Flavour Art Vs Fairy's Finest

ddavelarsen

Getting ready to order some flavorings this weekend and the suppliers I'm considering for now are narrowed down to two.

Flavour Art is clearly high-rent stuff. Made in Italy and sold in the US by Liberty Flights, Flavour Art is seriously professional and scientific. At least that's the vibe I get reading their site. It seems, but this is my question, that their flavorings are highly concentrated. They're relatively pricey - about $5 for 5 ml from Liberty Flights. The site suggests percentage of flavor from .01% to .5% - which is far less than the 20% typically recommended for juice. So does anyone know whether these are to be used in the customary 20% mix or at .01 - .5% as recommended for food? I just don't know.

Fairy's Finest comes highly recommended by our own MickiO. She's made such a good case for them in Celtic's Fruity Flavors thread that they pretty much displaced the normal alternatives for me. :) But the price is very different; about $4 for 2 oz. Big difference and MickiO does suggest (IIRC) that these are used in the customary ratio.

So really, my question is whether anyone knows the proper proportion of Flavour Art flavorings to use in e-liquid?

Thanks for any ideas. Now I gotta go get a haircut. Bye!

Getting ready to order some flavorings this weekend and the suppliers I'm considering for now are narrowed down to two.

Flavour Art is clearly high-rent stuff. Made in Italy and sold in the US by Liberty Flights, Flavour Art is seriously professional and scientific. At least that's the vibe I get reading their site. It seems, but this is my question, that their flavorings are highly concentrated. They're relatively pricey - about $5 for 5 ml from Liberty Flights. The site suggests percentage of flavor from .01% to .5% - which is far less than the 20% typically recommended for juice. So does anyone know whether these are to be used in the customary 20% mix or at .01 - .5% as recommended for food? I just don't know.

Fairy's Finest comes highly recommended by our own MickiO. She's made such a good case for them in Celtic's Fruity Flavors thread that they pretty much displaced the normal alternatives for me. :) But the price is very different; about $4 for 2 oz. Big difference and MickiO does suggest (IIRC) that these are used in the customary ratio.

So really, my question is whether anyone knows the proper proportion of Flavour Art flavorings to use in e-liquid?

Thanks for any ideas. Now I gotta go get a haircut. Bye!

Sorry, I can't help you with this, I've only tried loranns, but when you find out anything please let me know.

I'd be interested in trying something new. tks.

Hi snubber; I did some reading on Liberty Flights' forum and it seems the normal usage for Flavour Art (or, as they call it, FArt) is 1-3 drops per ml. Or maybe less. Some of the flavors are apparently much stronger than others. I ordered a few and will someday post my experiences here.

I ordered a bunch of stuff today, from LF, Fairy's Finest, Tasty Puff and ENS. I'm pretty psyched; this time next week I should be vaping my first very own from-scratch DIY liquid. ;)

Hey Dave, I just started mixing my own a couple of weeks ago. The main thing I found was to add a little flavor at a time since everyones taste is different. Just start w /a small batch (3ml) and record your proportions so you can recreate it into larger batches. using 30% flavoring, I made tangerine that was great and rootbeer that tasted like :thumbsdown: . But your calculator worked wonderfully for me. Thanks and most important---have fun!!!

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you.

I've tried mixing a couple of flavors, some came out ok..others...yuck.

So keep me informed and tks again.

Thanks gents, I will. If I come up with any mixes that scale up well I'll post them here. Mostly at first though, I'm just planning to recreate the regular fruity flavors I vape, and see if I can estimate that 555 I love some much. I got two or three tobacco flavors from LF, will see how those do.

Mark, I haven't bought it yet but I've been thinking of just getting a journal to record this stuff in. It'll either be that or -- a spreadsheet! ;) I've made my own aftershave for a couple of years and just used the back of a piece of scratch paper to keep track of mixes - it's getting kind of klugey... :D

I bought a few FArt flavours and thought I would post my experiences with them. First just so you know I had up until getting the FArt flavors only used Lorann which I love BTW.

**All of these were tried using Totally Wicked's 54 mg Platinum e-liquid (very good stuff) and a 50/50 PG/VG mix to cut the nic down to ~22mg

Apple Pie - Couldn't stand it has a weird aftertaste to it hard to describe but not pleasant and didn't really give me the Apple Pie flavor I was expecting which is odd considering how many posts I saw claiming it was the best :iiam:

Strawberry - Haven't really tried this one on its own but I LOVE it in the strawberry cheesecake mix I make I use 10% strawberry and 20% Lorann Cheesecake and it comes out great with just enough of a strawberry flavor which most likely means 10% would make it taste right for me all on its own

Cherry - Once again I use this in a mix Cherry Bubblegum 10% FArt Cherry/ 20% Lorann Cheesecake and it is very good as well so it seems like its at least twice as strong as the Lorann flavors because the cherry matches the Bubblegum..

Cola - One word HORRIBLE! Took me all night to get the flavor out of my atty

Turk/USA - This one was really good with a very authentic flavor and very strong only took about 1-2% to get the right amount of flavor

Rose - This one has an interesting flavor which I kind of enjoy and it took about 10% to get enough flavor. I liked this one but I prefer more fruity flavors.

These are just my opinions and everyone has different tastes. :whistle: Hope it helps.

So from my experiments with FArts flavors I would say the more fruity flavors seem to take around ~10-15% and the tobacco flavors 1-2% possibly less than 1% for some people that don't need as much flavor.

IMHO

Thanks for the great info Icarus! From your advice, it seems like it will take more than a couple of drops for most FArt flavors. Is the amount you use similar to the amount of Lorann's? If so, it will be hard to justify the price difference.

Thanks again ~

No problem at all I had alot of trouble finding much info on FArts before I bought it

hmmm I typically need about half as much FArt flavor as Lorann so if it takes 20% Lorann flavoring it would probably take 10% FArt flavoring, not sure how that breaks down in price though.

From Lorann's website I can get 1 oz of Cheesecake flavoring for 5.50$

5 ml of FArt strawberry is 4.99$

1 oz = 29.5 ml

so for almost 6 times the volume you are only paying .50$ more from Lorann but have to use twice as much

Even with that you are still able to make 3 times the amount of e-juice for only 0.50$ more so it does seem like the FArt fruity flavors aren't worth it because you can get Strawberry from Lorann as well.

Having said that I do believe the FArt tobacco flavors are worth it and the one I tried really was excellent and only took 2 drops to flavor 5ml of ejuice. If you like tobacco flavors I would highly recommend trying some of the FArt ones because they taste great and as a bonus it will last forever since you only need a couple of drops for every 5ml of ejuice you make.

I hope this helps and hopefully I wasn't too long winded I know you just wanted to know if it was worth it :D

Thanks for the great info Icarus! From your advice, it seems like it will take more than a couple of drops for most FArt flavors. Is the amount you use similar to the amount of Lorann's? If so, it will be hard to justify the price difference.

Thanks again ~

Thanks man, that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. As it happens all my flavorings got here yesterday, and the FArt stuff I got was either tobacco or nut flavors, so I may have made the right choices without knowing what I was doing. :) That doesn't exactly happen every day. :D I'm looking forward to some experimenting this weekend!

Thanks man, that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. As it happens all my flavorings got here yesterday, and the FArt stuff I got was either tobacco or nut flavors, so I may have made the right choices without knowing what I was doing. :) That doesn't exactly happen every day. :D I'm looking forward to some experimenting this weekend!

Glad I could help :)

Considering you have 1500+ posts I imagine you have been mixing your own for a while but just in case here's a tip I wasted a few bucks ordering Lorann flavors from ecig sites when I could have just went to LorAnn's website and gotten the same thing for a heck of a lot less.

I was paying like 7.99$ for 5 1 dram(3.9ml) bottles of flavoring which is actually not a bad deal for the 1 dram bottles but once you have found flavors you like you can get 1 oz (29.5ml) bottles of flavoring from LorAnn's site for 5.50$ for most and 8$ for a few of the more special flavors and 4 oz is an even better deal at only 14$ but I haven't gotten any that big seems like it would be too much :) They also have dropper tops for the 1 dram and 1 oz bottles which work GREAT for quickly putting together mixes.

Good luck with the experiments this weekend I have a feeling you will enjoy the tobacco flavors I know I did.

P.S. Isn't it great mixing your own getting to tinker with recipes and come up with your own favs? :detective: