Strange Spade Issue...

ok, my Spade started acting up. i've only had it for a couple weeks now, and just now the buton started sticking...

i have seen other posts about sticky buttons but this was different.

the LEDs only go like "half on", kind of dim and flickering, with an audible and quite pronounced buzzing. sometimes i can get them to fully light (and not buzz) if i push the button REAL HARD. the button itself - if i can explain this right - feels soft... like whatever makes the "click" is not engaging, yet the button won't fully release when i let off of it (the LEDs go out, but i can still hear the atty cooking...

but wait, i haven't actually gotten to the odd part yet, lol...

when i remove the atty, it (the button and LEDs) work fine!

so i swapped the atty. i switched to a brand new one, still in the wrapper, that came with the Spade (Janty, not a knock off). SAME THING f-ed up LEDs, buzzing, sticky-soft button.

took that atty off - all good again. i must have clicked the button 50 times and everything looks and feels good... but only with no atty on it.

is there some magnetic issue that could be happening? that's kind of how it feels, like something is pulling on the button from the inside... if that makes sense. the button will be sticking and as soon as i unscrew the atty it will release (and stop buzzing). w-w-w-wtf???

by the way... all contacts are juice free and clean, fresh battery, new atty...

all the common solutions have already been tried.

I have the same problem with my vp2. I hit the button the other day and it made a louder click than normal and the button hasnt clicked right ever since then and the lights are all weird and dim. I was checking it with a volt meter and the power isnt very consistant.

I had the same exact issue with my VP2 and I thought it was a switch problem but I discovered the problem was a tiny amount of juice in the outer ring of the atomizer connector. I didn't even know it was there until I use a magnifying glass. I cleaned it out with a tissue wrapped around a toothpick and it's working fine now. Jeso said you could also dip the connector in alcohol to clean it out.

Sounds like there could be an issue with the center poll. I'm not sure if you purchased the spade from VT or DS but I would send in a ticket so the unit can be sent out for repair. :)

i did. i sent the exact same post to DS's ticket system. i was mainly posting (here) to see if it was a common problem with a simple solition that i may not know about.

however, i also sent a ticket in on friday and monday for a different order and have yet to receive a reply. i think Parked it punishing me for criticizing DS (in a thread that miraculously disappeared yesterday, lol).

my VP PT hasn't arrived yet (and no ETA or info about it other than it is being shipped directly from Vaprlife) and now my Spade is acting up...

so after several hundred dollars in orders over the past 2 weeks... i am about to me PV-less once again.

kind of sucks.

plus... with the weekend coming, and a blizzard in full effect, it's not looking good for me as far as getting any kind of resolution before i cave and buy a pack of smokes. :(

ok, my Spade started acting up. i've only had it for a couple weeks now, and just now the buton started sticking...

i have seen other posts about sticky buttons but this was different.

the LEDs only go like "half on", kind of dim and flickering, with an audible and quite pronounced buzzing. sometimes i can get them to fully light (and not buzz) if i push the button REAL HARD. the button itself - if i can explain this right - feels soft... like whatever makes the "click" is not engaging, yet the button won't fully release when i let off of it (the LEDs go out, but i can still hear the atty cooking...

but wait, i haven't actually gotten to the odd part yet, lol...

when i remove the atty, it (the button and LEDs) work fine!

so i swapped the atty. i switched to a brand new one, still in the wrapper, that came with the Spade (Janty, not a knock off). SAME THING f-ed up LEDs, buzzing, sticky-soft button.

took that atty off - all good again. i must have clicked the button 50 times and everything looks and feels good... but only with no atty on it.

is there some magnetic issue that could be happening? that's kind of how it feels, like something is pulling on the button from the inside... if that makes sense. the button will be sticking and as soon as i unscrew the atty it will release (and stop buzzing). w-w-w-wtf???

by the way... all contacts are juice free and clean, fresh battery, new atty...

all the common solutions have already been tried.

I've been thinking of ordering a spade and VT/PT myself, but I've been hearing alot of issues lately. Let us know what the outcome is. Really need answers befor I order either one..Thanks

I thought my VP2 was fixed after I cleaned the atomizer fitting but later today it started acting up again. What's strange about is if I screw the atty on and off several times it will start working again for awhile. It will work for a couple or more hours and then start acting up. Then I screw the atty on and off a few more times and it will work for a couple more hours and then quit. I wrote to Jeso about it and I'm waiting for his reply. I'm hoping I don't have to send it in because I don't want to be without it.

There are about 300 + spades floating around and only a very few actually have issues, all of which are covered under warranty :)

Chris.

The button on my Spade also feels a little soft sometimes and I was wondering if spraying some circuit card cleaning spray would do the trick. I think juice is getting in there. You just can't help getting juice everywhere when your playing around between dripping and carting. At least I can't.LOL

The spray doesn't leave any residue and I use it cleaning circuit cards and hookswitches on phones and never have an issue.

I got my VP2 working again. I soaked the head of the VP2 in Everclear for 5 minutes and then let it drain overnight upside down. My guess is somehow a small amount of juice got into the center pole and was causing all the problems, so I turned the VP2 upside down in a shot glass and filled it with Everclear up to the light holes and that cleaned the center pole out. It's been working great for a day so far. :thumbsup:

I got my VP2 working again. I soaked the head of the VP2 in Everclear for 5 minutes and then let it drain overnight upside down. My guess is somehow a small amount of juice got into the center pole and was causing all the problems, so I turned the VP2 upside down in a shot glass and filled it with Everclear up to the light holes and that cleaned the center pole out. It's been working great for a day so far. :thumbsup:

That's some good information to have. I've had my VP2 for a couple of weeks so far and haven't had issues. But maybe I just haven't had it long enough for the juice to build up and cause problems. May be a good idea for me to clean the head of it to keep from having that happen! Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

Mine was only a couple weeks old at the time and somehow some juice dripped down the center pole. I'm guessing it happened from overfilling carts and not blowing the atty out enough. Excess juice dripped down from the atty into the pole. I learned my lesson and blow out the atty 2 or 3 times a day now. It's been working great since. :thumbup:

just thought i would update. i would highly suggest you all contact Vaprlife (or Chris if you got it from VT) if you are having issues with your VP/Spade units.

they took care of my repair and were extremely helpful and responded to emails within hours, if not less.

i express mailed it to them on Tuesday afternoon, they received and repaired it on Wednesday, and i had a tracking number on Thursday. it should be in my hands tomorrow. i mean... seriously.... that's service.

Edited by Stirfry