Vypr 510

doxzilla

Love it! It was a toss up between this and the eGo/Tornado and I ended up going with this because I wanted to have the convenience of being able to buy normalish batteries. It's basically a Spade with a 14500 battery as opposed to a 10440. Been using it with my 510 to 901 adapter and KR808 cartos while I'm waiting on my 510 cartos; battery life is, as far as I can tell, comparable to other unit using 14500 batteries. I'm expecting to get about 10 hours of moderate to heavy vaping between battery swaps. No complaints about build quality; battery cap and atty/adaptor/cartos screw on without much effort and fit perfectly. I'm sure there's some points that I'm missing, so let me know if you guys have any questions.

post-2486-127049619388_thumb.jpg

post-2486-127049619388_thumb.jpg

Glad to see that you like it! I've had my VP2 for a few months now. After a month of constant, I mean constant, like always vaping, the switch finally started to act wierd. In the end all I had to do was take a small hex driver and adjust the set screw on the opposite side of the switch. Over time, it worked its way loose. Then I found out that regularly cleaning the atomizer connection keeps juice out of the connector and restores the contact with the atomizer or adapter. I clean mine with EVERCLEAR pure grain alcohol. I just put some in one of those little plastic cups that come with cough medicine and dip the connector into it, swirl it around, and use compressed air to dry. Don't get any in the light holes, but even if you did, the alcohol will evaporate quickly. Just don't put your adapters in the alcohol cuz it can eat at the rubber o-rings, use water or vinegar for those. EVERCLEAR also works great for cleaning atomizers. I use one of those snot suckers that you use on a baby's nose, cut the nozzle end to fit an atomizer, and draw everclear through the atty, then squeeze out. Several times and all your juice and residual crap in the atty gets flushed out. Be careful when vaping after cleaning. You have to puff out all the alcohol, don't inhale, but drip your fav juice while doing it. this will re-condition your atty after cleaning. The vape will be HOT, while all the alcohol vaporizes, hot and nasty tasting.

Geez, I dunno where all of that came from, but take my advice if you like! Those VP models are super reliable, low maintenance, and built like a tank. Good luck.

Glad to see that you like it! I've had my VP2 for a few months now. After a month of constant, I mean constant, like always vaping, the switch finally started to act wierd. In the end all I had to do was take a small hex driver and adjust the set screw on the opposite side of the switch. Over time, it worked its way loose. Then I found out that regularly cleaning the atomizer connection keeps juice out of the connector and restores the contact with the atomizer or adapter. I clean mine with EVERCLEAR pure grain alcohol. I just put some in one of those little plastic cups that come with cough medicine and dip the connector into it, swirl it around, and use compressed air to dry. Don't get any in the light holes, but even if you did, the alcohol will evaporate quickly. Just don't put your adapters in the alcohol cuz it can eat at the rubber o-rings, use water or vinegar for those. EVERCLEAR also works great for cleaning atomizers. I use one of those snot suckers that you use on a baby's nose, cut the nozzle end to fit an atomizer, and draw everclear through the atty, then squeeze out. Several times and all your juice and residual crap in the atty gets flushed out. Be careful when vaping after cleaning. You have to puff out all the alcohol, don't inhale, but drip your fav juice while doing it. this will re-condition your atty after cleaning. The vape will be HOT, while all the alcohol vaporizes, hot and nasty tasting.

Geez, I dunno where all of that came from, but take my advice if you like! Those VP models are super reliable, low maintenance, and built like a tank. Good luck.

Thanks for all the info with regards to care and maintenance, especially the tip about the switch!

Glad you like it! I have two Spades and a VP2 and a VP/PT and never had any issues. While I don't see adding a vypr to my collection, I do expect there will be a Joker in my future. :)

Glad you like it! I have two Spades and a VP2 and a VP/PT and never had any issues. While I don't see adding a vypr to my collection, I do expect there will be a Joker in my future. :)

If I ever decide to get a 5v kit, I'll probably get one made by these guys.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines