The Hidden Savings Of Vaping

Todd

I recently passed my 100 days of Vaping. Off the top of my head I figure that I have spent about $500.00 perhaps $600.00 on my own personal Vaping equipment since I started. I know that I used to spend about $350.00 per month on American Spirit Cigarettes when I smoked. They cost about $5.60 per pack,So 2 packs a day, well do the math. Anyway, I was talking with my wife about how much I am saving per month Vaping. She brought up a hidden value that I overlooked witch was all the extras. I bought my analog Cigs two packs a day from the corner store and every time I would buy Cigs I would also buy beer , or a coke , a snack or something usually. Since I don't go to that store any longer I don't buy all the extra stuff. If you add all that up over a months time , that's about another 100.00 per month I'm saving! These days every bit helps. I am also looking forward to the money saved by not having to go to the doctor to get prescriptions for smoking related stuff. :thumbsup:

Congrats on 100 days Todd not only are you saving money on the hidden extras you are saving your lungs liver heart and if like me it was the crazy snacks your cholestoral is getting into a health range also keep vaping and glad to hear your doing great !!!!!:thumbsup:

It's funny I was just talking to my wife about the same thing half an hour ago. I used to start the week with about $250. in my pocket and by Friday it was gone. This week I started with $50 AND I still have $10 in my jeans.

My only problem with vaping is why the hell didn't any of you tell me about it sooner.

And some more 'savings' for those 'green' people.

My son and I figured out that over my 34 years of smoking, I produced over 500,000 cigarette butts.

That's all over now that I'm a vaper, and I bet the landfills are really happy.

Lots and lots of hidden savings by vaping over smoking. :thumbsup:

I smoked roughly a pack a day, and usually bought them 3 packs at a time from the local Qwik Trip. So I was getting gas every 3 days, whether I needed it or not, buying 3 packs of cigs, and putting all on the QT card. My wife commented just yesterday that the QT bill went down $150.00 this month. :thumbsup:

wow variven, 12 lbs, thats great!! i had wondered how sweet flavors would affect our food consumption. i like mostly sweet fruity flavors myself and haven't noticed my sweet tooth acting up as much lately. now that would be some healthy savings LOL!!

I have been EXTREMELY diligent in tracking the money I've spent on vaping, in order to show myself just how much more economical it is compared to analogs. I took up this cause on day 1. When I created my banner, I included not only the cigarettes I used to buy, but the cigars as well. After 16 days of vaping I created this topic: Are e-cigarettes economical?

In that post, I itemized every single expenditure, including tax and shipping. I also have made it a point to only purchase those things that were only absolutely necessary. I shopped for the best prices. I've refrained from "collecting" PVs and different flavors. I wanted to prove to myself, and to my very skeptical friends, just how cheap vaping really is. I look at it as positive re-enforcement to keep me from analogs. I also made sure to only buy replacement parts for my 510 when needed. This helped me to see just how durable these products really are and just how long they actually last.

At the time I made that post I had spent a total of $198.00. That was on the 16th of November.

Since then, I've made other purchases, which was mainly juice.

The total amount for me so far is $230.00 over the past 90 days. Thats a savings of over $1100.

Todd - i was the same way! who goes to the store and picks up only a pack of cigs... especially if there are few buddies sitting around and chit chatting. So i look at another added benefit : look at the junk food that's now also not going into my system!!!!

Congrats on making to 100...i'm still working on it.

At first it does seem like it's costing more than it's worth,,at least it did to me.

Now that I'm not coughing and weezing so much I think it may just be worth the expense.

Besides, who couldn't give up a few snacks,sodas, and an extra pack of analogs?

Keep up the fight!!!