Am I Vaping Cart?

MistaMafiosi

Been dripping with the 510, and it always seems that the carts begin to melt and I produce more vapor at the end then I did at the beginning without any flavor.

I'm just curious, is it because I'm melting the tip of the cart? Is there a way I'm suppose to align the cart with the atty to make sure it doesn't melt?

Hi Mista :) If you look at the bottom of the cart you will notice it is rectangular in shape. Now look at the atomizer and it is also rectangular in shape. Try to line up the cart in the same direction as the atty. Or you can trim off about 1/4 inch from the bottom of the cart and you wont have to worry about it. But you will have to direct drip if you trim the cart because the filler will no longer touch the atty.

i drip, and agree with jeffb that you should cut up to one quarter inch from the end of the mouth piece, so it won't melt the tip, when it gets hot. if you are not using carts, there is no reason for the plastic to touch the wick.

I've found that you will get huge vapor and burnt taste when you need to add more juice. I trim all of my cart and direct drip only, and this still happens. I don't think you're vaping burnt cart, but trimming works well and then you don't have to worry about trying to line up the cart with the attty bridge.

Funny, I never pay attention to how I insert the cart and have never had a problem with my 510. Now I'll be paranoid and will probably have all kinds of problems. Just for the record, I don't direct drip very often. I just add juice to the cart frequently, which seems to work well for me.

Funny, I never pay attention to how I insert the cart and have never had a problem with my 510. Now I'll be paranoid and will probably have all kinds of problems. Just for the record, I don't direct drip very often. I just add juice to the cart frequently, which seems to work well for me.

I've never had any big problem with it, but some slight melting. Didn't really make much difference in the cart. However, I imagine at 5V it would be a different story. I posted a thread in the tips, tricks and mods section about making a tailpipe out of a cart and I do that with all my carts now. Sure make dripping easier.