Question About Batteries For Mods

miatafrank

I just got a VP1 and love it. My question is about charging cycles, and not wanting to reduse the life of my batteries. My standard 510 batteries blink and no longer vape when they need charging, but I'm sure they are not 0V when this happens. I just got the VP1 yesterday, so at this point I don't know what the best indicator for the need for a charge is going to be. At this point I'm just assuming that vapor production will fall off, but I know that if I charge without leting them discharge enough that they won't hold a charge for as long. This might seem like I'm freaking out over nothing, but I don't want to damage the batteries right from the get go. Perhaps the real question is will it just stop producing vapor, or will production go down to an annoying point causing me to want to charge them befor it's time?

Hey Frank, You can charge the batteries at any point and it won't hurt them (Li-ion batteries have no memory to be concerned with). You are correct in assuming that you will lose vapor production before they go out but it won't be much of a warning. Be prepared and have a charged battery at the ready and you should be good to go.

They mostly all nowadays have a protective circut board in them that will just turn them off when they reach a certain state of discharge.So basicly you can vape until they quit if you like.The lithium ion batteries do not have a memory effect like nickel camium did so that will not be a problem.After a while you will get to recognize when they not putting out as well as they should .They as a rule are pretty consistant up until the cutoff but most people will tell yuo they can tell ,I suspect they just have an idea how many hours they have on one .

Ok thanks for answering, I won't be concerned about it anymore.

On another note, this VP1 has many advantages that it's my new favorite. Aside from having a long enough battery life to keep me vaping like a fiend, the bright LEDs draw alot of attention. Not everyone will see it as an advantage, but it does help you spread the word. I was at a bar last night, and taking a smoke (er vape) break outside with all the smokers, and when I pulled out the VP1 and started hitting on it, the smokers wanted to talk to me about it. I just happened to have a couple of charged 510s with an atty and loaded cart in my pocket, so I could let them sample it.