Here We Go Again California

Jeffb

This Senate Bill was introduced by Senator Corbett. It states in part "This bill would authorize action to halt the sale, distribution,

or offering for sale of electronic cigarettes that have not been

approved or cleared by the federal Food and Drug Administration."

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/sen/sb_0851-0900/sb_882_bill_20100114_introduced.html

This Senate Bill was introduced by Senator Corbett. It states in part "This bill would authorize action to halt the sale, distribution,

or offering for sale of electronic cigarettes that have not been

approved or cleared by the federal Food and Drug Administration."

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/sen/sb_0851-0900/sb_882_bill_20100114_introduced.html

That is terrible. Did not sound good at all!

Give me a break! This women is getting on my nerves. And we now have a new Gov. coming into the state. I think we need to keep a very close eye on this.

I would state that everyone write her an email, but trust me we tried that last time and it didn't work. This women his hell bent on removing these products from the market, in the name of children, removed from adults.

Good God, what an awful human being. This gives me a terrible sense of futility and hopelessness. But come on, let's all fight this every way we can. We cannot let bills like this pass, it would set a precedent for every other idiot legislator out there. And I think there are almost as many of them are there are of us. We cannot afford to be reactive in this fight; we have to take it to them.

I have a friend that owns a smoke shop and it seams that more and more products are being labeled

"NOT INTENDED FOR USE WITH TOBACCO" so that they can still be sold.

One of the products is flavored rolling papers, they were banned but now he carries them again with this label on the package.

Can suppliers of E-cigs beat a bill like this by not calling thier product an e-cig and by stating that it is not intended for use with liquid nicotine?

This bill seams to target the devises not the liquid.

Just asking.......

There is a long list of things that should not be put in the hands of children. Banning them all would be stupid.

Start with A... alcohol , and go down the list.

It seems like they should SOMEDAY figure out bans don't work. Look at Marijuana, for pity's sake, and that's one of the "SAFER" things.

New stuff is scary. I get that. I do.

My mother was afraid of the Microwave oven. Not so much that she thought it could kill her but that she'd break it. LOL. By the time she died I don't think she ever turned on the stove. LOL

It is obvious to me that the smart method would be to test the stuff and regulate it for safety. But there I go again thinking our (or our kids') SAFETY is the real issue. I should really know better.

Big teenage shoulder sigh.

egads with a tripple grrrrrrrr. :veryangry:

You know, I almost hate to state this out loud, and I probably shouldn't, and if you all think I shouldn't, then feel free to delete this. But, I was just thinking that if a minor makes a concious decision to start vaping and a conceious decision to start vaping nicotine, then the eCig is the ONLY device known to man that will actually allow this same person (minor or major) to make a concious decision to vape 0 nicotine and wean his/her addicted hiney back off of their addiction. Try that with real cigs. Been there, done that. This whole clause/war/fright/propaganda/ stinks. And they're using the kids to spank the adults anyway. Shame on them!!!!!!! They are nothing but a legalized hate group. They're literally trying to kill us.

It bugs me beyond belief that they are saying it's for the kids. I wonder how many kids have the amount of money it takes to get going on vaping? If they wanted to smoke, they'd be much more likely to fork over the money for a pack of smokes, wouldn't they? It bugs me beyond belief that they have badgered us with the "no smoking", have to quit smoking, second hand smoke kills, ban smoking here and ban smoking there, etc, campaigns that they been pushing at us and when we finally find a way to quit smoking that really and truly works...they want to take it away from us. If only they would listen to the people who really know what they are talking about when it comes to vaping.

I will write any letters, make any calls, sign any petitions...whatever it takes. Just let me know what to do, where to do it, where to send it, and how loud to get.

Wow Jeri, that really nails it: "It bugs me beyond belief that they have badgered us with the "no smoking", have to quit smoking, second hand smoke kills, ban smoking here and ban smoking there, etc, campaigns that they been pushing at us and when we finally find a way to quit smoking that really and truly works...they want to take it away from us."

I've experienced the situation where "Vaping = Smoking". Vaping looks so much like smoking that honestly, I think people who don't vape or smoke have no idea, really!, that it's not just the same thing. My wife is a perfect example: She just thinks of it as a different way to smoke. Even Jeso's son the other day referred to vaping as "smoking." It's a very honest but deeply unfortunate thing that the one aspect of vaping that makes it so successful (the vapor), incriminates it. This is a perfect example of the cliche, "Sad but true." I honestly don't know how to combat this, other than education, and that's very hard to do with someone who's already made up their mind. If I may succumb to understatement.

You know everything is dangerous to SOMEONE. Peanuts KILL PEOPLE. Just not most of us.

The main problem today with keeping things away from kids is parenting, or lack thereof. I know I shouldn't say this, but it is true.

A minor can get all the parts to build anything they want, including bombs. If I went into my son's or daughter's room and found wires and doodads, I'd be asking questions like "whatcha dooon?" LMAO

My kids weren't allowed to have computers or tvs in their rooms growing up. Of course I can't protect them from EVERYTHING no matter what unless I chained them in a pen somewhere.....well, that wouldn't work either, ya gotta sleep sometime LOL

I oouldn't protect them from EVERYTHING but I could monitor their internet usage. The family computer was in the living room and they knew Mom or Dad could look over their shoulder at any time. The internet filters were a joke, and as far as I know they still are - we just paid attention.

My son did hit a naughty site ONCE. We caught him, because we checked history. We explained that nekkid women aside (rather *I* did since that would be the most effective) those sites have more malware attached then nearly anywhere else you could go on the net and if he made me format my machine he was lookin at big trouble. LOL

TV, same thing. We didn't have any naughty channels, but we had satellite. So we pulled the card when we weren't home. The card didn't go back in the receiver until we saw that homework was done. (my son missed a LOT of shows lol)

Now I didn't go rifling through their drawers or anything, but I also didn't make it easy for them, is all I'm saying. Maybe I was overprotective, I dunno. I do know neither of them is sharpening their bloody axes in prison hehe.

I don't know why they think banning something works anyway. Hasn't worked on anything else - look at all the drugs our kids can get. Bad or not, they can get it if they want it badly enough.

None of us wants our child, or anyone else's vaping OR smoking. OR drinking booze OR OR OR. It is ridiculous that anyone thinks we do. I should be careful what I say, that beginning statement up there....they might take away our peanuts. How bad would a peanut butter and jelly sandwich SUCK without peanut butter? LOL

It bugs me beyond belief that they are saying it's for the kids. I wonder how many kids have the amount of money it takes to get going on vaping? If they wanted to smoke, they'd be much more likely to fork over the money for a pack of smokes, wouldn't they? It bugs me beyond belief that they have badgered us with the "no smoking", have to quit smoking, second hand smoke kills, ban smoking here and ban smoking there, etc, campaigns that they been pushing at us and when we finally find a way to quit smoking that really and truly works...they want to take it away from us. If only they would listen to the people who really know what they are talking about when it comes to vaping.

I will write any letters, make any calls, sign any petitions...whatever it takes. Just let me know what to do, where to do it, where to send it, and how loud to get.

Amen Sister, Amen.

and thank you bro. (hero)

You know everything is dangerous to SOMEONE. Peanuts KILL PEOPLE. Just not most of us.

The main problem today with keeping things away from kids is parenting, or lack thereof. I know I shouldn't say this, but it is true.

A minor can get all the parts to build anything they want, including bombs. If I went into my son's or daughter's room and found wires and doodads, I'd be asking questions like "whatcha dooon?" LMAO

My kids weren't allowed to have computers or tvs in their rooms growing up. Of course I can't protect them from EVERYTHING no matter what unless I chained them in a pen somewhere.....well, that wouldn't work either, ya gotta sleep sometime LOL

I oouldn't protect them from EVERYTHING but I could monitor their internet usage. The family computer was in the living room and they knew Mom or Dad could look over their shoulder at any time. The internet filters were a joke, and as far as I know they still are - we just paid attention.

My son did hit a naughty site ONCE. We caught him, because we checked history. We explained that nekkid women aside (rather *I* did since that would be the most effective) those sites have more malware attached then nearly anywhere else you could go on the net and if he made me format my machine he was lookin at big trouble. LOL

TV, same thing. We didn't have any naughty channels, but we had satellite. So we pulled the card when we weren't home. The card didn't go back in the receiver until we saw that homework was done. (my son missed a LOT of shows lol)

Now I didn't go rifling through their drawers or anything, but I also didn't make it easy for them, is all I'm saying. Maybe I was overprotective, I dunno. I do know neither of them is sharpening their bloody axes in prison hehe.

I don't know why they think banning something works anyway. Hasn't worked on anything else - look at all the drugs our kids can get. Bad or not, they can get it if they want it badly enough.

None of us wants our child, or anyone else's vaping OR smoking. OR drinking booze OR OR OR. It is ridiculous that anyone thinks we do. I should be careful what I say, that beginning statement up there....they might take away our peanuts. How bad would a peanut butter and jelly sandwich SUCK without peanut butter? LOL

The pharmas have a good thang going... pop a pill to cure this, then pop this pill to cure the side effects from the first pill, and then pop this pill to alleviate the side effects from the side effects. Take a Chantrix get depression, take a Paxil get undepressed, take an advil cuz your stones are killing ya....

I guess until we, the vapors, get some distressing side effects for the pill pushers to cure, they won't be happy. They sit on the FDA board and whine that they have nothing to do. They are becomming the Maytag repair men and they don't like it.

The pharmas have a good thang going... pop a pill to cure this, then pop this pill to cure the side effects from the first pill, and then pop this pill to alleviate the side effects from the side effects. Take a Chantrix get depression, take a Paxil get undepressed, take an advil cuz your stones are killing ya....

I guess until we, the vapors, get some distressing side effects for the pill pushers to cure, they won't be happy. They sit on the FDA board and whine that they have nothing to do. They are becomming the Maytag repair men and they don't like it.

Oh I know. I'm bad the opposite way. Some folks run to the doctor at the first sniffle, I won't go unless I'm pretty sure I'll die otherwise, or in intense pain that means I can't accomplish anything. Needless to say, I'm bad. And I was that way before you couldn't smoke in the doctor's office LOL.

Though with my kids I took them for the regular checkups and immunizations, and assorted injuries (though thankfully they were few) - but I'd have questioned any drugs they wanted to give them. I question darn near everything. LOL

I just didn't want to do drugs to quit smoking. The side effects read way worse than withdrawal from nicotine LOL. Once I knew my cough was smoker's cough I tried several times (more seriously than previous attempts) to quit, but ecigs are working. I'm not fighting with depression, or rashes or any other side effects, and watching my body heal itself after all I've put it through. :) And some of the healing I never knew was connected to smoking....like the RLS. I'm sure non smokers get it, don't get me wrong, I just know that getting off the tobacco (mostly) - I've not had an episode in 2 months out of the 3 I've been vaping. .... on and on I go lmao shupping now

Oh I know. I'm bad the opposite way. Some folks run to the doctor at the first sniffle, I won't go unless I'm pretty sure I'll die otherwise, or in intense pain that means I can't accomplish anything. Needless to say, I'm bad. And I was that way before you couldn't smoke in the doctor's office LOL.

Though with my kids I took them for the regular checkups and immunizations, and assorted injuries (though thankfully they were few) - but I'd have questioned any drugs they wanted to give them. I question darn near everything. LOL

I just didn't want to do drugs to quit smoking. The side effects read way worse than withdrawal from nicotine LOL. Once I knew my cough was smoker's cough I tried several times (more seriously than previous attempts) to quit, but ecigs are working. I'm not fighting with depression, or rashes or any other side effects, and watching my body heal itself after all I've put it through. :) And some of the healing I never knew was connected to smoking....like the RLS. I'm sure non smokers get it, don't get me wrong, I just know that getting off the tobacco (mostly) - I've not had an episode in 2 months out of the 3 I've been vaping. .... on and on I go lmao shupping now

So true, TeriJo! We've quit smoking without any of the side effects and some of us are at or very near 0 nic without any side effects. Or at the very least, it's been very few and no harmful side effects - if there are any. I've had none whatsoever. Unless you consider the better health thing a side effect. Of course that's a good side effect. :thumbsup:

The tyrants that control my once-proud state don't really give a damn about public health. Cigarettes are a massive general revenue stream for California (I worked in Sac for a brief period and I can assure you that's exactly how the legislators think, they just use the zealots and paternalists as their cover) and they honestly don't want people finding alternatives that they can't tax the living hell out of. So they try banning the alternatives because they realize that the vaping world is online and therefore beyond the grasp of their excessive taxation. Forgive the mean libertarian streak in me, but something about "watering the tree of liberty" seems so attractive these days.