Daily Routine Maintenance For Joye 510

Wannavape

I've had my Joye 510 for about a week now and would like to know what some of you do on a daily basis to maintain it. In the directions it says to clean the various parts with a tissue dipped in purified un-perfumed alcohol. What the heck is that? It also says to remove the cartridge at night and put the atomizer on a dry rack. Do any of you do that? I'm so addicted to cigs that I want one on the nightstand right next to my bed so that it'll be ready to light up first thing in the morning. Would it be a good idea to swap atomizers (I have 2)each day so that I can have one disassembled each night like the directions say? Or would it be better to use one atomizer only until such time that it poops completely out and not bother to disassemble it at all? I've ordered two spare attys plus a spare battery, so I should be able to have one ready to go at all times, that is, if it's ok to leave it assembled during the night.

An unrelated question: How do you go about putting the wadding back into the cartridge when you do a refill? I make a god-awful mess and get that juice all over the countertop and myself. I tried using tweezers, but I always wind up putting it back with my fingers. Yuck! Do you drip the liquid right onto the wadding when you take it out, or is it better to put the semi-dry wadding back into a half filled cartridge?

I've also noticed something: When the atty starts to dry out, I get that burned taste, so sometimes I just top off the cart with a couple of drops of juice or just direct drip it onto the atty. That works for a few drags but has to be repeated so often that it becomes aggravating. So I'll finally decide to take the wadding out to do a refill only to find that the wadding is still pretty well saturated and gooshy. Why isn't the liquid wicking onto the atomizer?

OK, one final question: I stay away from the house a lot and don't want to always have to take a charger with me. I'd rather just take a couple of charged up batteries. How long will a charge last on an unused battery?

Sorry I got so long-winded, but I'm full of questions at this point. I've tried using the search feature on the forum, but it apparently only allows you to search for individual words instead of phrases, i.e., refill batt. I've even tried using the plus sign like you do with internet searches but to no avail. Anyway - thanks a million for your patience with me. I look forward to your comments. ........Pam

While it seemed like I did a lot of cleaning when I started, now, not so much. I usually use a rolled up piece of paper towel and insert it into the end of the atty and let it set for a few hours to absorb out the old juice. I do this every day or two. I also wipe off the connection points on the atty and battery with a paper towel. You can also use a q-tip with some alcholhol for this every so often just to keep the contact points good and clean. One suggestion for the morning vape is to drip two drops on the atty before bed and don't vape it. In the moring the first couple of hits will be quite strong. :thumbsup:

I direct drip, so can't help much on the carts, but you want to make sure the filler is level with the end of the cart so that makes contact with the bridge in the atty. I wouldn't pull the filler out unless you're cleaning it (just rinse with warm water and dry with a paper towel). Best advice on carts is to try the PTB or Fluval fillers (vid links below). The stuff that comes in the cart is just... well you choose the word. ;)

The 510 batteries would only last me about 1-2 hours at best, so I moved on to a Spade and VP2 pretty fast. Didn't want to fool with the batteries either. I get 5+ hours with the Spade and 8-12 with the VP2.

PTB

Fluval

Edited by Brian

Hi Wannavape sorry that you are having some problems. Brian gave you some really good suggestions. I tried using carts and was having the same problems that you are experiencing. I gave up within a day and went to a direct drip. I know that isn't convenient when out and about in the world.

Try this and see if it helps you.

1. Remove the filler. Rinse and dry, blot with a paper towel.

2. Add 5-10 drops in the top of the cart.

3. Place filler in cart and make sure it reaches the bottom to soak up the juice. You may want to turn it upside down for a minute to allow the filler to absorb the juice.

4. Add several drops to the rest of the filler until it has a slushy look.

5. Make sure the filler is flush with the end of the cart. Some will suggest letting the filler hand out just a little beyond the cart.

I also suggest keeping the led pointed downward when not using, this will keep the liquid moving towards the atomizer.

With concern about going out and about and the batteries. You can get a PCC, small portable charger no bigger than a box of analogs. I also suggest the mega battery (520) for the 510. It is a bit longer than the regular battery, but it will last longer. These are good options if you are not ready for one of the mods that Brian listed.

As for cleaning the atomizers, I do the same thing that Brian stated above. This is very important - after cleaning the excess liquid out of the atty make sure to add a couple drops to it before use. The atomizer will be pretty dry. Trust me on this I lost one this way.

Watch the videos that Brian posted. They will give you some good tips and hints. Good luck, it will all get better.

Edited by BirdDog

Brian covered most of it - lets see if i can help with the carts part. Mind you this is what i do, so right wrong or indifferent it works for me but maybe not for everyone.

if i'm changing flavors: i take the filling out with a paper clip, rinse out all parts and dry with paper towels, add a few drops to the empty cart, put the filler (dry) in and then top off with liquid until it looks like a slushy. That may mean, using the paper clip again, sliding the filler part ways out and adding drops. Then i make sure the filler is even with the cart so that it will make contact with the bridge. for the rest of the day i just top off with juice. There's no mess but maybe on my finger tips which i can clean off with the towel right there. This whole process takes me about 4mins tops. I do not disassemble any thing over night unless i'm charging them. this has worked for me for about 43 days now... If i'm not changing flavors i just top it off regularly and clean them out with the process above about every 1 1/2 to 2 days.

as far as the charging goes.... get a PCC charger. It goes with you everywhere, is no bigger or cumbersome than a pack of smokes, and charges on the go. I got mine at ENSfor about 20.00$ Charge it overnight while charging your e-cig and then its good to go for about 6 or 7 e-cig charges through out the day.

Hope this helped!

Now for the lazy man's approach to maintenance:

I don't! :D

I don't bother with much of anything except changing the filler in the carts every 5-7 days. There are several threads with links to videos to show you how to do that, so I won't repeat them here. I'm not real picky, so I just switch liquids without a lot of fuss, and it doesn't bother me. Miaybe if my taste buds start working again that might change.

:offtopic: ------> On another note, yesterday I went back to a tobacco flavor I had not used for a while, and I could actually taste the "tobacco" in the juice. It was a rather pleasant surprise and an indication that my taste buds actually are reactivating.

I'll throw in my ditto for the pcc. It works great, by the time your battery runs out the other in the pcc is ready to go. I'm pretty new to all this too, so i don't know if I'm inviting the potential problem of multiple blowouts, but I keep three atty's in rotation, rotate daily and just leave the other two upside down on a paper towel.

Also, my 2 cents on direct dripping, it felt like a bit of a hassle at first, but after a couple weeks it feels like the same kinda 'ritual' as smoking did. Grabbing my juice instead of a lighter, popping 2 drips and have a vape. I dremmeled off the rectangular part of a blank cart and widened out the hole on the other end until its pretty much just a strait pipe so i don't have to take it off to drip (and it hits harder, maybe just in my head) and no mess on my hands, cuz i'm not touching the juicy bits.

Just my experiance, like I said I'm still pretty new too so maybe I'm leading you false.

Edited by Gweetus

Thanks, everyone, for the great suggestions. I'm going to give all of them a try and see what works best for me. And I love the idea from Gweetus for convenient dripping. I've got lots of carts, so I think I'll give that a try, too.