Driving And Vaping

snubber

Has this happened to you?

I was driving to the store a little while ago with my 510 in my mouth. I stopped at a red light and was vaping away when the person next to me rolled down his window and started waving at me. I thought he was going to ask for directions but instead said "what the hell do you have in your mouth?" Me being a good noobie and trying to explain it in 1000 words or less explained to the best of my ability just "what the hell I had" WE exchanged words a lot longer than I thought because we sat through the next green light and into the red again. Luckily no one was behind us or I'm sure they would have let us know.

Well I told hin to check out the vapor talk site and get more info if he was really interested which he said he was and would. The whole conversation was kinda funny to me and I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else at a stop light?

Wow! That's amazing snubber. I have never had anything close to that happen to me. I would never have the guts to ask someone what they had in their mouth, so that part even amazes me. I think it's great though that you may have been able to help someone else and bring them to the vaper side. Good job!!

:unworthy:

I love to vape and drive but I cup my 510 at lights so no one will notice, I'm still nervous some good citizen will flag a cop and say I saw a guy smokin a crack pipe or something

I've never had that happen at a stoplight before, but Sinjhin and I are constantly being asked about it in other public places. He rides the bus too, so I'm sure he gets more attention than most vapers, and probably much more than he cares for.

Where we work, we still go outside to the usual smoking hangouts to vape, so we're often queried in these situations. Personally I prefer to vape in peace, so I tend to be as discreet as possible about it when I can, but occasionally I'll offer up some info to someone I think is genuinely interested.

However more often than not all we hear is "hey what is that?... oh, can I try it?". I don't have a problem with sharing the experience with my close friends, we share beers all the time for comparison and experimentation purposes, but I'm certainly not going to my PV into the mouth of every mildly interested stranger with a half-hearted subconscious desire to quit smoking. Even if I did, vaping for a few puffs is not sufficient to do the activity justice, and I'd only be hurting the cause by enabling people to form a first and probably final impression of vaping based on a worthless experience.

That's what bugs me the most, otherwise I don't have a problem openly vaping.

Edited by mmseng

The other day I took my son to the park, and this park is a very highly trafficed park with lots of rich women walking around with their kids, and i was puffing on my Joye. Right when i got in the park, i took a puff and noticed this lady across the park staring at me with the most "What the F*** are you doing?" look on her face. i politely walked over to her and my first words out of my mouth were "Its not smoke" and she reflexively smiled and felt so stupid for giving me that look. she apologized for the look after i explained what i was "smoking". She said she had heard about E-Cigs and thats when i told her about this awesome forum. Anywhere i go i look for people who are smoking and purposely walk extra slow past them while vaping so they will stop me and ask me about it. Once i get through my spiel, i give them the Website and tell them to check it out. I do it so often you would think that i worked for Vaportalk. lol