Help With My Ego

I have a Janty eGo. I have had it for almost 2 months. This past week my atties sometime works and some times they don't. They all work on my Valcano and my VP1. I cleaned the atties and that didn't work. I cleaned the eGo threads that the attie goes into and that didn't work. I unscrew the attie and slowly screw it back in, lestining for the attie to fire and that didn't work. The eGo works when it wants to and that don't work for me. I also tried charging them befor the light flashes. And that didn't work. I am stumped. Any help for me out there?

Well since your atty's are working on your other units thats not the problem. I have heard Janty had issues with the chargers, maybe the batts aren't charging properly. I would go to Janty and ask them to resolve the issue.

One last idea DasBeanz, take a paper clip and put it in the center post hole of the battery. very slightly pry up on the center post. The issue may be that over time the atty will press down on the center pole and ultimately you wont have a good connection from the batt to the atty. Its worth a try.

One last idea DasBeanz, take a paper clip and put it in the center post hole of the battery. very slightly pry up on the center post. The issue may be that over time the atty will press down on the center pole and ultimately you wont have a good connection from the batt to the atty. Its worth a try.

That was the problem, thanks. I took some aluminum foil and used it to make a better connection to the center of the attie.

DasBeanz....

For the eGo, you should use a fresh atomizer, and not use it with any other e-cig or mod. The reason for this is that once you use an atomizer with the eGo, something in its connecting part becomes "modded" with the eGo. If you use it with another e-cig or mod, that "modded" change will not gel back with the eGo.

That was the problem, thanks. I took some aluminum foil and used it to make a better connection to the center of the attie.

Nice save jeffb.

Good idea with the foil.

I think just about anything can be resolved on this sie :thumbsup:

Jeff, this sounds like what might be going on with my VP2, too. My problem is I'm so afraid of ruining it that I hate to try anything like this without knowing a bit more. Does anyone have any pictures that might help me?

• 2 weeks later...

How or what did you do with the aluminum foil to make a better connection?

I took a small pice of foil and rolled it up into a long pice. I pushed half of it into the hole of the attie then wadded up the other end. I took caution so that I was not pushing it into the attie too far. I didn't want it to come close to the heater in the attie. And when I wadded up the other end I was making sure that it would not spread out too far and short out the connection between the battery and the attie. It took me a few tries, but it works good.