Problem With 510 Batteries?

Derrek

I was just using one of my 510s and i set it down, and after a few min i noticed it smelled like something was burning, and it happened to be my 510, i touched it to see what was up and the atty was so hot that i dropped the whole thing, and unscrewed the battery from the atty asap. Has anyone had this happen to them or heard of that before and what could have caused that. I have the manual batteries.

I have had the same problem in the last day with a mega battery. The battery is a bit longer so I am not sure if I am not paying attention and accidentally pushing the button or if there is a problem with the battery itself. I have a tendency to hold it in hand. It burns, and hurts. :cry:

Edited by BirdDog

Yeah mine did the same, but I've been having other problems with the battery as well like its fully charged in like 5 min, then randomly lights up when I don't press the button or not work when i press the button

Yeah mine did the same, but I've been having other problems with the battery as well like its fully charged in like 5 min, then randomly lights up when I don't press the button or not work when i press the button

My auto KR batteries stick on from time to time and my manual Kr also but they have a cutoff of 10 seconds to protect them.My 510 batteries have never stuck on and it has no cutoff.sounds like you have a dud you need to send it back if you have a warranty or get another spare or two.I dont really make it a habit of taking mine apart but with the 510 toghether in a pocket it could be trouble.

I have had the same problem in the last day with a mega battery. The battery is a bit longer so I am not sure if I am not paying attention and accidentally pushing the button or if there is a problem with the battery itself. I have a tendency to hold it in hand. It burns, and hurts. :cry:

I recently ordered a couple of mega batteries for my 510. One of the batteries works perfectly, but the other one has issues. I am sure it's the button sticking, but I'm not sure why. I have to really watch it when I use the one that sticks or I'll lay it down with the atty still active. It also has kind of "hair trigger" effect; when I barely touch the button it will go on. I haven't tinkered with it yet to see if I can figure out why that's happening, I am just aware of it and I watch to make sure my light is out before I set it down.

It is good to know that I'm not the only one who has this issue with a mega battery. I have not noticed this problem at all with all my regular 510 batteries.

Thanks for the info Chris. I will have to look into that further with the supplier I bought mine from. I am going to use my battery again today and really try to pay attention to what I am doing. I have a feeling, on my end, that it is user error. This has only happened to me while holding it in my hand and I have a really sneaky feeling that I am the one holding the button down. The longer battery makes me cup it in my hand. I have to learn to set the darn thing down. :D

It's rare that I ever hear this BUT when I do it's not actually a Joye 510 product but rather a SLB version of the 510.

This happens to more than 1 of my 510 bats but not to either of my mega bats. Who or what is SLB and why don't they get it right! I can't remember who I got the starter kit from or the other extra bateries but I know the mega's are from TW. I asume TW's are genuine, no problem with them. I thought it may have been my fault for flooding it but it feels good to blame someone else. I too am in the habit of making sure it is off before I put it down.

SLB is a company called Silbao they create an imitation version of the 510. You can usually tell if it's a none genuine atomizer by looking at the bottom of the "510" atomizer, if it has a washer inside the atomizer then it's not a genuine Joye 510 product.

I will be working on a guide soon so that members can tell the difference between a knock off 510 and a true Joye 510.

This link may help, the following shows Janty Products next to the SLB models: http://www.jantyworld.com/news/beware-of-copies.html

The reason why your mega batteries probably work without issue is because currently, there are no knock off versions of the mega battery... yet. So your mega batteries are probably legitimate Joye products, however the small batteries may be SLB.

In SLB's defense some people like the SLB atomizers, but regardless, suppliers should mark them as SLB510's and NOT Joye510. It's false advertising and not very ethical.

but regardless, suppliers should mark them as SLB510's and NOT Joye510. It's false advertising and not very ethical.

For a lot of Chinese companies, ethics is not high on the list of corporate traits they want to promote. :innocent:

For a lot of Chinese companies, ethics is not high on the list of corporate traits they want to promote. :innocent:

Oh I agree with you 100%, but these are actually American Suppliers...Meaning, suppliers in the states are selling SLB510s as Joye 510's and some of them know they're not genuine. If they can't tell the difference or claim ignorance I feel they shouldn't be supplier.

Oh I agree with you 100%, but these are actually American Suppliers...Meaning, suppliers in the states are selling SLB510s as Joye 510's and some of them know they're not genuine. If they can't tell the difference or claim ignorance I feel they shouldn't be supplier.

Thanks Chris it all makes more sence to me now. I have several different 510 attys and batteries and I do notice differences with different combinations. I wasn't sure if one of my batteries is stronger than the rest or if it was the atty. I'm still not sure but at least I know there's more than 1 manufacturer and these parts could work to a different degree of quallity. I have had no problems with SLB attys but I agree that suppliers should advertise truthfully.