Battery Mods(progress)

Just a few mods I have in progress

dsc01005u.th.jpg

Just a case made from the foam that came in the box and an old glasses case

dsc01002r.th.jpg

Left: removed the ash tip to see the gizmos inside, going to replace orange led with super bright blue one and do a hot glue ash tip, also going to sand down and paint matte black

Middle: Polished off paint(Scott's idea) and polished down tip to make smoother and sleeker looking

Right: Standard battery, not changing, just for comparison

dsc01003kgn.th.jpg

front view for better look at inside left battery, little plastic thing in front of it on the desk is the blue led that i have to manage to solder into that thing(wish me luck)

will be posting more when i get around to finishing them

Edited by Genet1c

I like the case, nice job man.

Now what would be cool is if you could figure out a way to stop juice from getting inside the battery compartment without cutting off the draw.

The biggest issue with ecigs at the moment is the batteries crapping out. Usually do to either a crappy battery inside to begin with or juice getting inside the compartment and clogging up the switch.

ive just been makin sure that the atomizer's outside casing stays dry, and only the heating element gets the juice. I just wipe it off with a tissue if i get some on the casing. Works for now. Just hope it doesnt die in the future, im really tryin to take good care of these things

Well no matter what you do, eventually the liquid WILL make it's way into the battery. You'll notice when you take a draw that the light will start to flicker.

The only way the manufactures have figured out to stop this so far is the manual switch batteries. (The hole is covered) We are supposed to get a start kit from Parked over at Dietsmokes.com that contains a manual switch in the kit, we'll let you know how well it works once we get it.

Your welcome :)

I also hear there is no cut off time which = Massive vapor, not 100% sure on that though

I don't think there is a cutoff with any type of manual batteries. Kissbox? I dunno. :)

Edited by tpboles

I'm not really sure to be honest.

I almost purchased a KissBox set however I heard complaints of a "burning taste" and bad vapor production after a few days.

To bad because the set really looked good

yup yup sadly almost everything I have heard about jany is there stuff works great for about 2 weeks then it goes to crap.