Cleaning Atomizers

CroResident

I clean my attys anytime I want to get rid of a juice flavor on that atty. Usually around 2-4 weeks at the most. I only use distilled water to clean them, just boil a pot and rinse each one out a few (or ten) times each, then blow them out with compressed air and let it dry out overnight. Be sure to prime them up with juice really well before using them again.

Some people do have decent experience cleaning attys, but I'm not one of them. When they stop performing I get out a new one. Yes, attys are disposable.

You didn't ask, but in my opinion you're always best off buying Joye atomizers, they are much more consistent than knockoffs and tend to last longer.

For some, cleaning does bring the atomizer back to life. I usually just blow mine out every couple of days to keep them somewhat clean. Once they start to die, I just pony up the extra $10 and get a new one.

once time mine started like heating up a good bit

i didnt no what else to do so i cleaned it and it stopped '

i noticed it was getting a little bit warmer than normal

once i cleaned all the build up off, it was back to normal

i guess you could say it was suffocating

I have never thoroughly cleaned an attomizer. It seems so many people go overboard with cleaning the attys-boiling, chemicals, alcholol-and freq. I read where the atty dies anyway. I am still using my original 510 atty that came with my first kit last November. After I use several flavors-esp dark liquids, I simply blow them out onto a papertowel and then use the towell to dab the juice out inside the atty. I have never lost an atty yet. My leave it alone till its sick approach has worked best for me and mine.

I was wondering what the best an safest way to clean my atomizer is

how often should i clean it

ive seen a bunch of videos on youtube on what to do an what to use an what not but i thought id here it from the pros first haha

you can try this it has worked for me

Boil some water in the microwave and dropp in the atties. swirl them around a little to get them completely wet. after about 5 mins drain and do it again. then once more. after blowing them out put them in the oven after cooking dinner, with the door open to dry them come back and apply a couple drops on the bridge. chances are you will get the best flavour and vapour than I've ever had. but with everything it is all trial and error nothing in life is certain

just coz it worked for me dont mean it will work for everyone

so this is another method i have heard of

If you atty is all gunged up and wont clean easy you can try an ultrasonic cleaner but the cheapest way is just trow your dead atomisers in water with a couple Efferdent tablets you will see all the gunk rise to the top of the foam follow the cleaning with a good hot water rinse. No problems, no aftertaste, a cleans them well dry in which ever method you like either leaving over night in a hot place OR the dry burn method.

hope this helps

PS I would only clean my atty if it has stopped working that way you got nothing to loose

Edited by JimmyBat

Cleaned my first atty the other day since it was getting hard to draw from. The VG liquid I used seemed to hang around in it and gave it a lingering taste of the last flavor.

I just put a little vodka in a glass and let the atty soak for about 20 minutes. I would come by every 5 minutes or so and swish it around in the glass with tweesers.

After the vodka soak I rinsed it out with distilled water that I heated in the microwave. Then blew out the atty several times to clear any water still in it. Dried it off and let it sit in my bedroom window for a day getting baked in the sun. Did a short dry burn to make sure things were good and it was in fact dry.

Gave it about 2 drops of liquid on the bridge and let it soak down then fired it up with a fresh cart. Works like new and tastes great.

Edited by Sivlar

VG is rough. But most of the time, if you just blow it out when the draw is getting tough, paper towel in there to finish the job...its good. Best is to let atty drain overnight standing up but I never remember.

I was wondering what the best an safest way to clean my atomizer is

how often should i clean it

ive seen a bunch of videos on youtube on what to do an what to use an what not but i thought id here it from the pros first haha

Check the threads of the atty and battery and clean them when they build up with gunk.

Maybe people think their atomizer is dead when actually it may just be flooded.

If you blow all the liquid out of the atomizer over a sink (with your mouth) and then vape without inhaling until it is dry you can reprime it with a few drops on the wick and it should work like new.

• 4 weeks later...

Check the threads of the atty and battery and clean them when they build up with gunk.

Maybe people think their atomizer is dead when actually it may just be flooded.

If you blow all the liquid out of the atomizer over a sink (with your mouth) and then vape without inhaling until it is dry you can reprime it with a few drops on the wick and it should work like new.

Hello everyone! Was wondering if I could ask some advice. I've heard people mention "priming" or "repriming" their attys after cleaning. I am unsure of the proper way to do this so as to avoid flooding the atty, and when is it OK to vape again? I've heard you can burn your atty out if you don't do this, and I fear I may have done just that! I am using a 510 atty on a VT Spade. Any advice would be appreciated!

Joe

Hello everyone! Was wondering if I could ask some advice. I've heard people mention "priming" or "repriming" their attys after cleaning. I am unsure of the proper way to do this so as to avoid flooding the atty, and when is it OK to vape again? I've heard you can burn your atty out if you don't do this, and I fear I may have done just that! I am using a 510 atty on a VT Spade. Any advice would be appreciated!

Joe

Prime with 2-3 drops, lightly blow out then drip like you normally would. I've tried this a couple times and it's worked.

I also find that blowing out works well, if I am changing flavors I just blow it out and then twist 2 ends of a paper towel, one end I stick in the little hole, you would be amazed how much more liquid is in there, and the other I stick "carefully" in the other end and let it sit. Then just prime it up with a few drops and vape on.

I tend to use them till they croak but when I am changing flavors or every couple of days or so, I will run the atty under the steam despenser of an expresso/cappucino machine. Its quick, easy and utilizes water, heat and pressure.

To be honest, if $10 for an atty seems steep why not get 5 cartomizers for $10? The ones I just received from the VT store really suprised me wiht their quality.

I tend to use them till they croak but when I am changing flavors or every couple of days or so, I will run the atty under the steam despenser of an expresso/cappucino machine. Its quick, easy and utilizes water, heat and pressure.

To be honest, if $10 for an atty seems steep why not get 5 cartomizers for $10? The ones I just received from the VT store really suprised me wiht their quality.

They were hard caps or soft?

sorry for slow response, they are softies and pop right off with a minor amount of encouragement.

Thanx Will get me some to add to my 40 ENS ones when the 0mg Dulcis comes in. They can ban all they want when I'm done.

I also like to use coke and soak them in them for about 20 mins then wash with hot water seems to work great. also even to clean adapters that have juice build up this works super well good luck all.

I did the coke and soak recently to a 510 atty that I had because It was not vaping as well as it should have

(was only 2 days old) and probably would have worked out for me... except I already had a bunk atty haha.

But yea, I've been hearing some talk about the whole 'using coke' and more than a few positives remarks, which is pretty cool.

Check this stuff out!

http://www.e-cigreview.com/distribution/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=417

Another great find!

I was sold half way through the post and ordered a bucket of the stuff. It makes sense to me but I must admit this week cleaning atties has been this weeks personal obsession and I found myself on the same logical path. I just didnt get to the popcorn bucket yet.

After all, Nic juice is really very similar to food. I believe that the VG and flavorings have a similar molecular setup as food/sugar. After looking at an atty under a powerful loupe, i realized this looks very close to a burnt substance similar to sugar/syrups and even vegetable oils. So, how do you clean those? All the obvious answers 1) require scrubbing after prepping and 2) arent items you want to risk inhaling. (high voltage easy-off oven cleaner vape, anyone????)

The theory I came up with today was to use the heat approach. How do you clean the burnt drippings in your oven? If you have an oven with self cleaning, you hit it with such extreme heat, it turns the carbon into dust, essentially. i was going to stick a nasty atty or 2 into the oven to see if that will break up the burned on sludge. In fact, I am still going to do it and see if that is possible but it does look like the promised land may be a few days of UPS Ground shipping away.

All the crazy **** that has showed up at my house this past month, I am going to have to find something creative to explain to the wife. :doctor:

Edited by Burn