Amazing Cart Mod

Brian

Found this over at ECF and really wanted everyone to see it. I made two of these today... one for a 510 and one for my 302 and they work amazingly! Totally surprised at how well it works! Darn near as good as direct dripping. Note - I used a 510 cover to make the plug for the 302/801 also.

ZFM = Zero Filler Mod.

Thanks for Scottyballs @ ECF for posting this!

ZFM Mod

And thanks Chris for letting me post this here.

Edited by Brian

I am going to give it a try this weekend but I am a little nervouse about that much liquid leaking out,I think I would keep it tip down when not in use.But that lets the condensation run to where you will get it in the mouth,darn ,catch 22.I don't have that much trouble with carts as they were designed though ,but I do like to tinker.

Found this over at ECF and really wanted everyone to see it. I made two of these today... one for a 510 and one for my 302 and they work amazingly! Totally surprised at how well it works! Darn near as good as direct dripping. Note - I used a 510 cover to make the plug for the 302/801 also.

ZFM = Zero Filler Mod.

Thanks for Scottyballs @ ECF for posting this!

ZFM Mod

And thanks Chris for letting me post this here.

NICE find Brian. I'm going to try this as soon as I get some time. :thumbsup:

On the one I made for the 510 I ended up with a hole in the center and I have had problems with it flooding if I leave it set very long. Gonna have to work on another one for it. For now, works good for heavy vaping. On the 302 I used the * cut and it works great. I left it set over-night full of juice and it did not flood. Vapes perfectly this morning.

Very intriguing Brian. Why don't you send me some 510 carts so I can give it a whirl? :D JK! I'm sure going to try that when I order carts next. Good find.

Dude - you got your 1000 posts!!! Congrats man!

On the one I made for the 510 I ended up with a hole in the center and I have had problems with it flooding if I leave it set very long. Gonna have to work on another one for it. For now, works good for heavy vaping. On the 302 I used the * cut and it works great. I left it set over-night full of juice and it did not flood. Vapes perfectly this morning.

That's interesting! But how does it "know" when it needs more juice? Does the bridge dry to a certain point then need more and just take it automatically? It seems like when you pushed the cart on and it touches the bridge, that the juice would continue to run out ? I hope not....

Found this over at ECF and really wanted everyone to see it. I made two of these today... one for a 510 and one for my 302 and they work amazingly! Totally surprised at how well it works! Darn near as good as direct dripping. Note - I used a 510 cover to make the plug for the 302/801 also. Good find Brian! I will be trying that.

Edited by Mike

This sounds like a really good idea. I figured I might as well try it, so went looking for stuff. I'd thrown away all of the caps that came with my 510 carts. I thought I had some new carts, but I didn't. And since I just melted my last (good) 810 cart, I realized I was way too low on carts and ordered some. I'll give this a try as soon as my order comes in.

Thanks for sharing your find with us, Brian. That was right nice of you. :thumbup:

I gave this a try with my 510 carts, and it works awesome! I went light on the juice in the cart, adding only 8 drops so I did not get juiced, but so far so good! I used the cross type cut in the silicone cap piece, with a tiny hole in the middle. It works better than any of the filler materials I have tried so far..

Good find Brian, and thanks!! :thumbsup:

Uma just pointed out in another thread that the guy who came up with this ida is now selling them. Seems that the H cut is the best one. I just ordered some. He's out of stock on the whole cart mod, but does have the plugs for sale.

My link

Uma just pointed out in another thread that the guy who came up with this ida is now selling them. Seems that the H cut is the best one. I just ordered some. He's out of stock on the whole cart mod, but does have the plugs for sale.

My link

What a difference a day makes!

Looks like they are back in stock and ready for sale, just ordered mine! :)

http://stealthvapor.webs.com/

What a difference a day makes!

Looks like they are back in stock and ready for sale, just ordered mine! :)

http://stealthvapor.webs.com/

Cool. Hope he starts making them for the 801 also. Would be great for my wife.

Cool. Hope he starts making them for the 801 also. Would be great for my wife.

I Just tried this, and OMG! it really works well! It took some tinkering with the measurements, 16mm straw length, made an X cut and cut out a small triangle (if you can picture it from an X)on just one side. I have a syringe, so it's easier to fill. Now I need to figure out how to cut holes in the straw....

I Just tried this, and OMG! it really works well! It took some tinkering with the measurements, 16mm straw length, made an X cut and cut out a small triangle (if you can picture it from an X)on just one side. I have a syringe, so it's easier to fill. Now I need to figure out how to cut holes in the straw....

I'm just confused as to what you are supposed to do with the straw in the whole thing...

I'm just confused as to what you are supposed to do with the straw in the whole thing...

Straw holds the plug up at the top so it doesn't just drop to the bottom.

I tried today...and um..... what i learned is.....I need new blades LMAO

What I've learned is that it's been hit and miss. One time it'll work fantastic, then the next time I get a big mess. I need to play with it some more, but have pretty much given up for now. Still, if I could get it to work every time, it would be great.

I agree DAYVAPE I don't really see anything to keep it from running all over the place.the x slit might if it is not pressed over the bridge,if it is it would just be a large hole and the liquid would just run downhill,if the bridge happens to be downhill I would think the juice would end up below the element holder.

What I've learned is that it's been hit and miss. One time it'll work fantastic, then the next time I get a big mess. I need to play with it some more, but have pretty much given up for now. Still, if I could get it to work every time, it would be great.

Hubby brought me blades and what I LEARNED is

I can't cut a straight line

OR a circle

OR anything resembling anything. LOL

back to running off for blue foam to try lmao