The Essentials

Sarge

I am new to vaping and have a 510 kit with the 2 batts, 2 atomizers, filters, and some juice. Also purchased a cheapy pass through. I have found myself to be a very heavy vapor almost constant during my awake hours. My question for you seasoned pros is what should I always make sure I have on hand? By that I mean, how many batts, atomizer and so forth to keep my vaping up and running.

Thanks

Well Sarge, i guess that would depend on how much in a day you are on the go. Im a heavy vaper myself and when i used to use my 510 starter kit i would rip through a fully charged battery in 1hr 30mins. So depending on how long you will be out for depends on the amount of batteries to carry. My advice is to check out some of the bigger battery mods for more battery life. Other then that i just throw a bottle of juice in my pocket and i keep a charger in my car, home, work. Atomizers i wouldnt worry about unless your going on a lengthy trip, but its always nice to keep one close by in case the worst happens. ;)

Edited by Sinikal

Hey Sarge, I've always been a big proponent of having plenty of back-ups. When you can afford it get yourself a few extra attys and maybe some mega batts (last 3-4 hours as opposed to the 1-1/2 to 2 you get out of a normal 510. Also extra juice is always a good thing. I have a feeling if you're like the rest of us, you'll soon become a collector of PVs.

I agree with Sinikal. However, first things first - start getting some backups. If you're going to stay with the 510 batteries, get a few more and also a few atty's. If you want longer battery life start looking at mods (VP2, Spade, eGo, etc).

Darnit Mark - you beat me to the backups.

Edited by Brian

Well Sarge, i guess that would depend on how much in a day you are on the go. Im a heavy vaper myself and when i used to use my 510 starter kit i would rip through a fully charged battery in 1hr 30mins. So depending on how long you will be out for depends on the amount of batteries to carry. My advice is to check out some of the bigger battery mods for more battery life. Other then that i just throw a bottle of juice in my pocket and i keep a charger in my car, home, work. Atomizers i wouldnt worry about unless your going on a lengthy trip, but its always nice to keep one close by in case the worst happens. ;)

Thanks for that info. But I was wondering how many batts and atomizers and what not I should keep on hand so I won't worry about down time by needing to order stuff?

Thanks

Thanks for that info. But I was wondering how many batts and atomizers and what not I should keep on hand so I won't worry about down time by needing to order stuff?

Thanks

Well that's going to open up a can of worms.

My stock answer is to have backups for your backups, backups. Never enough backups. But, for an answer, I would want to have at least 4 batteries. If you only have 2 and one quits, you'll be waiting on one to charge and that's no good. That's when you'd probably resort back to analogs. I'd also suggest having 4 attys. I've had 2 quit at the same time, so just to be safe, I'd say 4. Even if all you need to do is clean a couple of attys, it takes time for them to dry and be ready to use again. I'd also have at least 2 bottles of juice. When one is empty, that's when I'd order again. That way you'll have one on the way long before the second one is going empty. You don't want to get caught being low on juice and then have a delay in the mail or something. It may sound like overkill, but my biggest fear was always having to resort back to analogs. I don't think that's an option for me any more, but if I ran out of something now, I'd be pulling my hair out until I got new supplies in. I have a lot more backups than mentioned here, and sometimes still don't think that's enough. But then I like to be prepared. :innocent:

Hello again Sarge. I would have to agree with nana.You can never really have too many backups.

I would say about a half dozen of both atty's and batts and a few bottles of juice should hold you for the time being until you start looking into all the crazy mods out there. Also, Cignot has a battery charger that will hold 10 510 batteries at a time so you dont have to keep swaping out every 30 mins.

As always..keep asking around, someone is always here to help.

See ya on the short bus!!!

Edited by snubber

Can't really give you the answer to your question,it all depends on how heavy you vape.My wife goes to work with 3 510 batteries and does ok,I took 7 mega batteries to work and even with one charging at all times Icame home with 3-4 batteries in need of a charge.An atty lasts my wife 2 months,I get 2-3 weeks.10 ml of juice lasts my wife a week,I'm lucky to go 3 days. You arn't going to know what you need untill you get going.

I would start with 3-4 batteries and 3 atties, and several bottles of juice.you always want to have a fresh atty in case 1 fries.batteries will charge in an hour or 2,but attys take 2-3 days for delivery,same with juice.I always order juice when I'm down to 2 10 ml bottles,so I get more before I run out.

Well Sarge, I better add my 2 cents. Since you're a heavy vaper, I'd suggest starting to check out big-batt mods now. Some that come immediately to mind are eGo, VP2, Silver Bullet, Super Six. There are many, many others. I routinely get 8-9 hours or more vaping on my VP2, and I'm a pretty steady vaper.

And these good folks talking about backup attys and batteries are right on; you can't have too many spares. Trying to get fully stocked up immediately might be daunting, but it's relatively easy to plan some stock-up purchases for paydays. Just spending the amount of money you would have spent on analogs for vaping supplies will get you set up pretty quickly.

One other note. There's always the risk that the FDA will step in and supplies of e liquid will dry up for a time while they sort out how they're going to regulate this, and the various tax agencies determine how they're going to get their slice of the pie. With that in mind, I'm making a concerted effort to get at least a one-year supply of juice on hand. That is not easy! I keep vaping the stuff. ;)

Thanks

Always have plenty of backups. If you're like me, there is no where to buy locally and everything comes from the Internet. I was always a panic smoker. If I ran short of analogs, that's all I could think about until I could get more. I'm the same with my Ecig and juice. I started with three starter kits and lots of juice on hand. I sure haven't saved any money, but in two weeks, I've stocked up enough batteries, attomizers,juice and flavors to last for months, just in case.

:pc: