E Liquid Question

osubckys

I have been vaping with both my 510 and my Ego and using Marlboro and RY4 as daily vapes. Recently I received my bottle of Harley 56 by Halo and, like a kid on Christmas, began vaping it immediately. It is the best liquid I have had to date. However, when I went back to my other liquids they taste TERRIBLE :thumbsdown:. I cleaned some of my attys, put on new attys and tried again with the same result.

This leads me to the question: Does e juice go stale, bad or does freshness have an effect on taste?

I have been vaping for 6 months and I had never encountered this problem before.

Thanks in advance.

I have been vaping with both my 510 and my Ego and using Marlboro and RY4 as daily vapes. Recently I received my bottle of Harley 56 by Halo and, like a kid on Christmas, began vaping it immediately. It is the best liquid I have had to date. However, when I went back to my other liquids they taste TERRIBLE :thumbsdown:. I cleaned some of my attys, put on new attys and tried again with the same result.

This leads me to the question: Does e juice go stale, bad or does freshness have an effect on taste?

I have been vaping for 6 months and I had never encountered this problem before.

Thanks in advance.

Keep them out of the sun and they should be good for a while (year or more?). Maybe you just killed your taste buds?

osubckys, I have run in to the same thing but I personally think it has to do with taste. I think that you get used to one flavor and when you switch to another your taste buds have to adjust. At least that is with me. as for going stale or bad i have not had that happen to me. i shake my juice before I drip, and keep the juice i don't use in the refrigerator. hope i helped a little.mellow.gif

Liquid is subject to oxidation and light degradation so keep them in a cool dark place and they should last for quite a while,if it the liquid was on a super low sale price it might be old stock that has some age to start with.I would say that the atty is affecting the taste due to leftover residue from the Halo juice.Try a new atty.I have noticed that domestic juices while they taste great seem to leave a lot of residue and carbon in the atty .I think what ever they use for the great taste is what does it .This is my opinion and I think some of the juice is worth it and buy it anyway.

I have noticed that domestic juices while they taste great seem to leave a lot of residue and carbon in the atty .I think what ever they use for the great taste is what does it.

I agree with that too. The only exception I've found is the Essence (clove, b/c I've not tried any others yet; though a few more are on their way to me). Despite the very strong flavor, it was easy to vape the flavor out completely like a generic Dekang juice.

We'll see if the others are like this.

I'm certainly leaning towards the "taste buds" in combination with the residue in the attys. The juice never sees light or temps in excess. It is about 3 months old (I bought several bottles). However, when I put the new juice into a new atty, it was happiness again. This leads me down the "I must have new attys and new juice always" dilemma. Then the cleaned attys began to bounce back.

I also find that mixing plays a huge role in flavor. I am now measuring more scientifically, rather than just "hey that looks about right". I found that improper measurement can ruin the entire batch, which sucks because I have to go through the spend, order and wait process again. ALWAYS BUY ENOUGH JUICE AND SPARE ATTYS!!!

Taste buds are a huge factor and when you find the "latest, greatest" flavor everything else seems inadequate for several days. I've been at this long enough to know, but the Harley 56 is excellent.

Thanks for all of your input!