Noobie Here : Questions

sensay

I just got my 510 kit in yesterday. By reading the forums I see I have already messed up, Came with 5 prefilled carts, I did not buy more juice. I am curious how long a prefilled cart is intended to last.

Also how do you store your e cig when not in use? Do you disassemble it every time ?Do you disassemble @ night? Do you take cart out and re cap? Is it ok to leave the atomizer dry? I do apologize for all the questions but my kit came with no instructions or direction. Thanks

Hi, sensay and welcome to Vapor Talk! I take my atty off at night and let it drain, but other than that, I don't disassemble it much. If I were you, I would get some juice ordered. I'm not exactly sure how long the prefilled carts last because I've never really used them, but I hear it's not very long. You can leave the atomizer dry as long as you aren't using it.

Don't apologize for asking questions...that's what this forum is for! Glad to have you as a fellow vaper!

Welcome to Vapor Talk, Sensay. Don't worry about making a few mistakes at the beginning, we all did. I try to remember to take my PV's apart at night and leave the atomizers standing up on a paper towel so the juice can drain away from the wick. This wont be a big deal for you if you're just using prefilled carts, but will become more of an issue if you get some juice and start direct dripping. Make sure to save the little rubber cap to snap back on the cartridge so it doesn't dry out. I honestly don't remember how long a prefilled cart would last me, but if you'd like a manual for your Joye 510, go to The "Resources and Links" tab at ElectroNicStix, and you can click on the link and download one. Happy vaping!

Welcome to the forum. Always great to have new people.

The carts will only last a very short time depending on how much you vape. Don't worry you can refill them when you buy some more juice. There are plenty of posts on just that subject so don't get worried.

As far as the unit itself, you don't need to take it apart if you're going to use it again soon. The battery has a manual switch so be careful not to put it in a tight pocket or case that may activate the button or you'll burn up your atty. A good practice at night is to take it apart,charge the battery and let the atty stand on a piece of paper towel to let the old juice drain out. Just make sure to put a few drops of liquid in before you try to use it again.

But for now don't drain it till you get some more juice to refill it with. You can just leave the cart on it while it charges.

There are lots of info videos on the site..look around and you'll be vaping like crazy in no time.

Mark has a good one to start with...check it out and then look for more.

So good luck and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome to Vapor Talk, sensay. Don't apologize for asking questions. Ask as many as you need to. That's what this forum is all about. We've all been where you are right now and it can be somewhat overwhelming at times. We just want to help.

When I first starting vaping, I was told the cartridges were equal to two packs of cigarettes. It didn't take me long to figure out that was not true. Not even close. I could go through one of those carts in less than a day. Easy. So, the sad truth is, those carts will probably not last until you can get some juice delivered. Sorry. Although, everyone is different, so it's possible. But you will want to get some juice ordered right away. And just so you know, the juice that comes in those carts doesn't taste very good anyway and that's why everyone always recommends that you buy juice and either drip or refill the carts.

Good luck and keep asking questions.

Thanks alot guys!!!! I really appreciate the help!!! Has anyone figured out about how many puffs are equal to 1 cig? I was also curious where can I buy cheap juice ? I guess I will need empty carts too.. I am going to sit down tonight when the kids go to bed and read through the forum posts and try to familiarize myself a bit more . Thank you so much for being so welcoming and nice ....I still feel a little lost.. but not alone :)

Thanks alot guys!!!! I really appreciate the help!!! Has anyone figured out about how many puffs are equal to 1 cig? I was also curious where can I buy cheap juice ? I guess I will need empty carts too.. I am going to sit down tonight when the kids go to bed and read through the forum posts and try to familiarize myself a bit more . Thank you so much for being so welcoming and nice ....I still feel a little lost.. but not alone :)

It's very hard to tell you how many puffs on an e-cig equal one analog cigarette because you can buy the juice in many different strengths. Most people find that the higher the nicotine concentration, the better the throat hit, but the key for you is to find your own sweet spot. You're only going to do that by trial and error. You need to choose a few flavors and maybe a couple different strengths and experiment a little, and then listen to what your body and brain tell you. If you're not familiar with direct dripping, WATCH THIS VIDEO and maybe a few of the others in the video section. I don't really know what to say about "cheap" juice. One 10 ml. bottle of VT juice is less than $10 and lasts me about a week. I think that's pretty inexpensive, especially considering the price of cigarettes these days. Good luck!

Edited by SmokinHammer

You've gotten lots of great advice so far

Here's my 2 cents. I like leaving my unit standing upright so the left over juice drains to the atty bowl for 1 or 2 REALLY GREAT hits in the morning.

As for low price juice I have never been dissapointed getting it here. http://shop.rockymountainvapor.com/category.sc?categoryId=22

Welcome and good luck

for juice just check under the suppliers tab at the top of the page. Jeffery at wordup has a great deal for starters.

5 - 5ml bottles for about 20 bucks so you can order different flavors and see what you like the best...good luck

Lynn

for juice just check under the suppliers tab at the top of the page. Jeffery at wordup has a great deal for starters.

5 - 5ml bottles for about 20 bucks so you can order different flavors and see what you like the best...good luck

Lynn

Thanks Lynn! That sounds perfect !

Once you survive the learning curve, everything gets easier. Questions? ask, ask, ask. We all want you to succeed. we had those before us to help us along the way. I love my 510.

Liquids--my personal favorites are VT store (grape soda)

http://www.liberty-flights.com/products.asp

http://shop.rockymountainvapor.com/main.sc

all three of these have great prices, 10ml bottles (great for figuring out what flavors you like) and great customer service.

Happy Vaping

You guys rock!!! Thanks so much for all your suggestion and advice. I cant wait to get to know you all.

You know what? That just made me feel good. Thanks! And I didn't even help. ;)

One thing that others have mentioned kind of in passing is to buy juice in small quantities until you find out what you like. One of the big surprises for me was that - vaping doesn't have to taste like smoke! :D That sent me off on a wild juice ride that's still going on. I found that I really like 555 for a tobacco flavor, and many fruit flavors after that. Soon I'll be trying some weird stuff like mocha and cheescake. That sounds weird, but I bet it's going to vape great! Vaping is so different from smoking that you're just going to be blown away.

And just think - some day you might start mixing your own flavors and discover your nirvana all-day vape. It happens. You're in for a real joyride. Oh - like everyone else let me point out, we love questions! We all had them, still have them and probably always will. There is so much opportunity in vaping that it would be very hard to exhaust all the possibilities. Have fun and vape on!

PS - don't worry about having a couple analogs if the mailman is dragging his feet getting your juice order to you. Waiting on the mailman is just part of the "fun." :D You'll see.