E-Cigs Advertisements

I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on the E-Cig advertisements that you hear or see on the radio/internet!

Me personally if I would have not done my research on E-Cigs before I bought one. I feel would have gotten roped in to what I thought was a scam. From what I have heard from people, is that the E-Cig that they got from the advertisers on radio/internet are no were near the best out there on the market. Don't get me wrong they my do what they say. However, I have had them ask me "a Newbie" to vaping where I got my E-Cig. They have told me how much better my E-Cig performs compared to theirs.

So I guess I am also wandering do you guy/ladies think it does or can put a bad face on the great world of vaping?question.gif

Yep those adverts are alright for gettin folks attention

but I'm afraid they turn peeps off with their crazy high prices.

and that auto reorder deal really sucks :thumbsdown:

Folks that don't read the fine print close enough can wind up

with a bad taste for e-cigs.That's a shame when a short search

on the net can getya so many good vendors.

It's too bad the better vendors don't have the capitol to put

out their own adverts.and put up flyers and such in the malls.

Well there's two ways you can look at it. The brands that are on the commercials are not always the best, usually over priced, and very little info about ecigs in general.

However it IS getting out the word that electronic cigs are out there. I personally am not the type to buy anything I've never heard of without my trusty GOOGLE. LOL

I saw them in a mall and walked by. But when I got home I googled. I researched. There is so much crap out there, of all kinds, not just ecigs. And most of it you see in the middle of a mall LOL.

There are folks who swear by those ecigs. They WORKED for them. They know nothing about juices and refilling they buy boxes and boxes of prefilled carts. But they are happy.

The phrase "buyer beware" was coined for a reason. It's not new. In the days of the horse and buggy folks sold snake oil to cure all your ills. With ecigs, they DO work. The brands people know are because they are advertising and in the malls. The products are overpriced BECAUSE of that. They have to pay for the advertising somehow right?

For those they DONT work for and who never look into what else is available, yeah, they think they were taken. For others though, they start looking at what choices they have, and maybe land in this forum or another where they talk to people who actually use them.

So It's bad AND it's good. LOL

It was those radio advertisements that got me researching. I didn't trust the "free trial" things so blew right by them. Couldn't bring myself to pay $150 for smokeing everywhere, which is the first thing I found on the net when I started looking. Luckily, I eventually ended up here at VT before making any purchase. At that point I was "saved".

Oddly enough, I had never heard an ad for e-cigs until just about 3 weeks ago. I don't know that I would have even looked into these because of an ad. It took a real person who used them to get my attention.

Wow!! What a testament to VT...Brian was saved. LOL I starting vaping before finding VT, but I don't know if it would have saved me if I'd found them first. I saw a video and bought the unit. Then saw another video and bought that unit. All were of Chris and Sean. I just needed some patience to find out which was the best. But at least I got around to it. And that was all because of VT. And I'm still learning things by being here. Except about those pesky batteries....they still have me baffled. :whistle:

I've often thought that the most prominent ads are also ripoffs that could give vaping generally a bad rep. I'm sure there are a great many people out there who will never again give vaping a chance because their first experience was unsatisfactory and they haven't thought to do further research. But like Teri said and others have shown, those first unsatisfactory units can also open a world of possibilities for people who do conduct further research.

I'd never heard of e cigs when my brother sent a video of a guy promoting V4L's kits. We each bought one and found it to have potential - but not quite sufficient to replace smoking. Then he found Chris and Sean's review of the VP2, and we both bought one of those. That was the first unit that had sufficient vapor production/TH to get me off the analogs. And because of Chris's very cool style I took up with this forum. My brother didn't and now I'm the local authority! :D That cracks me up. This and nana's story do show though that there are other routes to successful vaping than the most commercially visible ones.