The Joye 510 Pcc, Inside And Out

mmseng

Hey guys. I'm planning on designing my own PCC case based on the 510 PCC. The first step was to take it apart and see what I had to work with. So I made a quick tutorial on the disassembly and guts of the unit while I was at it. Not like there's really anything to it, but if you were ever curious about what's inside, here's your free peek: http://www.mattseng.com/personal/joye510_pcc/

Heh, thanks. I dunno. Obviously the first thing I plan is to machine the case and fittings and use it for myself. Depending on how happy I am with it I might consider a DIY. I doubt I'd go so far as to sell them unless it turns out to be the best thing since in ecigs since the 510.

My goal is really to make a lightweight-as-possible, compact-as-possible, space-efficient-as-possible carrying case that allows you to carry more things, preferably with a way to carry at least one or two juice bottles too, I'd have to find a way to account for the different bottles sizes as well. And ideally it would be big enough to hold a decent selection, but still small enough that you could put it in your pocket if you really wanted to.

In reality, the 510 PCC is incredibly space-inefficient, with that plastic shell interior. And it doesn't allow you to customize what you're carrying very much. I'd like to find a way to allow for spaces or sleeves that can be used for whatever you want, be it a cart, a cart+atty, a whole e-cig, etc. Really all I would need is a couple sleeves that can hold an entire ecig. And you can swap parts at your leisure. My biggest problem with the 510 PCC is that it only carries 1 battery, the one you're charging. So I end up carrying the PCC AND another complete ecig in my pocket, which is unprotected. I'm always afraid I'm going to sit wrong or something and break the standalone unit. If they had only made it a tiny bit wider with one more space to hold a complete ecig I would be set. I'm looking for a way to keep everything I need (with the possible exception of the juice bottles) in a single protected case. And there's really no reason they needed to make it any deeper than the battery. They stacked the circuit board on top of the battery, which ruins the space-efficiency of the hole-configuration in the top.

One idea is to go with something that's more like a classic cigarette case. I think the big problem is the battery. The battery in the 510 PCC is just not shaped to be space-efficient. It would work out much better if it were long and thin, more like an actual ecig battery, but thicker perhaps. Damn, now I'm giving myself too many ideas.

Edited by mmseng

For example I could even use something pre-made, like this: http://www.vaporkings.com/Joye_510_e_Cigarette_case_black_chrome_p/510-case-blk.htm

And simply rearrange the slots to make room for a charger battery and circuit board. Pretty much all of these cases I've seen suffer from the same lack of appreciation for space-efficiency as well. If you removed the gaps in the felt cut-out you could easily fit at least two more spaces for whole units in there. Or better yet you could remove the gaps and just make the case smaller, if you weren't going to make it a charger.

That's a sweet article Matt. I see what you mean about the battery. I couldn't pick up on its specs, but maybe you can find a battery with similar amperage in a more reasonable shape. The shape of the circuit board would still be an issue though. I look forward to your new design -- keep us posted your progress. thumbsup.gif