Vg And Distilled Water

gary

Because it's so thick the drops are much larger than other mix components. That's my interest. I've also noticed that juice freezes very easily, which suggests to me that commercial liquids include at least some water.

I am interested in this topic too. I have some thick juice that works well but there are advantages for a thinner mixture. I just picked up some E.C. and distilled water is easy to get. Are there any advantages using H2O? I would think it would help the vapor. How about everclear? Does it really improve TH if so how much should I use. It wouldn't take too much of either of these to thin things out a bit but which one, or both? I think it's hard to get clouds of vapor and great TH at the same time but I know it's possible. Vapor Talk juices are pretty good for both especially after I add a couple drops of VG

Mike I'm trying to get a handle on that too. I used a bit of Everclear while mixing last night and didn't get a lot of action. I didn't use much though, 4 drops EC in 2.5ml. I think doubling that might do something, which I'm probably going to test this evening. ;) I don't bring Everclear to work... :D

On a related note, would alcohol evaporate in a small plastic bottle? Can juice with alcohol in it be stored successfully?

Mike I'm trying to get a handle on that too. I used a bit of Everclear while mixing last night and didn't get a lot of action. I didn't use much though, 4 drops EC in 2.5ml. I think doubling that might do something, which I'm probably going to test this evening. ;) I don't bring Everclear to work... :D

On a related note, would alcohol evaporate in a small plastic bottle? Can juice with alcohol in it be stored successfully?

I've used 100 proof vodka in the past about 5 or 6 drops in 3ml. It helps alot to thin out my mostly vg juices and it gives a slight TH. I can only get EC in Rhode Island(only 25 minutes away) but I waited till today to get it cuz I was up that way. I think EC will work better than vodka. Too much vodka gives an undesirable taste and TH. I have only just begun to experiment EC. I also belive having more pg than vg would be a step in the right direction but I need to get some plain pg. I use 100 mg pg and too much is way stronger than what I want. I did vape a mixture of 45% pg 20% pg flavoring and some 100 proof and that gave a kick! But it was over 40mg and that's way too strong for me. I just got harley 56 from halo and that juice has a great TH at only 18mg. I know I need to use more pg but there are certainly other factors that help.

For those that cut their vg with distilled water before mixing I'd like to know what % vg to distilled water. I'm going to be making some juice that will be 75% vg to 25% pg base. Thanks for any help.

[/quote/]

Gary, I haven't used water at all so I don't know for sure but if you get your vg to be the consistacy(or a little thicker) than store bought juice that should work. I've done this now with everclear and 100 proof vodka. I've also vaped without thinning it but it doesn't work as well if you use carts and may not wick as well. My common sence tells me you might get additional vapor using water and the throught hit using everclear seems minimal but might take more or less to get it right. You can do the mirror test. Put a drop of your vg/distilled h2o and a drop of store bought juice on a mirror and tip it up to see if they are the same thickness. All pg juice is thin, you don't want to go thinner than that. I prefer a little thicker. Hope this helps.

Because it's so thick the drops are much larger than other mix components. That's my interest. I've also noticed that juice freezes very easily, which suggests to me that commercial liquids include at least some water.

I have been watching this thread too. I have some supplies to experiment with mixing my own juice. I didn't know that the VG will be thick if not thinned out by the distilled water. Thanks for the info on the drop size. This is beginning to make sense now.

I have been watching this thread too. I have some supplies to experiment with mixing my own juice. I didn't know that the VG will be thick if not thinned out by the distilled water. Thanks for the info on the drop size. This is beginning to make sense now.

Also, it's important to note the rather significant viscosity difference between warm/room temperature and cold glycerine mixes. I always recommend that our customers only refill using room temp liquid, say from a sample bottle, while using the fridge for long term storage for precisely this reason. In other words, if you make the mix thin enough to use when cold, it will be really thin (thin enough to leak) at room temp.

Also, it's important to note the rather significant viscosity difference between warm/room temperature and cold glycerine mixes. I always recommend that our customers only refill using room temp liquid, say from a sample bottle, while using the fridge for long term storage for precisely this reason. In other words, if you make the mix thin enough to use when cold, it will be really thin (thin enough to leak) at room temp.

I really appreciate you sharing your experience. You're my hero for today. ;)

Thank you for the information. I will keep that in mind also. I use to store my juice in the fridge but have moved it to a cupboard in my kitchen.

Edited by BirdDog

Well I just made my first juice using 60% vg to 40% pg, used the tasty puff juicy fruit flavoring. Huge plumes of vapor with the juicy fruit gum flavor. I didn't cut the vg with distilled water, the pg thinned it out some, it was still somewhat thick but I'm loving the vapor production and taste.

• 1 month later...

Yep, that's about the proportion of VG I've been using too, but really bumping up the flavor. Since flavoring is generally PG-based, it seems to add about the right amount. Gary, I don't thin the VG either, for the same reason you mentioned.

• 4 weeks later...