Vaping On A Boat.

So I just got back from a cruise, and had a few neat vaping experiences. First off getting my stuff on the plane was no problem, though I thought I was gonna get some stuff confiscated on the way back but turned out it was a bottle of sunscreen I forgot to take out of my backpack (note to self: sunscreen more dangerous than nicotine). On the boat the cruise people were cool with it, which actually surprised me. They asked my not to use it in the dinning room, but said anywhere on deck or the lounges was ok with them, even the non-smoking ones... I guess other vapers had paved the way for me. Also my PV is apparently EXTREMELY fascinating to Canadians. It seemed to me that almost every person that came up to ask me what the heck I was smoking was Canadian. It makes me curious if our friends up north have had any bans or anything, which would be sad cuz most of them thought it was a great idea and wanted to know more so I shelled out internet addresses, maybe we'll see one of my cruise buddies here. The last cool thing was I saw my sister for the first time since I switched, I was interested to hear what she thought since she is a respiratory therapist. She was way happy for me and really supportive, and she told me that she had been hearing of e-cigs lately and that a few of her doctors were excited about them and telling patients. Makes me happy that not all docs believe the FDA's hype. Anyways just felt like sharing.

Sounds wonderful!!!!

The title though, the title had me thinking Dr. Seuss... you know. . .

Can I vape on a boat. Should I vape in my coat? Perhaps I could vape near a goat.

You see? I should NOT be up this early.

Rock on Gweetus, that's a good story.

Yeah I think PVs or nicotine juice is banned in Canada. Perhaps someone else can confirm that.

The title though, the title had me thinking Dr. Seuss... you know. . .

LOL! Way too funny :)

there are a few canadian vaper's in this forum. it's kind of a grey zone as far as our law's go but i have never had any problem's and i buy allot. I am going on a cruise next december and i hope the cruise line is still cool by then although they are pretty slack on smoking anyway's

"Aww Snap! Get yo' eGo's ready its about to go down! Everybody in the place take a puff of this, but stay off the an-a-lowgs, we runnin this come along!"

o/`"I'm gonna vape, I'm gonna vape, ev'ry body look at me cuz I'm havin' me a vape.

I'm gonna vape, I'm gonna vape, take a good hard look at this mo fo'n vape.

I'm gonna vape you little sucka take a look at me, blowin' sweet clouds over the deep blue sea,

Busting 510's in places you ain't allowed to smoke, look at me cuz I'm vapin on a frickin' boat.

Take a couple drips, and great big rip, we sippin' sweat dawn e-juice cuz it so crisp,

Got a spare batt, and an extra atty, you caint burn in here so you straight gettin catty

I'm takin' stealth hits, while I watch the show, look around me all nervous but nobody knows,

This ain't the smoke lounge but i let my steam flow, sit back with the fam and play some bingo.

I'm on the deck, and

getin my fix, and

Got a nautical themed storage tin can

I'm king of the world, with my are-why-four-o

If you burnin the paper then you got my sorrow

(Toss that pack out, this stuff is REAL)

Screw paper, I'm just a happy vaper

Nor tar this is all just water vapor

I'm on the deck with my boys, cuz we all vapers,

blowin clouds wherever we please cuz its just vapor!

Hey ma if you could see me now! Tossed my pack off the starboard bow (subtitles: "not really")

Gonna send a steam ring to the moon somehow, not smoking no mo, anything is posiblllllle!

Yeah, neva thought I'd vape on a boat, its a big blue watery road

posiiiiidan look at me!

I never thought I'd see the day, when I could throw my pack away, belive me when I say,

I vaped with a mermaaaiiiiiiid!

I'm gonna vape, I'm gonna vape, ev'ry body look at me cuz I'm havin' me a vape.

I'm gonna vape, I'm gonna vape, take a good hard look at this mo fo'n vape."o/`

VT (break) VT, Yeah-eah-yeah

(needs refining, suggestions anyone?)

Edited by Gweetus

• 2 years later...

I'm going on an Alaskan cruise and was curious to see if this subject had been approached here on VT, and I happened on this thread...

Thought I'd pass on the regs aboard Princess Cruises at least...I was MORE than pleased to see E-cigs not only covered, but somewhat embraced IMO...times are changing :)

"Electronic Cigarettes

The use of electronic cigarettes is permitted in all areas onboard with the exception of dining areas and the Princess Theater. However, should a fellow passenger in the vicinity feel inconvenienced and complain, even after being told the difference between electronic cigarettes and real cigarettes, we will ask the passenger to refrain from smoking the electronic cigarette."

This was found at http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/experience.jsp

Click the tab labeled "smoking policy change".

I also figure the smoking policy change had to do with fires in the past while at sea...

Edited by Phaseman66