Vaping On An Airplane

Originally I am from San Diego, I attend Humboldt State University and I travel between the two quite often. Many of the times I am taking an airplane to my destination and airplane ride definitely calls for a vape! Most of the time I am subtle about my vaping in cautious, public places (an airplane being pretty high on that list). It was suprising to find only the people in my immediate premises (sitting right next to me) ask or even give an attentive look at me. I'm sure plenty more people notice my presense of smokelike substance production that I am unaware of, but they do not bother the situation, and I have yet to alert a flight attendant :shiftyninja:

I have vaped on five airplanes now (I'm not trying to make a high score :X lol)... At first, I felt more nervous than ever to use my e cig publicly on an airplane, but I did it anyway and naturally, all the anxiety dissipated. Although an airplane should essentially be no different than any other public place, it holds its own level of notoriety that does not go unnoticed.

Also the vaping stays at a minimal level on the airplane for me... < 20 hits on a 3.5 hour trip. I'll go through about a cartridge or a drip session on the airplane.

Who else vapes or has vaped on an airplane? And how did it make you feel?

I'm not bold enough to do this unless I keep the hit inside my lungs and don't exhale. When traveling I don't want the unnecessary attention of blowing vapor all over the place!

I'm not bold enough to do this unless I keep the hit inside my lungs and don't exhale. When traveling I don't want the unnecessary attention of blowing vapor all over the place!

Not that I necessarily want the attention, I am analyzing how people react to the situation in general. You can distinguish a good deal of knowledge about human interactions based on how people react to a publicly displayed PV, regarless of the location. I find it is less likely for an adult (30+) to approach me about my PV over a younger (18+) person (yes there are many possible reasons). I am constantly around people closer to my age (18-25) most of the time due to college, but these observations have taken place in locations such as: Airports, bus stations, train stations, 3 Cal State universities, and shopping malls. I feel they are well rounded with a diverse group of ages and ethnicities.

I have no experience here b/c I don't fly.

But, there's a member on the ECF by the name of RIAFlight25 who happens to be an international flight attendant and vapes. In fact, his avatar is a picture of him pointing to a no-smoking sign in the plane while vaping.

I passed his name along to Scott from VaporCast as they mentioned in one episode that they'd like to talk to someone in the airline industry about vaping. If you're a member of the ECF, perhaps he could give you some more info.