How Do I Get A Spade Fixed?

My wife's dad sent me his Spade because it was not working right. When I got it in the mail, I see that its starting to go out. The LED flickers and you can hear it in the "sizzle" sound go from strong to weak when the LED flickers. I bought it for him, so that's why I'm taking care of the reapir on it. Do I send it in to VaporTalk or Vaprlife?

Edited by Tektronik

you send it directly to vaprlife, contact them first (i usually get a reply from them well within 24 hours (sometimes within minutes).

anyhow, send it to vaprlife, with the original order info (regardless of where you got it. if it came from VT or Dietsmokes, then send the order number they gave you).

i had an issue with my Spade as well as my VT PT and they fixed both with basically no questions asked. both times i needed repairs it was less that a week from then i sent it until i got it back.

by they way, the symptoms were the same with my Spade, it turned out to be a center post issue. once returned to me i noticed that the clear ring around the center post was now brass.

i have not had an issue with either unit since.

It needs to get sent to Vaprlife but (IMPORTANT) You need to make sure you contact whoever you purchased it from first. If you purchased it from Vapor Talk you need to contact us for an RMA number. (His order number will need to be sent as well) Vaprlife will not repair units without an RMA number :)

Hey tek - did you make sure there's nothing messing up the atty contact and did you try both batteries in case its the battery? Does dad-in-law have a backup?

When I got in the mail, I cleaned out the atty contact. It was all gunked up, , so I used some denatured alcohol to clean it out. Pulled out a bunch of crap that was in there. I used my own attys and that's when I noticed the flickering LED. Tried different Attys and the same thing happened.

When my dad called me and told me what was happening, I told him to go back to his OEM 510 for a few days. I then went out to the garage and built him a plastic box mod. That afternoon I mailed it out along with two Magnums, (4) 14500 trustfires and a charger and one Delrin drip tip. That should hold him over till i get this fixed. Don't want him to go back to smoking; he doesn't either :thumbup: