Looking For A High Volt E-Cig

VaporAssassin

Hello Everyone!

I am looking for a high volt e-cig. I don't know what to get. question.gif

I love my VP pass-through, and my PS pass-through from Pure smoker! thumbsup.gif

I have a Spade and a Joye 510 but I find that I can't wait to get home to use my pass-through. shiftyninja.gif

Should I wait patiently for the Joker to come out or get another one? (Or get both?) whistle.gif

Love to hear everyone opinions! Thanks!unworthy.gif

Hello Everyone!

I am looking for a high volt e-cig. I don't know what to get. question.gif

I love my VP pass-through, and my PS pass-through from Pure smoker! thumbsup.gif

I have a Spade and a Joye 510 but I find that I can't wait to get home to use my pass-through. shiftyninja.gif

Should I wait patiently for the Joker to come out or get another one? (Or get both?) whistle.gif

Love to hear everyone opinions! Thanks!unworthy.gif

I love my Silver Bullet, but it appears those are out of stock until early April. The simplicity of the SB design is it's strong point, but it is on the large side. Nice thing is you can use it @ 3.7V or 6V depending on which batteries you pop in it. At 6V the SB is a monster, they even have a double atomizer cap for them if you're really looking for a stronger e-cig.

I've been on a mission to find a good, portable HV unit for a long time. I finally found what I was looking for. The Indulgence from eastmall.com Yeah, it's a Chinese unit but it truly rocks. You can vape at 3.7 or 6 so you have the flexibility. I found that running it at 6v with a HV atomizer is about as close to the VP-PT as I have been able to get.

I hate to say it but I have 2 of the USA made units and they are pretty much useless. For the money, the Indulgence beats them all!

Here's the link to it

I've been on a mission to find a good, portable HV unit for a long time. I finally found what I was looking for. The Indulgence from eastmall.com Yeah, it's a Chinese unit but it truly rocks. You can vape at 3.7 or 6 so you have the flexibility. I found that running it at 6v with a HV atomizer is about as close to the VP-PT as I have been able to get.

I hate to say it but I have 2 of the USA made units and they are pretty much useless. For the money, the Indulgence beats them all!

Here's the link to it

I've been looking at that mod myself. It looks a lot like a Silver Bullet to me, but cheaper and with more options, I really like the Passthrough option. Have you ever used the Silver Bullet JM? Can you confirm if it's a lower cost SB clone?

I've never tried the SB. The Indulgence is really well made. CNC aluminum, really solid button, nice engraved logo. I was super impressed with the thing. Like I said, I do have 2 other HV units and both have issues. One just basically never worked at all. The Indulgence worked as advertised right out of the box.

The passthrough works just as good as my VP-PT. It runs at 5v, too. When I first plugged it into my computer, the computer threw an error about the voltage being too high or something so I plugged it into the wall USB that came with the VP-PT and it's outstanding!

I highly recommend this unit. Plus, it came in 3 days!

I've never tried the SB. The Indulgence is really well made. CNC aluminum, really solid button, nice engraved logo. I was super impressed with the thing. Like I said, I do have 2 other HV units and both have issues. One just basically never worked at all. The Indulgence worked as advertised right out of the box.

The passthrough works just as good as my VP-PT. It runs at 5v, too. When I first plugged it into my computer, the computer threw an error about the voltage being too high or something so I plugged it into the wall USB that came with the VP-PT and it's outstanding!

I highly recommend this unit. Plus, it came in 3 days!

Yeah, I'm really thinking I may pick one up, I just had two mods fail over the last couple of weeks, and I'm not really sure I want to pay to have them repaired. They failed not long after they were out of warranty, and I'm skeptical that they will perform any better after repair. Where is the extended battery housing for the 6V option, are they just out of stock? Or did I overlook it somehow?

Yeah, I'm really thinking I may pick one up, I just had two mods fail over the last couple of weeks, and I'm not really sure I want to pay to have them repaired. They failed not long after they were out of warranty, and I'm skeptical that they will perform any better after repair. Where is the extended battery housing for the 6V option, are they just out of stock? Or did I overlook it somehow?

I've heard rumors that there may be a SB pass-through soon. :> Have you looked at the Mako yet? Jason just got them in at ENS and it looks like it has every possible voltage combination... 3.7, 5, 6 and 7.4. MAKO.

Joseph - have you checked out the Joker yet? It'll be coming out soon too.

Dang! They are out of the extender cups! BTW-Both the extender cups are the same. It's just a choice of which batteries you want. I got the 18650 and it works perfectly with the RCR123A batteries.

Honestly, I really hate to say this but I'm off the USA mods. I've had really bad experiences with them and I just don't want to name names. These folks don't have a real manufacturing process so success is not repeatable. I would love to help them out for free since I'm an ISO9000 auditor but nobody has asked.

I will say I've been pleased with Jeso's stuff so far. I've hear of a few people having to send stuff back for repairs but I've had great luck so far. The stuff I've gotten from him worked somewhat flawlessly. Even the little issue with the VP2 LED dimming is simply keeping the connectors and batteries clean. Not some design defect like I've seen with other units. The VP-PT hasn't even hiccuped once (knock on wood). But other than his stuff, I'm swearing the others off. I'm really excited about the Joker, though. It might be worth waiting a little for it to come out.

I've heard rumors that there may be a SB pass-through soon. :> Have you looked at the Mako yet? Jason just got them in at ENS and it looks like it has every possible voltage combination... 3.7, 5, 6 and 7.4. MAKO.

Joseph - have you checked out the Joker yet? It'll be coming out soon too.

I have seen the video Chris did about it and I got really excited that it is goingto vape like the pass-through but in a portable version! thumbup.gif

I have alsoseen the Copper and the silver bullet also. Thanks to Grimm Green!unworthy.gif

My buddy atwork has the silver bullet and he uses it at 6 volts.

However, Iheard that they may have changed the way they machined it so you can't stackthe batteries any more to make it 6 volts.question.gif

I have seen the video Chris did about it and I got really excited that it is goingto vape like the pass-through but in a portable version! thumbup.gif

I have alsoseen the Copper and the silver bullet also. Thanks to Grimm Green!unworthy.gif

My buddy atwork has the silver bullet and he uses it at 6 volts.

However, Iheard that they may have changed the way they machined it so you can't stackthe batteries any more to make it 6 volts.question.gif

I picked one up inside of the last month and the RCR123a batts still fit fine.

I think you want to make sure you get the Tenergy RCR123A's, not the Chinese 16340 (suppose to be the same). I have the 16340's before I got my SB and they are just a little to long. I havn't ordered any Tenergy batts yet, but thinking about it.

Yeah most of the links you'll find for the Tenergy RCR123a LifePO4 are to Battery Junction, but they had a fire in February and have not resumed business since. I found a seller on Amazon that is pretty close to the same low price... Battery Superstore @ Amazon.com. Shipping isn't very quick, took like 6 days or something because they ship ground FedEx.

Dang! They are out of the extender cups! BTW-Both the extender cups are the same. It's just a choice of which batteries you want. I got the 18650 and it works perfectly with the RCR123A batteries.

Honestly, I really hate to say this but I'm off the USA mods. I've had really bad experiences with them and I just don't want to name names. These folks don't have a real manufacturing process so success is not repeatable. I would love to help them out for free since I'm an ISO9000 auditor but nobody has asked.

I will say I've been pleased with Jeso's stuff so far. I've hear of a few people having to send stuff back for repairs but I've had great luck so far. The stuff I've gotten from him worked somewhat flawlessly. Even the little issue with the VP2 LED dimming is simply keeping the connectors and batteries clean. Not some design defect like I've seen with other units. The VP-PT hasn't even hiccuped once (knock on wood). But other than his stuff, I'm swearing the others off. I'm really excited about the Joker, though. It might be worth waiting a little for it to come out.

I'd have to agree with you on that VP2. I stopped using it for a while, and went to that plastic box mod I made to hold me over. After about a week of not using it, I went back to it, and it works fine again! I cleaned out the atty connector with alcohol, switched to a 901 atty with adapter, and it seems like new again. I also adjusted the set screw for the switch. Hmmmmm. Now the T-tip i'm using on it brought back everything I liked about it when I first bought it and more!

• 2 weeks later...

Im kind of interested in the indulgence. You say it made it from China in three days!! If you dont mind my asking how much was the shipping? This seems affordable if shipping doesn't kill me.

Im kind of interested in the indulgence. You say it made it from China in three days!! If you dont mind my asking how much was the shipping? This seems affordable if shipping doesn't kill me.

If you watch the videos, which you should, I believe jm (Dr. J) details the cost.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/videos/view-163-vapor-talk-midnight/

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/videos/view-168-indulgence-review-with-doctor-j-the-accessories/

I went through the ordering process and it looks like $15. I was hoping the titanium would be available, but now its in gold (meh). I emailed them twice asking about titanium availability and received no response. That's enough for me not to order it.

Shipping = $15

I picked up 6 HV801 attys to go with my Indulgence set as well, so grand total for the Indulgence Starter Kit, plus the Extended Battery cup and the USB PT option w/ 6 HV801 atomizers was less than $140 shipping included.

Darn - titanium too, thought I had this figured out. Don't see the extended battery cup though which I believe is needed to walk around at 6V.

EastMall has the Gold Extended Cup in stock, I swear they had Silver as well yesterday, but they must sell out fast.

EastMall has the Gold Extended Cup in stock, I swear they had Silver as well yesterday, but they must sell out fast.

I like titanium, and yeah they had silver very recently, I almost bit on that but waited for an answer on titanium that never came. No gold for me, just not into the bling thing.

I didn't look, but Brian said they don't have them in yet - or the pt's - but will be getting them in soon.

They do have the PT now, but not the extender cup. They are suppose to have them "soon".

I picked one up inside of the last month and the RCR123a batts still fit fine.

Hey everybody,

I have a question that concerns me I want to get a silver bullet but according to rob at alt-smoke it is not recommended to use the silver bullet at 6v I see on there site they cary a device to make it 6v AltSmoke | Personal Vaporizers - Ecigs SilverBullet v1.1 Bottom! - Starter Kits - Products

After contacting rob I noticed he or someone changed the overview this is what it said the first time I saw it

Quick Overview

Silverbullet V1.1 Tube Bottom:

-Uses 18650 Batteries (can't exceed 18.9 diameter)

-Can Use Protected CR123a 3v (need two, can't exceed 18.9 diameter)

now I see someone has changed it, my question is can I use the silver bullet at 6v or not without it blowing up in my face. :sofa: