510 Cartomizers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been using them for when I'm driving and they work very well. I'm quite pleased... the first one I used lasted about 10 hours. They work very good at 5v also. I've used the KR808 cartomizers before and IMO, the 510 carto's work much better. For me, this is the answer to when I can't drip. No more cart filler for me - EVER!

There are a few other thread on the 510 cartomizer - you'll find lots of info and opinions in them. :)

I've been using them for when I'm driving and they work very well. I'm quite pleased... the first one I used lasted about 10 hours. They work very good at 5v also. I've used the KR808 cartomizers before and IMO, the 510 carto's work much better. For me, this is the answer to when I can't drip. No more cart filler for me - EVER!

There are a few other thread on the 510 cartomizer - you'll find lots of info and opinions in them. :)

:unsure: Brian, how do I get to other thread?

Which version of the KR808 cartomizers, did they have the weird wire running up through the center of them? Those are the ones that I'm using and they're working out fine for me.

Which version of the KR808 cartomizers, did they have the weird wire running up through the center of them? Those are the ones that I'm using and they're working out fine for me.

IDK - they were from vapor4life. I had prefilled and blanks that I filled myself. Self filled work a little better, but not much. For me, I got juiced often, not very good vapor production, and I seemed to only get a few good drags and would have to let it set for a while. I know there are a lot of people who use them and love them, but they didn't work out for me.

The 510 cato's worked great for me though. They work very well at 3.7v and 5v.

FTJoe - thanks for posting the links.

IDK - they were from vapor4life. I had prefilled and blanks that I filled myself. Self filled work a little better, but not much. For me, I got juiced often, not very good vapor production, and I seemed to only get a few good drags and would have to let it set for a while. I know there are a lot of people who use them and love them, but they didn't work out for me.

The 510 cato's worked great for me though. They work very well at 3.7v and 5v.

FTJoe - thanks for posting the links.

Weird... I got mine from AltSmoke and they have the aforementioned wire running up the center. They can hold a ton of fluid, hit like a champ every time and I never got juiced unless I really pushed the capacity limit; we're talking like ~40+ drops to get juiced.

I have been using the Kr8 cartomizers for a while now. I love cartomizers for driving and when dripping would be inconvenient.

I got my first 510 cartomziers almost a month ago. I ordered the smaller foam covered ones. They didn't hold much liquid but they worked beautifully! Shortly after I found the larger hard ones. They hold lots of liquid and also work beautifully!

I didn't expect there to be so much difference between the Kr8 ones and the 510 ones but there is. In fairness the Kr8 ones are in transition now as many 'premium' models are coming to the marketplace so my preference could change.

This is a great time of evolution for PVs. I can hardly wait to see what is next! :)

Oh geez! I used one of my 510 cartos last night for about an hour, and this morning so far for about 2hrs.

Everything I've heard about them is totally true. These things are incredible!

Vapor production like a normal 510 and flavor almost like a KR808 cartomizer. The throat hit is tame compared to a normal 510, but that's no issue for me b/c I chase flavor and vapor.

I'm not sure how long it will last, but I got 23 drops of VG juice in it before it started to overflow (used the condom-fill-method). That's a lot! And even more than the few KR808s that I've filled (those averaged 15-19 of the same juice).

If they ever make a 510 cartomizer PCC that's like the KR808 PCC, then I'll betchya this will be the new wave in the PV world. Seriously. In fact if I can find a dedicated 510 cartomizer PCC (that's not all sharp and pointy like the regular 510 PCC) I'd buy one right now.

EDIT: Wonder if the 510 battery with a 510-901/KR808 adapter would fit properly in the KR808 PCC. Hmmmm.....

Edited by Brandon

EDIT: Wonder if the 510 battery with a 510-901/KR808 adapter would fit properly in the KR808 PCC. Hmmmm.....

Was wondering the same thing after reading your post. Or how hard it would be co change the connector on the KR PCC.

Glad you like the carto's. :thumbsup:

Or how hard it would be co change the connector on the KR PCC.

Hmmmm.... :)

Brian, your idea got the OCD juices flowing so I took some measurements (and since it's easter sunday, I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs "at work") and looked up some tech specs online for some of the missing holes that I can't actually measure:

510 Cartomizer Specs:

Body Length 35.5mm

Thread Length 4.5mm

Overall Length 40.0mm

Overall with both end caps 44.0mm

Diameter 9.3mm (taken else-where; not measurd myself, but it looks accurate)

Resistance (new, dry unit) 6.0ohms???

Resistance (wet, slightly used) 3.7ohms

510 Battery (regular) Length 65.0mm

KR808 Cartomizer Specs:

Body Length 34.5mm

Overall Length with both end caps 38.0mm

Diameter 9.5mm (taken else-where; not measurd myself, but it looks accurate)

Resistance (new, dry unit) 3.4ohms

Resistance (wet, very used) 3.4ohms

KR808 Battery (regular) Length 84.3mm (derived measurement; i don't actually have one to measure)

From pics I've seen of the KR808s PCC, changing the battery thread to a 510 looks doable but very difficult. Fitting the 510 cartomizers into the KR808 cartomizer sockets may be doable too. Eyeballing the best picture I could find, it seems as though there is an extra 2-3mm in length of "wiggle" room for the KR808 carts in there little slots. So a 510 carto without the end caps may actually fit!

I'm not sure if I'm up to the task of trying to mod that battery thread, but considering the fact that a 510 battery looks to be almost 20mm shorter than a KR808 battery, there should be enough room for error!

Unit width measurements, and derived measurements taken and calculated from:

http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?ref=froogle&ad=975&variationid=975&id=24#183

and

http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=31

Good pic of a KR808 PCC in use:

http://www.electronicstix.com/images/DSC00048.jpg

P.S. That 6.0ohm measurement of the 510 carto (dry and unused) is a little worrisome. But perhaps that normal. I didn't want to take anymore of them out of the sealed air-tight plastic wrap to measure another, so for now I'll stick with that b/c I checked and rechecked it several times.

EDIT: I just now started getting a burnt taste, so I decided to refill. I added 18drops and run time for this first carto has been a SOLID 5hrs. That's like 5hrs of chain vaping. If you weren't chain-vaping, I can see this thing lasting 8hrs+ if you use it as you would an analog cigarette (taking smoke breaks).

Edited by Brandon

I've got mine in front of me. If you take the plug out of the carto, it's a very tight squeeze with both covers on. With the plug out and the endcap removed, it's a perfect fit with both covers on. There's plenty of room for the battery, just need to make sure the adapter is short enough, but there's a lot of room.

I was getting 2.8 ohm on my carto's.

Edited by Brian

I've got mine in front of me.

LOL! :)

I should have known you'd have one! Can you fully tighten down the battery into the charging slot and measure how much room is left at the end?

In the mean time, I'll be looking around for battery-battery adapters. Would be cool to be able to use an adapter instead of having to dismantle it, rip out the 808 threads, and try to solder in a 510 thread.

LOL! :)

I should have known you'd have one!

Got the full kits from V4L for my wife... pretty must wasted money there as it was hardly used. Still, good back up. :)

Indyvaporshop has a 901/510 adapter. Wouldn't you want a 901 atty to 510 battery adapter? Yes, the battery lays flat in the case with no problem. You're not goign to belive this, but I can't find a ruler!!!

My link

Ok - you got 26mm. That would be just for the body of the adapter since the threaded parts screw into the connector and battery.

Edited by Brian

Ok Brian, for some reason my brain is not working right today. If a 510battery to 901/808 atomizer connector will work, then I'm all set! I actually bought 4 of them (2 from 2 different sites) so I could run my KR808 carto on my 510 batteries.

Once screwed down onto the 510battery, the adapter adds an extra 8mm in length. And on a sidenote, I have one 510mega battery, which measures in at about 90.5mm in length (98.5mm with the adapter). Think a 510mega battery would fit too?

With the KR battery screwed in, you've only got about 6 mm of free space, so I don't think the Mega batt will work. But I think you have the right adapter already.

Have you tried the carto's on the regular batteries? Keep in mind that the regular batteries only put out 3.1v so you may not get the same results with the carto on regular 510 batteries.

Oh sweet, thanks Brian! Yup, plenty of room for a 510 battery plus adapter.

Have you tried the carto's on the regular batteries?

Yup, I tested them out last night on a regular battery and also a mega battery this morning. They vape great. Not as good as on the VP PT of course, but still fantastic.

I'll be taking a trip over to ******** this afternoon. ***** has the KR808 PCC on sale :)

Thanks so much Brian!

EDIT: I edited my post to exclude the vendor name. Sorry, but I don't like to get too specific. Plus, I found someone else that has them cheaper.

Edited by Brandon

Okay, so is anyone having issues with their 510 cartos on their BB or any other mod?

I have trouble making full contact on my BB. I have to tighten the carto down to a very uncomfortably-tight level for it to make contact and fire. It works fine on my standard (and mega) 510 batteries, but something's going on with my BB. Perhaps these cartos fit differently since the threads are not 'gold' plated, and the center post is of a completely different design. It's not that the center pole is loose, or out of position like I've had with one of my regular 510 attys. In fact, the center pole is solid as a stone.

Okay, so is anyone having issues with their 510 cartos on their BB or any other mod?

Works fine on the SB. I've also used them on the Space, VP2 and VP/PT with no prob.

Okay i figured out the problem. I tried a couple other regular 510 attys on the BB and they were all misfiring or just giving basically *zero* production. Measured the voltage from the battery terminals (came out to 4.21v) and then from the BB's atty terminals (came out to 3.11v) so I started freaking out thinking the button was about to die.

Turns out the spring and positive battery terminal on the inside were dirty. Cleaned them both very well and it's working like a champ again.

The 510 cartos don't actually fit on my BB like a normal 510, but once you lock them down well it all works out ok. It's just a little harder to line up the threads and get them to lock together.

Besides that, everything is super sweet.

I've only tried the condom filling method, which is used the same as the condom method for KR808s. But when full, I also put both end caps on and let them sit for 1/2hr. Otherwise, I get juiced.

I think Sarge posted in another thread about dripping directly into the bottom hole (on the battery threads). I've not tried that, but it could be easier or less messy?

I'm on my 3rd refill of one right now. The first fill is fantastic (I bought blanks; not prefilled ones), but for the 2nd and later refills the vapor production is very poor for the first 10-25 drags. But after that initial breakin period, it's fantastic again.

I filled a second one for my sister-in-law with some PG juice (Essence from ELiquid planet) and it leaked quite a bit after filling. I suppose that's b/c I overfilled it and also that PG liquid is much thinner than the VG that I normally use.

EDIT: Now that I'm back on my BB instead of strictly on the VP PT, I'm thinking the 510 cartos may taste better at a lower voltage.... Or perhaps it's just this juice. Hard to tell, but they're fantastic on either.

Edited by Brandon

I've only tried the condom filling method, which is used the same as the condom method for KR808s. But when full, I also put both end caps on and let them sit for 1/2hr. Otherwise, I get juiced.

I think Sarge posted in another thread about dripping directly into the bottom hole (on the battery threads). I've not tried that, but it could be easier or less messy?

I'm on my 3rd refill of one right now. The first fill is fantastic (I bought blanks; not prefilled ones), but for the 2nd and later refills the vapor production is very poor for the first 10-25 drags. But after that initial breakin period, it's fantastic again.

I filled a second one for my sister-in-law with some PG juice (Essence from ELiquid planet) and it leaked quite a bit after filling. I suppose that's b/c I overfilled it and also that PG liquid is much thinner than the VG that I normally use.

EDIT: Now that I'm back on my BB instead of strictly on the VP PT, I'm thinking the 510 cartos may taste better at a lower voltage.... Or perhaps it's just this juice. Hard to tell, but they're fantastic on either.

If it's messy refilling then your doing it the wrong way. I have kinda refined my carto-condom refill method for these specific cartomizers. I fill the condom 3/4+ with liquid. I push the condom on the battery end a little over halfway. Then I give the combo a couple of quick "thermometer whips" (holding the carto by the mouthpiece end). That is essentially a "quick and dirty, poor-mans Taryn spin). Then I push the condom the rest of the way on.

So far.. this has worked quite well for me. :thumbsup: