Re-Filling 510 Carts

Bkrebbs

What should i use to refill my 510 carts? I mean the fluffy stuff. Polyfill... what is it? where do i buy it? Ive seen youtube videos of poeple using teabags and aquarium water polishing filters.

Also i burned through an atty. how long should one last anyway? seems like 2 weeks was quick. Do i need to clean the atty more often or am i re-filling wrong or something?

Thanks a bunch!

What should i use to refill my 510 carts? I mean the fluffy stuff. Polyfill... what is it? where do i buy it? Ive seen youtube videos of poeple using teabags and aquarium water polishing filters.

Also i burned through an atty. how long should one last anyway? seems like 2 weeks was quick. Do i need to clean the atty more often or am i re-filling wrong or something?

Thanks a bunch!

I'm by no means and expert on this and I'm sure others can help, but I'm using the Fluval aquarium filters (the white not the blue). You can get it ar PetSmart for around 6 to 8 dollars for a large box. There are videos about how to go about it and it really is quite easy. That should last for quite some time.

Also make sure you're not letting your atty run dry. That's the easiest way to burn up an atty. Once you start getting that hot burnt taste it's time to reload. I don't know if you direct drip, but if not you will find that 2 or 3 drops at a time will do the trick. Like I said look around for the videos and keep asking questions. There's always someone here to help.

Good luck and happy vaping!!!

Hey Bkrebbs and welcome to Vapor Talk. You can wash out the poly fill that came with your carts and then dry with a paper towel. I like to use fluval (the water polishing pads) for my carts when I do not direct drip. As far as the atty goes, I haven't burned one up yet. It seems like it is kinda hit & miss. Did you get a genuine joye? But 2 weeks does seem awfully short for an atty.

I usually direct drip, so don't have anything to say about the filler stuff. Two weeks does seem like a very short time for an atty. I've been vaping for 4 months and just had my first 2 attys die on me. I do rotate through 4 of them though, so they might seem like they are lasting longer than they really would if I used just one at a time. I've heard that 4 to 6 weeks is about normal though.

You might want to try blowing through the battery end of the atty and see if that works. If it's got a little too much juice in there, it might not work right. I've had that happen to me and the blowing out seems to work. If that doesn't work, you can try cleaning it. There are a lot of suggestions here on the forum for cleaning. Something like that may work, too. I tried several different methods on the 2 attys I have that quit, but none of them worked. I think their time was just up. I hope you can get yours working again though, cause that is a very short time.

Good luck.

Here's a post that has links to Fluval and PTB's so you'll know what you're looking for a the store. Post #2 in the thread.

As for cleaning, all I've been doing is using a little piece of paper towel rolled up and inserted into the end of the atty. Leave it for a few hours and you'll be amazed at how much old juice gets absorbed out. Sometimes I'll replace the paper towel a few times until it stops absorbing anything. I usually have 3-4 attys in rotation... a couple in use and a couple set aside with a paper towel in them. Has worked well for me. Just be sure to add a couple of extra drops to prime the atty when you start to use it again.

I know some people think you can mess an atty up doing this... but I am ALWAYS using canned air with the little tube on it. It fits perfectly over the hole in the atty and you can TOTALLY blow all of the juice from them. I've not messed up a single atty using this method... and you wouldn't believe how much comes out of one after you blow it out onto a paper towel or kleenex. Works for me! :thumbsup:

I know some people think you can mess an atty up doing this... but I am ALWAYS using canned air with the little tube on it. It fits perfectly over the hole in the atty and you can TOTALLY blow all of the juice from them. I've not messed up a single atty using this method... and you wouldn't believe how much comes out of one after you blow it out onto a paper towel or kleenex. Works for me! :thumbsup:

I haven't heard anyone say anything about messing up an atty using canned air, but I have heard some talk of what is in canned air and the potential danger of using it on an atty and then vaping it. Don't recall the details other than it could be a problem. That's when I stopped using canned air on mine. Been a while.

I've tried the blue foam and the PTB mods. I think they are both superior to the polyfill. You don't have to top the carts off as often. Personally I like the PTB mod a little better and you get to drink the tea which is quite good when vaping.

I haven't heard anyone say anything about messing up an atty using canned air, but I have heard some talk of what is in canned air and the potential danger of using it on an atty and then vaping it. Don't recall the details other than it could be a problem. That's when I stopped using canned air on mine. Been a while.

At the rediculously small amount that I might be "injesting" I'm not too worried about it. You may be right though... but I bet it's not as bad as smoking analogs... I just don't think it's something to worry about. I mean.... I'm not huffing the stuff. :thumbsup:

At the rediculously small amount that I might be "injesting" I'm not too worried about it. You may be right though... but I bet it's not as bad as smoking analogs... I just don't think it's something to worry about. I mean.... I'm not huffing the stuff. :thumbsup:

The concern is I think they put a chemical in it to dissuade folks from huffing. Now that chemical is on your atty and you are burning and inhaling it. Probably not a big deal, just don't know.

Now that chemical is on your atty and you are burning and inhaling it. Probably not a big deal, just don't know.

I suppose it's there at some level... but I'm dang sure not worried about it killin' my brain cells. I've done all that already I'm pretty sure... :thumbsup: