the adapter to shorten up the thread depth. That way you can still screw it in tight but still get airflow.

USE THIS METHOD AT YOUR OWN RISK. Im not responsible if something goes bad with the paper trick, its just the first thing that popped in my head ;)

The first thing that would go wrong is the paper will insulate the connection and make it stop working.Some units are sealed to prevent juice from entering them and others not so much.

I've found the draw on the spade is perfect, but on my VP2 with the 510 adapter it to airy.

I did notice that you get a nice draw with the 302 to 510 adapter on the V3, but haven't tried that adapter on my VP2 yet. I was thinking you could use this adapter with your 801 top on the indulgence and see if it makes a difference.

My link

Maybe tonight I'll get a chance to try all my combos, regular 510s, mega, spade, indulgence (3.7 and 6) on my regular, LR, HV attys and regular cartos and slightly HV cartos. I'll compare draw as well. I have no problem with the indulgence, but when I compared side by side...

Oops - I forgot I got an HV 801 and 901 atty, and I have some (lots) of regular 801s from my JanyStick days.

Edited by FTJoe

The first thing that would go wrong is the paper will insulate the connection and make it stop working.Some units are sealed to prevent juice from entering them and others not so much.

See i told you not to try it!! Just giving ideas ;) Thanks Mcquinn

Here's my test bed:

Attys

TW regular old gold band atty, 2.3-2.3 ohms

TW mega attys

VT (?) lowbridge 801 – 3.2 ohm

ENS soft cap 510 cartos, not received yet (darn)

nhaler 801 4.5 ohm HV Atty, verified

nhaler 901 4.5 ohm HV Atty, verified

nhaler Mega 510 Cartos (soft cap) Silver/Black 3.4 ohm, measured at 2.8-3.0 ohm <-- anyone else get these? Not HV it appears. I'll measure again.

nhaler LR 510 atty – measured at 1.5-1.6 ohms

VaporKings

Hard cap 510 cartos – 3.0 ohms

Ecigsupply – 510 HV atty measured at 5.0 ohm

Devices

Regular 510

Mega 510

Spade

Indulgence (3.7V)

Indulgence (6V)

JantyStick V2 (retired)

Juice:

Top Secret Mix!!!!! (3 parts VT Mentha 0mg, 2 parts Ecopure menthol 0mg, 2-3 parts Johnson Creek Arctic Menthol 0mg). If you can see what is in the parens, please give me your address, you've seen too much!!! ;-)

I'll probably post the results separately, which will be more like the ramblings of a madman because my friend is coming over and I have a nice bottle of Don Julio tequila in reserve.

I can not believe how many attys/cartos I have and 40 cartos are on the way. I am officially insane.

Edited by FTJoe

I figure I'll camp on my own thread. Would someone like to comment on the draw of the Ego or vypr-510 as compared to the spade? I keep going back to the spade as my go to device but want to get it refurbished. In the meantime, I figure I would go ahead and get the Ego or vypr-510. I'm not in any great need of long battery life but this way I figure, with LR attys, I would get a nice consistent voltage to the atty. I see the regular vypr has an adjustable airflow, not the vypr-510 though. I like the size of the spade, trying to keep it in that range. Indulgence is a little too fat for me.

Also, obviously draw is important to me, has anyone else noticed the draw being different some of the LR attys?

I don't have the spade but I do the eGo. Using the new cartos from VT, the draw is HELLA tight, and I don't mean "hella tight" that was cool to say 10 years ago. I mean, it is VERY hard to draw from. The air holes that are with the threading seem to me to be too far down. With a normal atty, I can usually see the holes and they line up against the notches in the atty housing. With these cartos, the hole is below the notches when the atty base makes contact with the batt.

When I remove the cone from the atty, it is VERY good, very nice draw and surprisingly good vapor production. The taste is also very nice. i also noticed that if I had the cone on and I was careful to keep my lips off the end of the cone, it was better but still rather tight. The issue with that method is that there is only 1/2" of the carto sticking out of the cone. Doable but not really comfortable.

I testing this out on some VT cappucino juice and a fully charged eGo batt.

Thanx burn - what the heck is this cone thing and why would it interfere?

By the way, if you have a removable cap on the carto, I think I saw people talking about putting a 510 or 901 tip on there to clear the cone.

FYI - totally wicked selling tornado for $60...while they last. Tough to resist...but I would probably go to VT first.

Looks like the Vypr510 has the same fitting as the Spade... I would think the draw would be the same. Does the Vypr with the 510 fitting have adjustable air flow?

Looks like the Vypr510 has the same fitting as the Spade... I would think the draw would be the same. Does the Vypr with the 510 fitting have adjustable air flow?

I emailed them and the answer is no...bummer. Still curious, trying to find out about the size, not a fan of big rigs unless I'm home.

I emailed them and the answer is no...bummer. Still curious, trying to find out about the size, not a fan of big rigs unless I'm home.

I think it's a little shorter than the VP2, but uses the same battery. I had a pic that shows the VP2 and Spade.

My link

I think it's a little shorter than the VP2, but uses the same battery. I had a pic that shows the VP2 and Spade.

My link

Ouch - too fat but thanx. I think I'll do the ego from VT. And who am I kidding, probably a 5V a few months from now, Joker? I've gone from backups of small 510 batts, to mega batts, to trying to locate a second spade and/or ego while I recondition my original spade waiting on my 8 batteries, etc. I'm thinking the ego will be cool with the 40 cartos I got from ENS. Love the spade and the LR attys. The possible ban issue has me a little freaked and I'm not even hooked anymore.

Almost pulled the trigger on the $60 tornado, but a one month warranty? Still, comes with two attys, 10 carts, not bad. Says only good 5/5 but I think until supplies run out.

Edited by FTJoe