Vcu Researcher Says Electronic Cigarettes Don’t Deliver The Nicotine They Promise

Christopher

Interesting article. A researcher claims electronic cigarettes don't deliver as much nicotine as a cigarette, I'm wondering if it's working for us just fine why this is a bad thing.

More here:

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/business/health_med_fit/article/ECIG12_20100211-215209/323735/

OK, I don't know where to start so I'm going to keep this real short. I get so upset when I read these "studies" especially when they are lopsided toward one way or the other. Just give us all the facts.

But Eissenberg said he's concerned about comments he has seen on blogs that some e-cigarette users are "dripping," or letting liquid from the devices' cartridges fall directly onto the heating element.---------So, did he study this? Not mentioned.

While the cartridges contain 16 milligrams, they can be refilled from bottles labeled as containing 500 milligrams, or 10 times the toxic dose, he said. Don't let ddave see this, he'll go nuts thinking 100mg was the strongest---lol.

"If people are reporting what they are reporting about cravings, the data suggest it's not because of the drugs in the device," he said.-----WHAT? if that's the case, why do they need to be regulated?

Enough for now---I can feel my blood pressure starting to rise.

Altria Group, Inc. (NYSE: MO) (previously named Philip Morris Companies Inc.), based in Henrico County, Virginia, is the parent company of Philip Morris USA, John Middleton, Inc

Typical to find that a little research shows exactly who the actual funding research was done by and also the story has holes in the facts its was stated and I quote heart rates increased after smoking a cigarette..unquote ok of course they heart rqate increased it had tar and all the wonderful and harmful flavorings included in that analog so I feel so sorry for the 16 Lab rats this man found to conduct a study on WTG chris thanks for sharing this it amazes me,I sit and see the benefits daily of vaping .

someone once said that 42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Why should any of us be surprised by what they are trying to say?

It's another way for the big cig companies to prove their point that we need them and not the e-cig.

I can see what they are trying to go for here. We can't control how much nicoine we use inside our PVs. I have never saw 500mg proof e liquids. I have 60mg and I cut it down with VG to about 15mg, if I add any nicotine to my mixes at all. I see that they are trying to scare people with this article but I have faith in the human race that we are not stupid and do some reading for our self's. I think they are aiming at the non smokers, and I don't think that non smokers would, should, or even could EVER have the right no mess with my E Cig!