Tornado Question.

Bkrebbs

I'm thinking of getting a tornado from totally wicked. Does it use the same attys as my 510? Can i use the same charger as my 510? Is there realy any benifit to it over the 510? Let me know what you think. Thanks alot.

The Tornado is the same thing as a Janty eGo. It does use the 510 atty. As I understand, you can't use the 510 charge with the ego batteries, but I think TW has an adapter that will let you do that. The big advantage is that the batteries are 650mah so they will last you for a very long time (I've heard reports of 8+ hours and better). The downside is that the batteries are more expensive to replace. Everyone that has an eGo seems to love it - haven't heard any complaints yet.

Edited by Brian

Yes, the tornado and the eGo are the same thing. And yes, you need the adapter to use the regular 510 charger for the eGO/tornado battery. The batteries are about twice as much as the regular 510 batteries, but they last more than twice as long. Where I only get about 2 hours out of a regular 510 battery, I get a minimum of 6 hours from my eGo battery. I've gotten more than 8 hours from one, too, and others have reported more than that. So, for me, the extra cost is worth it. Plus, if I don't have to replace them as often, the price evens out over the long run...or could actually make it a better deal. I haven't had the eGo long enough to prove it for myself yet, but I just love the thing. It's great. I think the benefit over the regular 510 is the battery life and for me, it is really worth it. Oh, the vapor production is awesome, too!

I agree with Nana. I love my Ego. The only complaint I had with the 510 was the battery life (1-1/2 to 2 hour for the regular batt/ 3-4 hours with the mega batt). I am a heavy vapor and my Ego batts last about 8 hours.

Just got my Tornado/ego today,the first battery lasted around 4 hours of really heavy vaping(I mean really heavy,I was testing it)My average on a 510 batt was around 1 hour,a regular 510 around 30 min.I got this because of the reports of really long batt life,in my admitted very limited experance the battery life is very good but,not what I expected.I'll let the batteries charge overnight and will let you know if the battery life is better tomorrow or Sat depending on my paperwork load tomorrow.

What about other options? I'm sure this questions have been asked but Is the tornado my only big upgrade from the 510? Dont get me wrong i love my 510 it has been a HUGE upgrade from greensmoke but... well better is better. So what are my options for more vapor, better liquid dlivery, longer lasting atty and battery. The only thing that i realy would like is to be able to use one of those multi battery chargers for my 510 and whichever upgrade i get.

What about other options? I'm sure this questions have been asked but Is the tornado my only big upgrade from the 510? Dont get me wrong i love my 510 it has been a HUGE upgrade from greensmoke but... well better is better. So what are my options for more vapor, better liquid dlivery, longer lasting atty and battery. The only thing that i realy would like is to be able to use one of those multi battery chargers for my 510 and whichever upgrade i get.

There are a lot of battery mods for the 510 atty. I have a two Spades and a VP2. These units use protected rechargable batteries. You should have a look around at them. In the end it'll all come down to personal preference as to what size and how it looks. You can see the VP1 and VP2 at vaprlife, and the Spade is at the VT store. I have a VP2 and the battery lasts me 8+ hours of pretty heavy vaping. There's also the silver bullet at altsmokes, the chuck... and many others.