Need Info

snubber

Hi all...I'm probably opening a can of worms here but I have to ask.

Working with a limited supply of attys right now and was wondering if anyone has a good way to clean them?

I've read many suggestions on that other forum,and I was wondering if any of you (people who's opinions I trust)have found any good and quick way to get them clean. Like I said, I don't have a big supply of extras just yet so I have to get them cleaned and back in service quickly. So if any of you have a good idea I would really like to hear it.

As always thanks for all your help and support.

Hi all...I'm probably opening a can of worms here but I have to ask.

Working with a limited supply of attys right now and was wondering if anyone has a good way to clean them?

I've read many suggestions on that other forum,and I was wondering if any of you (people who's opinions I trust)have found any good and quick way to get them clean. Like I said, I don't have a big supply of extras just yet so I have to get them cleaned and back in service quickly. So if any of you have a good idea I would really like to hear it.

As always thanks for all your help and support.

I've tried almost everything. I think the absolute best idea out there is nightly leave them upside down on a napkin or towel to drain. The goal is to get that juice in the atty out before it congeals. Now some folks feel that's the best hit of the day the next day by leaving it in there. Next, the towel/tissue gently pressed against the wick to soak up juice. Keep going until no more. I would say, unless you are having an issue don't boil or use everclear. Bear in mind, I've not had an issue with either and some folks swear it brought some attys back to life but others swear it caused issues as well. Whatever you do, if you remove what is there, please make sure you prime it again with several drops. If you have some you used and then haven't for a hile, you might want to experiment boiling them. Get a screen that dips into the water, or a slotted wooden spoon. Get the water boiling then get the atty in there. Don't let it sit on the bottom of the pan else it will get too hot. 5-10 minutes, get them out, blow them out (after they cool please), then let them dry for at least a day (I don't but that's the feeling). Prime and try them out.

I usually blow them out every couple of days through the cart side. I make sure to get everything out, wipe the contacts clean on the both the atomizer and unit. Lastly, I dab paper towel inside to clear up some excess liquid coated on the side. Be careful while doing this because if the atomizer wick is wet the paper may get stuck to it and that wouldn't taste to good. When I switch atomizers I usually let them drain out, until I need to use them again.

I usually blow them out every couple of days through the cart side. I make sure to get everything out, wipe the contacts clean on the both the atomizer and unit. Lastly, I dab paper towel inside to clear up some excess liquid coated on the side. Be careful while doing this because if the atomizer wick is wet the paper may get stuck to it and that wouldn't taste to good. When I switch atomizers I usually let them drain out, until I need to use them again.

I forgot about blowing them out...thanx

I roll up a piece of paper towel and leave it in the atty. I've got several atty's in rotation so I do this regularly. I did have a couple that seemed to really get gummed up... got bad flavor and were difficult to draw on. I boiled them in distilled water for about 5 minutes (keeping them off the bottom) and let the water cool by itself before removing them. They came out like brand new. Worked okay for me, but I've also heard some people ended up with a dead atty after boiling. Like has already been said - I'd use it as a last resort.

When my mine start tasting funny or not producing I soak them in denture cleaner tabs a couple of hours then soak them in hot water from my coffee maker a few times to get the denture tabs out.I let them dry over night and then put two drops of VG in to get them primed.I also have an ultrasonic cleaner but it doesn't seem to do much better than just soaking them.Sometimes at work I clean one out with alcohol and rinse well ,blow it out and use it .

After tearing apart an atty, I've come to two conclusions. First, these wonderful contraptions seem like a spark plug. When they "load up" they seem to foul. Thus, upside down with a tissue in them can clear them out. Second, being that "juice" has sugar in it and overheating an atty may happen, they tend to carmelize. When mine produce nothing but steamy vapor, I will put them in a shot glass, sprinkle a pinch of baking soda on them, fill the glass with white vinegar and soak for an hour. After this, I boil the attys for five minutes in filtered water and let dry over night. I do buy a fresh atty every month for backup.(I have a lot now) hope this helps.