Battery Bad Luck?

OK I posted my 1st problem on someone else's thread titled "10440 Batteries" under Vapor Talk Store, The Supporting Suppliers Forum. I'll just do a quick rundown of the situation. Basicly one of my batteries 'lost' the tiny metal piece that sticks onto the positive end of the battery. Apparently if that happens your battery is no longer 'Protected'. Alright, that sux but **** happens so, meh; I ordered plenty more batteries from Vaprlife. But thats NOT why i'm posting battery issues once again....

This today is day number 2 since receiving my Spade kit. I've continued to alternate batteries in & out regardless of the now 'Unprotected' broken battery. One battery solo just isn't enough juice. I'll live with any consequences if they should arise... whatever..

So today I put my GOOD 'Protected' battery in the charger & passed out asleep. Woke up to find that a family member unplugged the charger, while I was asleep, cause the light was 'green' - fully charged. I put the GOOD fully 'Protected' & charged battery in w/o the atty on. Tested the power, lights up so attached the atty, fired it up and ........ nothing.... No Purple LED, No Heat, No Power...... nothing. Confused, cuz I just got done testing it for power w/o the atty attached, I plugged it back into the charger. The charger shows a 'green' light... wtf ...put the thing back into the Spade & it lights the LED back up. At that point my head was spinning. Attached the atty once more thinking I must be hallucinating! Once again... nothing...... Apparently the GOOD 'Protected' fully charged battery is strong enough to light up my Purple LED's but soon as I tighten the atty closer into place, nothing works. Ughhhhhhhh

As it stands I now have 1 'Unprotected' battery ready at any minute to go 'KaBoooooom' & the OTHER 'Protected' battery unable to supply enough juice to heat my atty, wonderful! So now the question is: Is this ALL some form of 'bad luck' OR has anyone here had any battery issues relatively similar?

P.S. - To be perfectly honest this is the type of BS that has kept me returning back to analogs since I stumbled upon the E-Cig almost 2mths ago and its all extremely disheartening. :(

Edited by AKs0n

After messing w/ this battery a little more, i'ma have just call it a defective battery and leave it as that. It worked perfectly 2 or 3 times & now it's acting as if it's no longer a 3.7V battery but something of a considerably less voltage. ( Lights my LEDS but not w/ atty attached ) I'll just hope for better luck w/ my batteries soon to be otw, if not alrdy. :)

P.S. - Chris if you read this. NO I don't want you to mail me any replacements! LOL I'll just thank you & respectfuly decline your offer in advance, they're only batteries. :)

After messing w/ this battery a little more, i'ma have just call it a defective battery and leave it as that. It worked perfectly 2 or 3 times & now it's acting as if it's no longer a 3.7V battery but something of a considerably less voltage. ( Lights my LEDS but not w/ atty attached ) I'll just hope for better luck w/ my batteries soon to be otw, if not alrdy. :)

P.S. - Chris if you read this. NO I don't want you to mail me any replacements! LOL I'll just thank you & respectfuly decline your offer in advance, they're only batteries. :)

That charger can be a little tricky with 10440 batteries. There have been multiple threads on it. Sometimes you have to fiddle with it to get it to turn red when you put in a dead battery. I usually put the battery in and then turn the battery a little until it goes red. May be something look at... make sure the battery is really charging.

Edited by Brian

That charger can be a little tricky with 10440 batteries. There have been multiple threads on it. Sometimes you have to fiddle with it to get it to turn red when you put in a dead battery. I usually put the battery in and then turn the battery a little until it goes red. May be something look at... make sure the battery is really charging.

In a way this almost sounds like the "center post" issue, at least with your second battery. Try not tightening the atty down as much - I know that seems counter-intuitive, but if it works then you'll know it's not the battery. Tighten just enough to make contact. Sometimes the center post gets depressed in the device and attys no longer make a proper connection. Worth a try. I always leave my attys "rattling" around on my PVs, just to be sure I don't move the center post. So far, no problems. <knocks wood>

Well it could be one of two things, either you tightening the atomizer to hard and causing the center poll to twist (although it usually takes quite some time to wear the center poll down that much) or you really have had bad luck with the batteries. One of the only issues we have with the spade is the batteries, which are created in china. We'd love to purchase American 3.6 volt batteries but they just don't make them. (That I'm aware of) So we're stuck ordering these things from China. The quality control is something to be desired.

I usually send customers to battery junction for more batteries (http://www.batteryjunction.com/) but they are currently offline, once they do come back online I suggest purchasing some 10440 from them, they're pretty inexpensive. Once we get some batteries back in stock, whether you like it or not, we're going to send your some replacements :D

Keep us posted on how the new batteries work, if they don't and there is something wrong with your spade let me know and we'll ship you out a new one asap. :)

EDIT:

Here is a link to correctly charge the batteries as well just in case: http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/3455-vp-charger/

Yea I read all that thoroughly. Even those 'pics' I saw, which were very useful. So far I been using the 'Unprotected' battery solo and... no explosions YET w00t! :D

J/K - I have been using & recharging that one with no problems. I was joking bout the exploding part. After a little more digging, it seems to be only the CR2's that go 'BOOM'.

Still feel like i'm staring down the barrel of a loaded pistol tho lol but... I'm sure plenty of other ppl have used 'Unprotected' 10440 batteries & no problems of that type w/ that

particular battery. I'm def gonna give your advice a shot tho, thx. :)

Edited by AKs0n

Yea I read all that thoroughly. Even those 'pics' I saw, which were very useful. So far I been using the 'Unprotected' battery solo and... no explosions YET w00t! :D

J/K - I have been using & recharging that one with no problems. I was joking bout the exploding part. After a little more digging, it seems to be only the CR2's that go 'BOOM'.

Still feel like i'm staring down the barrel of a loaded pistol but... lol ...I'm sure plenty of other ppl have used 'Unprotected' 10440 batteries & no problems of that type w/ that

particular battery. I'm def gonna give your advice a shot tho, thx. :)

Since the Spade is vented it would probably just scare you a little. :)

Thank you Dave & Chris as well. I appreciate everyone's response. I'm not really a center post/pole expert but I know I heard Grimmgreen or some other person speaking bout that. I'll see what kinda info ( preferably video ) I can dig up. lol Thx again guys.

:)