Atomizer Failure Pictures

Vacker1229

What about simple green? Isn't that stuff safe enough to drink supposedly. Obviously this is just an idea, and drinking it would be stupid. But maybe a rinse with water after? Simple green has worked miracles on all kinds of stuff for me.

--Jason--

What about simple green? Isn't that stuff safe enough to drink supposedly. Obviously this is just an idea, and drinking it would be stupid. But maybe a rinse with water after? Simple green has worked miracles on all kinds of stuff for me.

--Jason--

Oh, I tried Coca Cola a while back because I saw it recommended a long time ago somewhere, and dont waste the time. Didn't do anything. As a matter of fact the atomizer is not performing as well as it did before.

--Jason--

The problem with Simple Green or anything else potentially toxic isn't what it gets off completely, but rather that it may continually stick to something it has only partially removed. Then the atomizer heats up, melts that Simple Green infused PG and you may have a problem.

The weird thing is that PG, in and of itself, is supposed to be a very mild solvent. So why would it clog up the atomizer? I am wondering if it is the flavorings or nicotine that is clogging it up, because finding that out could tell us what to use to clean it -- and maybe how to prevent it.

I think it's the flavor itself but I'm not certain. I just purchased an ultra sonic cleaner from Amazon which I already mentioned on a few other posts. It should be here early next week, fingers crossed this method might work. I talked to a few suppliers and they have all said that the Ultra Sonic cleaner keeps atomizers going for as long as 2-3 months as if new. (Jeso from Vaprlife has had good luck with this as well but he is using a $200 cleaner, I'm getting a $20 cleaner that users have already had good luck with)

I'll keep you posted on how well it actually works

I think it's the flavor itself but I'm not certain. I just purchased an ultra sonic cleaner from Amazon which I already mentioned on a few other posts. It should be here early next week, fingers crossed this method might work. I talked to a few suppliers and they have all said that the Ultra Sonic cleaner keeps atomizers going for as long as 2-3 months as if new. (Jeso from Vaprlife has had good luck with this as well but he is using a $200 cleaner, I'm getting a $20 cleaner that users have already had good luck with)

I'll keep you posted on how well it actually works

Will be curious about the ultrasonic jewelry cleaner's effectiveness as it essentially "shakes" the gunk off.

I talked to husband -- the Engineer-- about his potential solutions.

His solution was steam at the right pressure. If the pressure is too low it won't work, if it's too high it might damage the atomizer. But if the steam was just right, it should remove all the gunk, and if dried properly it could theoretically keep the atomizer going indefinitely.

I also asked him about chemical solutions to the problem -- his education was actually as a chemical engineer. He said that if lemon juice or vinegar didn't work, he wouldn't try much of anything else (other than maybe everclear, if you could get your hands on it.) Because even cleaners labeled "non-toxic", are not meant for that kind of use -- and "non-toxic" at room temperature doesn't mean that they are non-toxic when heated & inhaled (even in minute quantities) as they would be in a vaporizer.

Well I can tell you he is right about the steamer. I used to have a steamer for my suits that I used and I tried it on my old atomizers. It worked pretty well, but my steamer broke :(

Not looking to buy another one anytime soon.

If anyone has a tea kettle, a pair of tongs and some canned air to blow it completely dry afterward, it might be worth a try.

Next gung-uped atomizer, I'll try it.

• 4 weeks later...

The problem with Simple Green or anything else potentially toxic isn't what it gets off completely, but rather that it may continually stick to something it has only partially removed. Then the atomizer heats up, melts that Simple Green infused PG and you may have a problem.

The weird thing is that PG, in and of itself, is supposed to be a very mild solvent. So why would it clog up the atomizer? I am wondering if it is the flavorings or nicotine that is clogging it up, because finding that out could tell us what to use to clean it -- and maybe how to prevent it.

Some people say its possibly toxic. The reason I thought of simple green is because the owner of the company actually used to ingest all the time to prove the market how safe his product really is. :lol: The guy is still alive and well. The world may never know. Now that is someone that really believes in their product! :iiam:

• 7 months later...

i give mine an isopropyl alcohol soak, followed by a soaking in water to remove the alcohol. Then, blow it out with pressurized air from the ionized air guns at work, followed by a bake out at 100C for 30 mins or so. alcohol/water is always brown when finished, so SOMETHING is happening during the soak.

Might have to give the ultrasonic cleaner a try as well, bought one for my wife so we didn't have to go to the jewelers every month for a cleaning.

I have one of those ultrasonic cleaners and have tried all sorts of liquid in it to try and clean some attys.

Mouthwash, vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, coffee pot cleaner, and so far nothing has done a great job. Got some of it out but nothing to write home about. Saw something about some cleaner that they use to clean pop-corn kettles with, thinking about giving it a try.