Need help buying a vape I can actually smoke

PattyAnn

First, it would be helpful to know the brand name of the unit you bought. What is the percentage of the nicotine in the liquid? That would help us to troubleshoot your issue. Second, I would try taking a small hit off your vape and holding it in your mouth for just a second before inhaling. That might help your coughing. When I start coughing is when the wattage is too high in my battery and I need to turn it down but everyone is different and your setup might not allow for that.

Welcome to Vapor Talk.  :)

• 5 months later...

You may have the wattage set to high for getting back into it. I had to cut mine way back for a few days from 90-100 down to like 30 and work my way back up. I also started back in baby steps for hitting it. After about a week and a half I'm good back at my previous vape wattage.

If you have too much nicotine in your juice you will get that kind of reaction. My husband is a lifelong *heavy* smoker (3-4 packs per day) since he was 11 yrs old - he's 63 now and he can't go any higher than 9 or he's coughing and choking like crazy.