510 Cartridge Filler

LarryFine

I received some cartridges with poly-fill and e-liquid in them when I purchased the 510. I have just tried re-filling the poly-fill with other liquid.

That seems to work fine so far. But, why then do people use tea bags? Does the poly-fill eventually wear out or disappear from vaping?

How long can you expect the poly-fill to last in a cartridge? That is, how many times can you re-fill the cartridge and still get it to work?

Does re-using affect the taste of the e-liquid? Thanks : )

Hey Larry, Yeah sometimes the filler gets nasty and changes the flavor. You can rinse it out but eventually it needs to be replaced. Many people have different opinions, but heres mine---I like the fluval filler as a replacement as it doesn't seem to flood the atty and still adds plenty of juice over time. The tea bag mod just takes too much work for me---it works but it's too much trouble for me to fold....etc. The fluval is cheap and only takes seconds to cut and install.

Right on with everything Mark said.

The tea bag mod used instead of that polyfill, the fluval foam mod, and all the other little tricks people use are just to help solve some of the minor issues with the basic polyfill that comes in those carts.

They all work along the same themes: increasing the usage life of your cart, increasing capacity that can be stored in the cart, and increasing how well the liquid transfers from that filler down onto the bridge of the atomizer, and ultimately down onto the heating element.

If you're new to vaping, stick with that polyfill for a bit before trying one of these mods. Just get used to how your atomizer performs, and take note of how often you feel like you need to refill it. If you feel like you're refilling too often, then try one. If you're ok with how often you need to refill, then there's no rush on jumping into a new technique.

I'm with Mark on this one. I tried the tea bag trick and it was just too much hassle. I use the Fluval from Petsmart and it's a lot easier and works great for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with Mark on this one. I tried the tea bag trick and it was just too much hassle. I use the Fluval from Petsmart and it's a lot easier and works great for me.

Marineland "Rite Size U" is the best blue foam to use for refilling your stock cartridges.

Yank that nasty factory filter out of there.

Wash and rinse the blue foam first.

You only need a small piece to plug the juice into the cartridge.

It doesn't go bad quick like the factory fluval or ptb

I agree with slick the blue foam rite size U is the ticket. I was never able to get close to satisfied with the filler that came in carts. There would be tons of liquid just sitting in the cart but none getting to the atomizer. The foam has been great for me. I cut a spring from a pen and use it to keep a small cube of filler at the top. Fill the empty space behind it with liquid pop the filler on top and add a drop or two and enjoy 60+ 4 sec hits.