Dsc901 Battery Questions

TeriJo

I have no idea if this has been happening from the beginning, but I noticed last night and today....

On my dsc901 sitting on my desk, the LED seems to blink now and then for no reason. I'm sure the LED can't draw MUCH power and all, it just seemed very odd to me.

Tried the pyramid mod... and love it. Now, since I noticed this AFTER the mod, I thought maybe my stuffing was too high and took the cart completely off. Still blinks.....so it isn't THAT. Does anyone know what would cause this to blink?

I just took the whole atty assembly off and now peekin to see if it still does it....but I sure wish it came with a manual LOL

Teri

I have no idea if this has been happening from the beginning, but I noticed last night and today....

On my dsc901 sitting on my desk, the LED seems to blink now and then for no reason. I'm sure the LED can't draw MUCH power and all, it just seemed very odd to me.

Tried the pyramid mod... and love it. Now, since I noticed this AFTER the mod, I thought maybe my stuffing was too high and took the cart completely off. Still blinks.....so it isn't THAT. Does anyone know what would cause this to blink?

I just took the whole atty assembly off and now peekin to see if it still does it....but I sure wish it came with a manual LOL

Teri

Hmmm, I don't remember mine ever doing that. It blinked when in use because of the cut off, but not all on it's own. Or not that I remember.

It's my understnading that the auto batteries can be triggered by noise. Got any music playing or load banging? I hear it's nothing to worry about, but it can happen. Also heard that you can blow on them and trigger them.

Edited by Brian

Hmmm, I don't remember mine ever doing that. It blinked when in use because of the cut off, but not all on it's own. Or not that I remember.

K. Battery by itself.....no blink. Different Atty.... no blink... so the trick is to figure out what makes THIS atty make it blink I guess. It's just really weird.

Have I entered the TWILIGHT ZONE?

Teri

Is your 901 have an automatic battery or a manual push button?

If its an automatic there might be a fault in the switch that activates the battery when you take a drag.

It is an automatic. No noises. I could go for the switch idea except it is only doing this with one of my 3 attys. I'm thinking something on the atty is activiating the switch....but then the question would be HOW. The only thing I cud possibly think of would be it's taking in more AIR than the other attys.. but it takes more than a DRAFT to make that lil light turn blue. So I think I'm down to how it is making contact.

It's a MYSTERY. I love MYSTERIES as long as there's no guns or bombs or ya know....strangling involved.

I have two attys that don't make it do this, so it isn't an emergency I just HAVE TO KNOW giggle.

Teri

I did think of mentioning a ghost, TeriJo, but didn't know how you would take it. LOL But since you mentioned the Twilight Zone.... :whistle: Hmmmmm....maybe it's more of mystery than you know.....OOOOOOOO

Haha! Well if it is a ghost, it would have to be my mother see, cuz she smoked like a chimney. She'd never hurt me, so, I'm safe. LOL

Teri ...... BOOOOOOOOO !

Hey Terijo, one more question--does the atty vape well? If not, my guess would be that the atty has an elictrical short in it and is activating the battery causing it to reach the shutoff point. :iiam:

Hey Terijo, one more question--does the atty vape well? If not, my guess would be that the atty has an elictrical short in it and is activating the battery causing it to reach the shutoff point. :iiam:

Seems to vape well, until all that blinkin wears the batt down lol.

Whatever it is, I'll save it for like an "OMG all my attys died" emergency. lol

I ordered a PT today. I'm thinkin I won't use that atty on it since i've no idea what it is doing. I suppose if it was a borderline kinda short it could blinky blinky and still vape decent.... i dunno.

However, the ghost one sounds waaaaay more interesting don't it?

Oh and I did some math today. I went from 10 packs in 7 days to..... lessee, I'm working on my 4th pack in 2 weeks. This is way cool. It will be cooler when I find I'm not on analogs at ALL of course, but YAY anyway!!!! :animier:

Teri

I wouldn't worry about it as long as it just blinks occasionally ,if it stayed on for a while it could burn out the atty.I think to be on the safe side I would unscrew the attty if I wasn't going to use it for a while.I would still use the battery up as I don't have extra money to waste .

I wouldn't worry about it as long as it just blinks occasionally ,if it stayed on for a while it could burn out the atty.I think to be on the safe side I would unscrew the attty if I wasn't going to use it for a while.I would still use the battery up as I don't have extra money to waste .

Yep I agree :) Got that atty marked and in the emergency pile lol