Dawning Of Awerness

variven

I just got back from spending a week with my family.Aside from my Mom they ALL smoke :censored: .Well I was just unpacking the last suitcase and when I opened it the SMELL almost knocked me down !!!!!! I realized two things I hadn't before.#1. You really DO smell like cigs,it's on your clothes,in your hair,all over your skin etc.I HAD washed clothes before I packed but the house smelled that strong of cigs.#2.I never once wanted a cig.You remember,if someone lights up you automatically do too.It never even crossed my mind lol.Here they were smokin like a freight train(like I used to)and I never even thought of it !!!!!! Pretty cool huh?

Vari

Thats a great story. I often forget how bad we all stank !!!! Most of my friends and family have all quit over the years, I was one of the last hold outs (until I found vaping)--Now and again I will be standing next to a smoker and can't believe I smelled that bad!!!!

I am glad you were happy not smoking--I am the same way, absolutely no desire to smoke !!!!

Happy Vaping

Lisa

I just got back from spending a week with my family.Aside from my Mom they ALL smoke :censored: .Well I was just unpacking the last suitcase and when I opened it the SMELL almost knocked me down !!!!!! I realized two things I hadn't before.#1. You really DO smell like cigs,it's on your clothes,in your hair,all over your skin etc.I HAD washed clothes before I packed but the house smelled that strong of cigs.#2.I never once wanted a cig.You remember,if someone lights up you automatically do too.It never even crossed my mind lol.Here they were smokin like a freight train(like I used to)and I never even thought of it !!!!!! Pretty cool huh?

Vari

Good for you!!!

I'm really kinda new to this, but I remember when my mother was still alive how the kitchen(her choice of places to sit and watch t.v.) was always a dull golden color. When she past away and we went to cleaning the house, we sprayed cleaner on the walls and you could watch the tar and nicotine run down the walls. I never relized how bad it was till then.

I didn't notice the smell then either because I was always smoking there too. This last time I returned from South Carolina and left my suitcase still packed. After I opened it just recently I noticed just how bad all those clothes smelled. It's nice not to stink anymore isn't it??? Keep up the good work.

That is really great!

Same happened to me, I had gone to my son's program at school and put on a jacket that I had worn before I gave up analogs, I could not believe the cigarette smell on that jacket would still be so strong. Looks like, as Christopher said I need to go on a 'cleaning spree' to get rid of the remaining cigarette stench.

Thank goodness for Vaping.

For those that smoked in their homes, I have one small suggestion that really helps get the stink out of your home. Change the furnace/air conditioner filter if you have not done so already. It really will make a difference and help speed up the removal of the lingering smell on everything.

Vari, it's deeply cool that you weren't tempted to smoke when surrounded by all those users! That really shows how valuable vaping is for those of us who wish never to smoke again. I daresay that had you been on gum or some other nic replacement you would not have felt so comfortable. This is great news for us all. I too have noticed that being around smokers is not a temptation, and I really have come to despise the smell! LOL. Ever gotten on an elevator with someone who just came in from smoking! Yikes! I'm so embarrased that I used to subject people to that. They were so gracious not to complain.

My own biggest danger is in wanting the simplicity of firing up an analog, or just wanting a good, solid hit of nicotine. Mostly I've been able to vape successfully through that though. It's wonderful to sit at my desk all day (now that I've gotten used to it) and not have to stop working at a critical time to satisfy my nic need. Or face the weather for it!

I hope you were able to get the analog smell out of your stuff easily. Thanks for an uplifting post. thumbsup.gif

Some of my friends still smoke and like company when they go outside during our Minnesota winters. The first time I smelled analogs I was so shocked. Now it's almost unbearable being outside with them. The worst is when people are inside and smokers enter the room. I can't believe that was me.

Lol I talked to my Sis-in-Law today.Her stuff got there yesterday a.m.(from Arno lol).She hasn't smoked since!She had been out,when she got back and walked in her house lol guess what?YEP she said her house STINKS!She didn't realize it before.Now she understands why we didn't come over much lol.Now I get to BUG her unmercifully roflmao !!!!! :thumbsup: Way to go Sis-in-Law !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vari

I knew my house smelled while I still smoked,I went as far as getting rid of all cloth upholstery and all the carpet,got an electronic air cleaner for the furnace and put an exhaust fan in the half bath where I did some of my best work.I still knda like the smell of a burning analog but stale smoke on a person or object is kinda nasty.

This house I've not smoked in at all....has always been outside. Since I'm still smoking an analog or two a day I'm not noticing the smell on the clothes yet..... but...

When my mother died we cleaned the house and Lord. The kitchen was this ugly yellow. After cleaning, it was BRIGHT SUNSHINE yellow, and I could remember why she picked that color.

That didn't make me stop smoking LOL, but I did notice it. I made sure I cleaned the walls of my houses whenever I moved, but still.... there's no way to get it all I don't think.

If you don't mind having to repaint, the best cleaner for those nicotine stains i've found is mean green. (don't remember who makes it) but that stuff ALSO will strip the finish off a coffee table, so I wouldn't use it on wood or anything like that. And it will take the paint off the wall if you let it sit long enough. I used it because we were planning to repaint anyway.

nicotine leaks through the paint for several coats if you use a light color.

My bad...on and on, but YAY I'm glad you didn't feel the need to smoke. Me, I've not been tested on that one yet.

Teri

I know what you mean ,I helped my brother move out of his house and everything felt sticky and smelled like a dirty ashtray.And the walls and windows were just coated.It felt like you could scrape it off with a putty knife.