Cleaning Your Atimizer

VaporAssassin

Hello everyone!

I have seen and heard people say you can clean your atomizer to extend the life of it. Is it true? If so how do I clean it? I have heard I put in water and let it soak or I put it in an ultra sonic cleaner with some distilled water. What’s best? Or should I even do it? :question:

Thanks for your Help!

Alright Joseph, you've really gone and opened up a can of worms now---lol. There are many opinions on this, What I have done in the past is to use an ultrasonic cleaner w/ distilled water then blow them out with an air compressor. The other option is to let the atty drain upside down overnight on a paper towel. The third option that I ended up with (probably because I'm lazy) is to just stock up on attys and replace as necessary. The main thing to remember is if you are going to get the atty wet---make sure it is dry before putting it back to use (blow it out or use paper towel to dry it). Hope this helps. Now I'll sit back and watch all of the other opinions come in---lol.

Hello everyone!

I have seen and heard people say you can clean your atomizer to extend the life of it. Is it true? If so how do I clean it? I have heard I put in water and let it soak or I put it in an ultra sonic cleaner with some distilled water. What’s best? Or should I even do it? :question:

Thanks for your Help!

Hi Joe, I clean addy with rubbing alcohol. Let it soak in alcohol

for a couple of hours. I saw this method on U Tube video.

Remove and let dry on paper towel after blowing all liquid out

of addy. I let them dry standing on paper towel over night. I

have been very fortunate with this method, still have addy that

I purchased from Arno, four months ago.

:thumbup:

Alright Joseph, you've really gone and opened up a can of worms now---lol. There are many opinions on this, What I have done in the past is to use an ultrasonic cleaner w/ distilled water then blow them out with an air compressor. The other option is to let the atty drain upside down overnight on a paper towel. The third option that I ended up with (probably because I'm lazy) is to just stock up on attys and replace as necessary. The main thing to remember is if you are going to get the atty wet---make sure it is dry before putting it back to use (blow it out or use paper towel to dry it). Hope this helps. Now I'll sit back and watch all of the other opinions come in---lol.

Hi Mark, Sounds good."Six of one, half of dozen of another"

So far, I haven't bothered cleaning mine. I've been using the current two for about a month now. I remember feeling very paranoid about how long they were going to last when I first started vaping. Seems like I was constantly reading about atties and batteries dying after a very short period of time. I'm thinking that, at least with the 510 atties I use, as long as I stick with Joye product I'm going to do fine.

I do wonder if there is a difference in atty life depending on whether you direct drip or not. Haven't seen too much written about that.

I usually have 4 atty's that I use in rotation. Two of them usually have a piece of paper towel rolled up and inserted in the end of the atty. This will absorb out all the excess juice that builds up the bottom. I just switch them out ever couple of days.

Haven't used mine enough yet to clean, I've seen many ways from a dry burn, crest mouthwash, vodka and everclear. I think I'm going to just try boiling a little distilled water let it cool just a bit and then put a clothespin on the atty and swish it around for a few minutes in the hot water and then just set them on a paper towel to dry for at least 24 hours.

That's one of the safer ways to do it.

You'll see a lot of different suggestions...some good, some not so good.

Just remember to let it dry and then add a few drops of juice in the atty before you try using it again. Nothing kills one faster than running dry.

Good Luck!!!

My way of thinking is to just keep them as clean as possible while in use, etc. When the thing craps out... it's time for a new one. They are, afterall, "disposable parts" for a reason. If I'm done using one for a while I typically blow as much juice out of it that I can onto a kleenex... then dip a Q-tip in alcohol and clean around the threaded end of it to remove any excess juice. Store upside down until next use if you want. An average 510 atty lasts me roughly 3 to 5 weeks.

just started useing the 510 from arno tonight I have been useing the npros and had an atty come apart on me today so when will i know that i need atty maint done to it. right now i have 3 attys so i guess rotation is the key here?

I'm not quite sure what you mean about an "atty coming apart on you"... but I've not used the Npro before. I'm guessing it's an exposed atty maybe, that uses a cartomizer? Either way, the 510 atty's are fairly easy to use. When you hear it start "gurgling" it's time to take it off and blow through it backwards onto a kleenex. Then re-drip or refill and use a cart. If you aren't "direct dripping" yet, you probably will be before long. Instead of filling up a cart you just remove the fiber filler and drip 2-3 drops directly onto the atty and get several good puffs before you drip again. You'll find what works best for you eventually... this is just what most people end up doing instead of messing around with filling carts and cleaning the filler, etc.

Hello everyone!

Thanks for your Help!

Someone mentioned that isopropyl alcohol can damage the adhesives in the atomizer - but I don't have a clue if that's true. Seems it should be an epoxy, in which case alcohol won't bother it. I use very hot water and just rinse it from the cartridge side and use a soft woll felt to clean the threads, and once each week I use a fine jewlery sonic cleaner to do all the atomizers at once. READ THE REVIEWS of sonic cleaners and hunt for a gentle one for fine jewelry. I also don't know if a cemmercial or an aggressive home-use sonic cleaner could damage an atomizer, but I figure why take a chance?

The coil/wick is easy to clean - cleaning the threads by hand takes a bit more effort.

Someone mentioned that isopropyl alcohol can damage the adhesives in the atomizer - but I don't have a clue if that's true. Seems it should be an epoxy, in which case alcohol won't bother it. I use very hot water and just rinse it from the cartridge side and use a soft woll felt to clean the threads, and once each week I use a fine jewlery sonic cleaner to do all the atomizers at once. READ THE REVIEWS of sonic cleaners and hunt for a gentle one for fine jewelry. I also don't know if a cemmercial or an aggressive home-use sonic cleaner could damage an atomizer, but I figure why take a chance?

The coil/wick is easy to clean - cleaning the threads by hand takes a bit more effort.

That sounds like it works pretty well, I have one question for you, what do you use in your ultrasonic cleaner to clean the atomizers, I would think distilled water would be the way to go.

Hey Joseph

I like many have read a hundred diffent ways what I do and this has worked for me is at the kitchen sink I take and use hot water and the spray nozzle and as I run the hot water into the atty I take and blow it out into the sink as I clean it lay them on a paper towel and let dry over night this has worked for me I have atty's I got from arno back in december that Vape like new I do this bout once a month but from advise I also learned to switch through my atty's and I have like six or seven I use for my different flavors morning noon and night its more user preference than anything to cleaning but this works for me and hope it helps you plus having extra atty's is a plus always keep extras handy !

Peace and Vape On!!

Angel Cruz :innocent:

I have a question to add to this one. What about useing a pipe cleaner to clean the atty? Seems like a good idea anyway.

Well I know I'm new to all this but my thoughts are a pipe cleaner seems like it would be a little to hard for something electronic could damage the wiring. :unsure:

• 3 months later...

I am still using the atty that came with my 901. I have one back up and used it once to make sure it was not DOA. I only direct drip. I clean mine whenever it gets yucky tasting. I just run hot tap water thru it and blow it out by mouth 4 or 5 times, then reload and vape away. I've done this probably 6 or 8 times with no problems. Still working like new after 3 weeks of HEAVY use. thumbsup.gif