Did I Vape Too Much?

Wreckoncile

So I woke up this morning at 5 with a wicked sore throat and I'm wondering if its because I vaped too much (actually hoping it is cuz there's a bad cold bug going around my circle that starts with a sore throat). I just received my new eliqs from IndyVapor yesterday and have been perhaps endulging a bit much on them (coffee, cola, and redbull, although the redbull doesn't quite taste like redbull). They are of the strong variety too (36mg of nicotene, throat-hitting, goodness). I'm thinking that maybe I just kinda overdid the vaping last night of just didnt get enough liquids to keep my throat well hydrated before I went to sleep. That or maybe IU'm adjusting to the higher strength right now. Anyone of the veterans here had this experience?

This happened to me when I first started as well. I realized I was vaping alot more then I ever smoked. I went down on the nic level and drank alot of water and have not had any issues since.

So I woke up this morning at 5 with a wicked sore throat and I'm wondering if its because I vaped too much (actually hoping it is cuz there's a bad cold bug going around my circle that starts with a sore throat). I just received my new eliqs from IndyVapor yesterday and have been perhaps endulging a bit much on them (coffee, cola, and redbull, although the redbull doesn't quite taste like redbull). They are of the strong variety too (36mg of nicotene, throat-hitting, goodness). I'm thinking that maybe I just kinda overdid the vaping last night of just didnt get enough liquids to keep my throat well hydrated before I went to sleep. That or maybe IU'm adjusting to the higher strength right now. Anyone of the veterans here had this experience?

I don't know if I overdid it with the nicotene as much as I just didnt keep my throat wet enough before I went to sleep. I think water or juice might do a better job than Murphy's Irish Stout for keeping my throat from drying out overnight lol. But yeah, I should probably look into some lower nic eliqs, because with these flavors (funny cuz I thought initially that tobacco would be the flavor i'd want), I find myself wanting to vape constantly. Can't wait to try some of these VT store eliqs too.

I don't know if I overdid it with the nicotene as much as I just didnt keep my throat wet enough before I went to sleep. I think water or juice might do a better job than Murphy's Irish Stout for keeping my throat from drying out overnight lol. But yeah, I should probably look into some lower nic eliqs, because with these flavors (funny cuz I thought initially that tobacco would be the flavor i'd want), I find myself wanting to vape constantly. Can't wait to try some of these VT store eliqs too.

I did the same thing, I ordered the tobacco flavors and only tried them once. The other flavors are too fun...:) If you order from VT get the grape soda. It is sooo good!! I have several different nic levels and just alternate through out the day.

I never did get a sore throat from vaping, but when I was using 36mg and vaping too much, I'd get a crazy bad headache. Of course I knew right away that's what I was doing, so would slow down. Then I went to a lower nic so I could vape more and not worry about the headaches. But, I think I never had the throat problem because I'm drinking something (water, pepsi, tea, coffee) all the time. I'm very seldom without a glass or cup of something. And I sip all day long. From what I've heard, drinking plenty is the answer. It was just my habit long before I started vaping to drink that much, so it never did happen to me.

I never did get a sore throat from vaping, but when I was using 36mg and vaping too much, I'd get a crazy bad headache. Of course I knew right away that's what I was doing, so would slow down. Then I went to a lower nic so I could vape more and not worry about the headaches. But, I think I never had the throat problem because I'm drinking something (water, pepsi, tea, coffee) all the time. I'm very seldom without a glass or cup of something. And I sip all day long. From what I've heard, drinking plenty is the answer. It was just my habit long before I started vaping to drink that much, so it never did happen to me.

I guess between the cola and coffee flavored vapes, I didn't realize I needed to drink an actual liquid lol

I've gotten headaches and a sore throat right at the beginning too. I think I overdid it because I can sit and vape at my desk all day whereas I used to have to get up and go out for a real cigarette (and it was winter--brr). Over the course of a few weeks, however, I realized I was vaping less and less, and not craving the nicotine as much as I did with real cigarettes -- I'm convinced it's because of the additional addictive chemicals they pump into cigarettes to make you even more hooked than nicotine could ever make you. Keeping water next to you is a good idea, and it's healthy to drink water throughout the day, anyway, so another benefit!

I got a little sore throat when I first started, but haven't had any problems sense. However, I vape PG, but recently started trying some VG juice and I do get a sore throat from that. Again, if I use some for a few days it goes away quickly and is okay, but I tend to only vape VG once in a while, and I do get a little sore throat each time. I'm sure if I used it regularly that wouldn't happen.

Well depending on how long you have been no longer using analogs. You may have the onset of the Smoker's Flu. Think of the flu, but not quite as bad. It starts off with a sore throat, then you get the body aches, and all that icky stuff. I got it last year when I had quit. Took about a week for me to get it, and about 3-5 days to get over.