Anyone Try This As A Filler?

Sivlar

Has anyone tried this yet?

http://forum.perfectelectroniccigarette.com/best-filler-yet-blows-blue-foam-away-t614.html

I am looking for different options, since the cartridge life seems to suck no matter what you use as a filler. I've tried fluval and PTB's but both seem to not give you more than 12 drags before going dry. Even after the 6 drags or so they both taste like crap (my guess is some of the filler is getting atomized) I find myself DD'ing a lot at home but it's a pain to constantly keep dripping on the atomizer all the time and it's not really an option at work.

This screen mod seems interesting. I might have to get some pipe screens from the Tobacco shop up at Union Station after work and give it a shot. Just wanted to see if anyone else has ever given this a go.

Edited by Sivlar

I've not tried that. But I do vaguely recall reading about it on the ECF awhile back. There is a guy on there that actually works for Janty doing R&D and he posted some videos of chainvaping using a filler similar to that. It required a slight re-design of the cart itself, but the results seemed pretty amazing. So I'll betchya something like this will be commercial within a few months.

It sounds pretty interesting, but I've just not worked up the courage to try that yet.

I've not tried that. But I do vaguely recall reading about it on the ECF awhile back. There is a guy on there that actually works for Janty doing R&D and he posted some videos of chainvaping using a filler similar to that. It required a slight re-design of the cart itself, but the results seemed pretty amazing. So I'll betchya something like this will be commercial within a few months.

It sounds pretty interesting, but I've just not worked up the courage to try that yet.

I really got to do something. I am getting extremly frustrated with these cartridges. They don't seem to last more than 6-10 drags then go dry at the top, leaving me with a real nasty metal taste.

Fluval seems a little better than the stock filler but still sucks.

PTB are a little better but still suck. I end up with the top half dry and the bottom half still wet.

Any other ideas out there for a good filler to use that lasts more than 1 ciggy worth of drags?

I have found everything sucks but the stuff that comes with them. I bought the fluval stuff and we used it once and found that sometimes after like 4 hits it taste horrible. I am sorry to say that the only thing we do is direct drip. I hope u find something greast if u do let me know. I am glad to see this though it seems everyone is always talking about how good fluval is I thought we were just picky!

Most of the fillers are made of plastic.If you use high voltages ,melting and crusting over can be a problem.Some of the problem I believe has to do with the atties,I don't think they are wicking from carts like they used to.They all work fine for dripping but when it comes to carting they are a pain.For the moment Iam using DSE 901's as they seem to work the best for carting.I prefer the 801 LB's and I am looking for a good'eren.

Can't believe I didn't think of it before, but if you're willing to change your atomizer and drop just a little more cash, you may want to check out the 510 cartomizers. Supposedly they give you the capacity, longevity, and flavor of a cartomizer but with the vapor production and throat hit of a 510 atomizer (and they work with all 510 batteries and connectors).

I've got some on order that will hopefully arrive in a couple days. I'll try to remember to add some comments here about them, but there are already some on this forum, specifically from Brian (and a few others I can't remember; sorry folks!).

Beyond that, really I only used carts for about the first 2 days when I started vaping. Switched to direct dripping pretty quick, but at the same time I know it's not for everyone b/c it's not necessarily very convenient at times.

Sorry I wish I could give more advice.

Hi there im also looking for new ways to get more out of my 510, ive noticed that if i use a tiny bit of polyfil right at the tip of a 510 cart just touching the atomizor wick , its like creating a void at the back of the cart where you load all the e-juice. its been working for me . of i make the wade of polyfil into a really tight wade in my palm and then i fluff it up to fit the cart . it should be around 2/3rd the size of the cart when you compact it then fluff a bit.try it might help

Can't believe I didn't think of it before, but if you're willing to change your atomizer and drop just a little more cash, you may want to check out the 510 cartomizers. Supposedly they give you the capacity, longevity, and flavor of a cartomizer but with the vapor production and throat hit of a 510 atomizer (and they work with all 510 batteries and connectors).

I've got some on order that will hopefully arrive in a couple days. I'll try to remember to add some comments here about them, but there are already some on this forum, specifically from Brian (and a few others I can't remember; sorry folks!).

Beyond that, really I only used carts for about the first 2 days when I started vaping. Switched to direct dripping pretty quick, but at the same time I know it's not for everyone b/c it's not necessarily very convenient at times.

Sorry I wish I could give more advice.

Not trying to hijack, but let me know how those 510 cartomizers work out for you. Right now, I'm running a 510 to 901 adapter with 808 cartomizers and I'm really digging them, but if I can get 510 atty performance with cartomizer convenience, I'm all for it.

I really got to do something. I am getting extremly frustrated with these cartridges. They don't seem to last more than 6-10 drags then go dry at the top, leaving me with a real nasty metal taste.

Fluval seems a little better than the stock filler but still sucks.

PTB are a little better but still suck. I end up with the top half dry and the bottom half still wet.

Any other ideas out there for a good filler to use that lasts more than 1 ciggy worth of drags?

Just to get this back on track. I'm not a big fan of the fluval filler or stock filler, seems to burn up when chain vaping and not paying attention. The PTB is ok if you fiddle around and hack the crap out of it to suit your needs. So my suggestion would be the blue foam filler. I've been using some that I got to great success. It holds the juice fine and you don't get the burnt taste. Just make sure you have a paper clip or tooth pick to work the air bubbles out to get a cart to full capacity, but don't over fill. I have been over zealous with seeing how much it could hold and vape which resulted in juice in my mouth, but that was user error/learning curve. Hope this helps.

Just to get this back on track. I'm not a big fan of the fluval filler or stock filler, seems to burn up when chain vaping and not paying attention. The PTB is ok if you fiddle around and hack the crap out of it to suit your needs. So my suggestion would be the blue foam filler. I've been using some that I got to great success. It holds the juice fine and you don't get the burnt taste. Just make sure you have a paper clip or tooth pick to work the air bubbles out to get a cart to full capacity, but don't over fill. I have been over zealous with seeing how much it could hold and vape which resulted in juice in my mouth, but that was user error/learning curve. Hope this helps.

I agree, for the last 3 months I have been experimenting with fillers and so far the blue foam works the best for me.PTB work okay but are too much trouble this i quick easy and washable as well. I have also over filled. Yuck

I agree, for the last 3 months I have been experimenting with fillers and so far the blue foam works the best for me.PTB work okay but are too much trouble this i quick easy and washable as well. I have also over filled. Yuck

same here, I liked the PTBs but ended up direct dripping

I finally tried the screens, they are messy, leak alot and a pain to refill.

So then I went and got some blue foam from Petsmart. I was using the 1/2 inch plug method to fit it. It just doesn't wick worth a damn. I can never get any good amount of vapor production and just end up overheating the atty. Fluval wicks way better but just doesn't hold enough juice. If anyone has some tips on how to make the blue foam wick better I'd be set since it holds a ton of juice.

I guess I will have to wait until someone designs a cart that works like the cartomizers. I drip from time to time but it's also is pain in the *** and not convenient at work or on the road. Not to mention it looks real sketchy doing it in public and people look at you really funny like you're doing drugs or something.

Has anyone tried this yet?

http://forum.perfectelectroniccigarette.com/best-filler-yet-blows-blue-foam-away-t614.html

I am looking for different options, since the cartridge life seems to suck no matter what you use as a filler. I've tried fluval and PTB's but both seem to not give you more than 12 drags before going dry. Even after the 6 drags or so they both taste like crap (my guess is some of the filler is getting atomized) I find myself DD'ing a lot at home but it's a pain to constantly keep dripping on the atomizer all the time and it's not really an option at work.

This screen mod seems interesting. I might have to get some pipe screens from the Tobacco shop up at Union Station after work and give it a shot. Just wanted to see if anyone else has ever given this a go.

lol That is my post. I didn't realize people lurked on other forums.. HAHA I feel famous.

I still highly recommend the blue foam. You just have to make sure it is washed and rinsed before you use it.

1/2 to 3/4 inch long, folded in half, and stuck into an almost full cart.

After messing with different cuts of foam I finally got it to wick well. Just one problem. It tastes like crap. I've washed it, ran it through the dishwasher, and rinsed it. No matter what I do though every drag tastes like plastic or some kind chemical. The foam doesn't seem to be burning or anything, I'm not using a HV device.

Any suggestions? Does anyone else have this problem?

After messing with different cuts of foam I finally got it to wick well. Just one problem. It tastes like crap. I've washed it, ran it through the dishwasher, and rinsed it. No matter what I do though every drag tastes like plastic or some kind chemical. The foam doesn't seem to be burning or anything, I'm not using a HV device.

Any suggestions? Does anyone else have this problem?

You could be melting a cartridge if you are tasting plastic, sometimes if they melt you have a very good atomizer and they need to be aligned properly. The rectangle end of the cartridge should be lined up with the rectangle piece inside the atomizer. Lining them up the same way will keep it from melting. The chemical taste could be factory primer in the atomizer. It is usually best to blow them out, even when new, over a sink. Get all of the chemicals out and then vape the atomizer without inhaling for a minute. Drip 2 drops directly onto the wick of the the atomizer and try it again. The only time I have found the blue foam tasting bad is if you do not wash it in the first place or rinse it enough. It is also not 100% impossible that you may simply just have crappy juice. When the cartridge runs low of juice, it will also start to taste bad when using the blue foam, until you refill it.

If you can't get it down the silver screen mod works well.

That or just dripping.

I finally tried the screens, they are messy, leak alot and a pain to refill.

So then I went and got some blue foam from Petsmart. I was using the 1/2 inch plug method to fit it. It just doesn't wick worth a damn. I can never get any good amount of vapor production and just end up overheating the atty. Fluval wicks way better but just doesn't hold enough juice. If anyone has some tips on how to make the blue foam wick better I'd be set since it holds a ton of juice.

I guess I will have to wait until someone designs a cart that works like the cartomizers. I drip from time to time but it's also is pain in the *** and not convenient at work or on the road. Not to mention it looks real sketchy doing it in public and people look at you really funny like you're doing drugs or something.

I use a variation of the plug with the blue foam filler. I combined the pen spring auto drip mod and the blue foam plug. Instead of packing blue foam in to hold it in place the spring stops it so the foam isn't compressed making wicking easier. I get around 60 4 sec puffs.

It should wick fine.

It might work better if you "dunk" the foam into the liquid in the cart. If it is saturated, it may work better. I cut mine the same width as the cartridge. Folded my 1/2 inch piece in half, dunked it, pulled it out to add more liquid to the cartridge since the blue foam soaks up a bunch, stuck it back in and vaped away. If it doesn't wick well it is most likely too thick or too long. You only need a small piece to "plug" the juice filled cart.

It can be a pain for many, but once you figure it out it usually satisfies most users.

I wouldn't have recommended it after trying all those types of filters if I didn't believe in it.

It really does a great job if you can figure it out.

I had a video around somewhere on an old youtube account.

I use a blue foam plug and it's the best thing I've used by far! but I cut it to the width of the cart then cut about a quarter from the length, fill the cart with about 12 drops fold the blue foam in half, stick it in the top with the fold side out drop 2 more drops on that and enjoy! I haven't counted how many drags I get but I find myself only filling 2-3 times a (Regular) day. Never had a leak and it uses every last bit....

Fluval works fine either blue or white, as well as the original filler. With Fluval it's best to make a plug as opposed to filling the cart. Be sure and saturate it with eliquid. and keep it moist. If you are using original filling, cut in half on first refill. It will vape better. Secret to fluval is not too much and keep it moist.

The best blue foam I have found is from strictly ejuice. price is right and free shipping. I have been using it for a couple months and I love it. Fluval does make a simalar texture (can't remember which number right now).

I have tried so many different mods and this foam works the best. I don't drip or top the carts near as often.

I fill the cart with about 12 drops, push the foam into the liquid to saturate, add another drop or two, pull the foam back to the top of the cart and vape. I can usually vape for at least a couple hours on one cart.

http://strictlyejuice.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67_49&products_id=222

I finally got the blue foam to work pretty well...with VG juice. It doesn't seem to do well with the PG juices I have for some reason. I can vape for hours on one cart of VG with the foam.

I did find something much better though. I bought some of the ZFM Carts from Scottyballs and those work great with both PG and VG. I just use the hole cut tips for VG and the H cut for PG. Those things are amazing, great flavor, no filler, no leaking, no burnt taste, and no wasted liquid. Best cart mod to date hands down.

I think I am going to stick with the ZFM until someone can design a cart that works like the cartomizers.